Boosting The 3V With Positive Displacement Blowers – Almost Everything You Want To Kn

07 Boss

Reaction score
Thanks fir the time and effort to put this together. Very informative and well written.

I also nominate this thread for sticky status.

Last edited:

palanza7

forum member
Reaction score
wow /thread for 99% of s197 engine/supercharger questions.

just link them to that every time lol

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Sweet. Sent the link to my mechanic, too.

Now don't hate me, but what about us Cali folk limited to 91 and Torco Fuel Booster LOL?

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
This can't be true:

"When playing with 450rwhp+ headers will give you a couple of HP. Nothing dramatic though. You’ll make your power at slightly less boost though, so that’s not a bad thing."

I searched, and made a thread - headers are worth 50-60 hp!

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
I've still got questions LOL;
-Will my 2.6KB bolt directly to the GT450 manifold?

-The garage I go to is a KB retailer, Kenne Bell is literally around the corner from the shop, so please forgive his loyalty. My mechanic is still not sold on the TVS being a better option, stating the smaller size (2.3 vs 2.6). How can I, we, convince him?

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Sweet. Sent the link to my mechanic, too.

Now don't hate me, but what about us Cali folk limited to 91 and Torco Fuel Booster LOL?

I'm pretty sure there is a Chevron in your town that carries E85.

You might think about doing your own work and getting a different tuner if you have to convince him to allow you to pay him to put the parts on your car you want.

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is a Chevron in your town that carries E85.

You might think about doing your own work and getting a different tuner if you have to convince him to allow you to pay him to put the parts on your car you want.

There is a 76 station 20 miles away that carries both e85 and 100 race fuel on the pump. Did not know that. Opens some options, but 40 mile round trip for gas would be a BITCH, to put it lightly. A drum would work, but apartment living.

I'd love to do at least some of my own work, but again, live in an apartment.

I don't blame my guy completely, he wasn't even aware of DOB until I mentioned it. He is VERY interested in the GT450 manifold, but is a KB guy. Can't knock him for brand loyalty. He did take the time to read the article posted about PD on the 3V. His response, "seems legit, will a KB fit on that manifold?" LOL

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score

This what I was thinking, LOL!!!!^^^^^

Don't YOU pay HIM to work on your car Candy10?:whistle1:

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
They're good people at GTR, just trying to push what they carry. I feel like introducing them to the DOB stuff may be an eye opener. My boy did take the time to read the write-up on dob.com, and is very interested in the GT450.

Back