BMR = Ultimate UCA

Vin302

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Josh.

We have some other products in the testing...and development phase, but I really wanted to get this piece out asap, so I put it at the top of the list.

I am going to try to button up our adjustable F/R Sway Bars and new line of Springs.....before the S550 comes out.

More info on the springs?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
What's an upper control arm?
shiftyeyesxg7.gif

I see what you did here....

More info on the springs?

This is actually very "secretive" - I have been working on a few designs for about a year. I have random people testing as I type this.

DRock

Reaction score
I JUST out my upper in and you go and do this!

Any added NVH over say your poly and/or rod end?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is this not recommended for a 90% street driven car/10% track due to NVH?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Well, it is a bearing - even though it's a very high quality bearing, I think most people will still want a Poly version. I can only have so many customers running 8's and 9's on poly though....these new cars really make some steam, so naturally, the bearing is the ultimate route to take.

For corner lovers.....this is about as good as it gets.

FWIW, for those who like bearings....the static radial load on this piece is 90,000lbs..... lol

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
Kelly,
Will BMR be selling these through American Muscle?
If so, when?

I had to send my recalled Whiteline UCA back to AM and now have an exchange credit.
All I need to do is decide which one I want.

08fordgt

forum member
Reaction score
I have a spherical Edelbrock uca and my car is 99.99998148148148% street driven. (Yes I took the time to do the math. Lol) it's only apparent when you hit hard bumps and you kind of hear a clunk. But it's cool.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Kelly,
Will BMR be selling these through American Muscle?
If so, when?

I had to send my recalled Whiteline UCA back to AM and now have an exchange credit.
All I need to do is decide which one I want.

That is up to American Muscle. They haven't brought on any of our new parts when we release them, so, I am not really too sure about them offering this piece when it is released. This is something you may want to discuss with them.

I have a spherical Edelbrock uca and my car is 99.99998148148148% street driven. (Yes I took the time to do the math. Lol) it's only apparent when you hit hard bumps and you kind of hear a clunk. But it's cool.

Swing by sometime!

08fordgt

forum member
Reaction score
That is up to American Muscle. They haven't brought on any of our new parts when we release them, so, I am not really too sure about them offering this piece when it is released. This is something you may want to discuss with them.

Swing by sometime!

I will!

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Good stuff Kelly.. make sure I get in the loop, and test out these puppies.. World Cup @ MIR is only couple weeks away... just saying>>LOL would be a great addition to my BMR family..

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This is not an UCA, but....it's just a Toe Link on an IRS Camaro.

This shows why we choose not to run a threaded rod (small diameter) on our UCA, yet - we use a custom BMR Designed 1-1/8" Chrome Moly adjuster.

attachment.php

I won't mention the company who made these, we all go through growing pains.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It's coming along nicely. I won't get into exactly what this prelimary testing is all about, but, I'll just say - this piece is much more complicated than it may appear. If it were just your average rod-end threaded to an adjuster, we'd have been selling them 3 years ago.

Anyhow:

BMR Specific adjusters. Left is current, right is the new one. We took the best adjuster in the industry, and decided to lighten it up a little. No big deal, I know, but - we want to ensure these new arms are "as good as it gets". Nothing beats saving weight, as long as the product is durable enough.

Pre-Production unit. This shows the Billet Machined Bearing housing, welded to a DOM tube, with the bearing fitted inside. We will be testing several variations, but, it looks like this UCA (UTCA033) will only be adjustable. The body, unlike this picture, will be built of the adjuster pictured above, and billet machined steel pieces.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We did not decide to build this arm to have people pick the cheapest part in the catalog, I do apologize. We decided to offer this for the customer wanting the highest quality UCA that money can buy.

That said, check out these new 7075 Billet Spacers, anodized beautifully in black.

These pieces are an EXACT fit. As a matter of fact, if the manufacture of the bolts we provide, are even slightly off....force may be needed to provide fitment. Rather that, than sloppy!

TIGHT!!!!!

Spacers put into the bearing, int he UCA:

UCA Mounted into UCA Mount:

Random shot:

I am pleased with these spacers. I was originally going to use 6061 Aluminum, but I thought, what the heck, may as well make it different. This is the only piece offered from BMR in 7075. :rockon:

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
Kelly,

BMR is the 1st place I go to for suspension components for my Mustang. Keep up the good work!

Mike

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Any updates on availability here??? I'm going to take my axle down and do some work on it, would be a great time to throw the UCA up in there!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back