BMR = Ultimate UCA

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
People are comparing, redesigning, etc.

We have been working on this for a while, and now we are ready to get serious.

This will be the highest quality piece within the entire S197 industry, at a great cost to the consumer. I am hoping to come in, at the $289-$299 price range, which would be about half of the cost of the FRPP/MMatic piece. This piece will be so much more than that piece, it will be a no brainer for customers looking for ulimate performance on the drag-strip, or road course.

No rod-end stuff here, spherical bearing design by BMR, just like our current spherical design rear control arms for the S197 Chassis. This spherical bearing design is MUCH stronger than a typical rod-ended UCA, and of course; will feature the massive, BMR Unique CM adjuster (well, not so unique - ironically the Cobra Jet comes with one similar......)

Anyhow, enough with the babble. Here are some pictures. Massive spherical bearing.....and notice, one of the races is slightly different - that sure would be a nice feature, huh?!

Outer race w/ (2) potential bearings to be used:

Hmmm....

Current Poly Version / Mocked Spherical. This things is rather large....

2005-2010 to 2011+ Comparison. That "little" Spherical UCA on the right, has seen 7-Second ET's, MANY 8's and 9's +...and can be found on many Professional Road Course cars. That Hammertone Bearing end, ironically, fits a Cobra Jet UCA perfectly....and many use an an upgrade...

What an awesome piece this will be. We are very excited about being able to offer such an excellent part, for an excellent price!

We considered a "Rod-End" version at first, due to being able to sell them at such a lower cost....but, we would rather offer the best than the cheapest. No UCA failures is much more appealing than selling twice as many at half the price. :beer:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I am not starting trouble but how does this new design blow away the way the traditional designs have been constructed? Have there been that many aftermarket UCA failures that led to this new design? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new design?

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I have a spherical/rod ended UCA in my '07, and never again do I want one unless I trailer the car to the track. Works great at the strip, but is god awful driving to the track.

Looks like it will be a nice piece though.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a spherical/rod ended UCA in my '07, and never again do I want one unless I trailer the car to the track. Works great at the strip, but is god awful driving to the track.

Was your car a track only car or did you DD it/drive it occasionally on the street?

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
I dont drive it much, mostly weekend/track, so i went with the solid ends. My local track is ~30 miles away and its a horrible drive. The rear just feels like crap. Having the '13 now, its not much of an issue though, I just deal with it.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
People are comparing, redesigning, etc.

We have been working on this for a while, and now we are ready to get serious.

This will be the highest quality piece within the entire S197 industry, at a great cost to the consumer. I am hoping to come in, at the $289-$299 price range, which would be about half of the cost of the FRPP/MMatic piece. This piece will be so much more than that piece, it will be a no brainer for customers looking for ulimate performance on the drag-strip, or road course.

No rod-end stuff here, spherical bearing design by BMR, just like our current spherical design rear control arms for the S197 Chassis. This spherical bearing design is MUCH stronger than a typical rod-ended UCA, and of course; will feature the massive, BMR Unique CM adjuster (well, not so unique - ironically the Cobra Jet comes with one similar......)

Anyhow, enough with the babble. Here are some pictures. Massive spherical bearing.....and notice, one of the races is slightly different - that sure would be a nice feature, huh?!

What an awesome piece this will be. We are very excited about being able to offer such an excellent part, for an excellent price!

We considered a "Rod-End" version at first, due to being able to sell them at such a lower cost....but, we would rather offer the best than the cheapest. No UCA failures is much more appealing than selling twice as many at half the price. :beer:

It's very hard to take you seriously with the amount of grammatical errors present in your post.....

If you're unable to construct a clear thought why would I ever consider your statements about it being "the highest quality piece within the entire S197 industry.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
It's very hard to take you seriously with the amount of grammatical errors present in your post.....

If you're unable to construct a clear thought why would I ever consider your statements about it being "the highest quality piece within the entire S197 industry.

Haha, tell us how you really feel Ben.

OP, it looks great! Interested to hear feedback.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I can be a bit of a Grammar Nazi myself, but I don't see any glaring issues with Kelly's post. Please enlighten us lesser folk and show us the way to perfect grammar if you don't mind.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks good! I am not starting trouble but how does this new design blow away the way the traditional designs have been constructed? Have there been that many aftermarket UCA failures that led to this new design? What are the advantages/disadvantages of the new design?

Nope. This new design is simply because we do not offer anything "higher level" than our UTCA032, which IMO....is currently the best Poly offering available.

There is a drastic difference between the available "Rod-End" UCA....in comparison to a true Spherical Bearing style UCA, like we use.

One of the primary difference is strength. Your typical Rod-Ended UCA is just not as strong, due to the design used to make it work. The weakest way to build a control arm, upper or lower, is to have a "small" threaded portion of the UCA. Here is a very good example of what I am trying to get across. Check out these two arms - which one is stronger?

The next difference would be quality. Have you seen the MMatic/FRPP Boss 302 UCA? It is $800, from what I am told....and it does not use a Rod-End....it uses a housed spherical bearing, similar to what you see pictured ^.

At the end of the day, some may not want a higher quality piece. At this point and time, there is no other item like this on the market - and we are going to be the ones who release it, and offer the only true adjustable spherical bearing arm, that you can buy.

There is nothing "wrong" with a rod-ended UCA - but we learned back when stock suspension Drag Radial Mustangs were getting into the 8's....that rod-end UCA do not hold a candle to a housed spherical bearing design. We used to have a box full of borken rod-ends from customers who we supported locally, that were running out of the box rod-end arms on their 1300HP Mustangs.....this is why we designed and released our Spherical Bearing control arms for the '79-'04 cars....even though we don't sell but 5 pairs a year due to them not being $150....

I assume it is a typical rod-end UCA like pictured above? Thanks for sharing!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

That's fair.

Have a nice day. :highfive:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I can be a bit of a Grammar Nazi myself, but I don't see any glaring issues with Kelly's post. Please enlighten us lesser folk and show us the way to perfect grammar if you don't mind.

I admit, I do find it ironic. People typically compliment my grammar, but, stuff happens.

You know Brian, as well as I, grammatical errors and quality product/service go hand-in-hand!

You get your bushings for the K-Member yet?:naughty1:

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Any idea on when these will be around? I'd definitely give one a go for an autox/track driving perspective.

DTL

forum member
Reaction score
Very cool! I've been waiting for someone to clone/improve the MutliMatic piece. I can't wait to hear some feedback from folks using these on roadrace cars. What bushing/bearing are you pairing this with on the housing side?

bakerjd

Resident Bum
Reaction score
That's awesome Kelly! Glad to see BMR still kicking ass and taking names. I love my BMR Suspension parts and wouldn't have it any other way.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Josh.

We have some other products in the testing...and development phase, but I really wanted to get this piece out asap, so I put it at the top of the list.

I am going to try to button up our adjustable F/R Sway Bars and new line of Springs.....before the S550 comes out.

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great Kelly, might need this when I test the ring next year in Germany:)

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
What's an upper control arm?
shiftyeyesxg7.gif

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back