C&L intake manifold update! They are almost ready!!

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
kool deal billy but the only thing i don't like is they tested it with all the extra stuff added to it besides the intake ie. single blade and deletes for a " real comparison they should have tuned it beforehand with the singleblade and deletes then slapped on the intake jmo but hell 60-80 hp sounds good to me now we just have to do a " real " test and see what it does make .......... i nominate you bro lmao

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure... IF it was something vendors felt comfortable selling and not getting burned (and having to eat), they would have long been out by now....:idea:

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
One thing is for sure... IF it was something vendors felt comfortable selling and not getting burned (and having to eat), they would have long been out by now....:idea:

Perhaps, but a lot of work goes into properly designing and testing an intake manifold, especially for an engine as complicated as the 3V. Three years is a hell of a long time, but C&L isn't a major manufacturer like Edelbrock or Holly. Add to that, C&L has apparently sold the exclusive on their intake to MM&FF, so that is also delaying things.

In the end, we'll see, if it's mostly worthless we'll know pretty quick.
Dan

Steps

forum member
Reaction score
The Obamony is not helping the vendors either. I am sure they are struggling with everyone else which makes it hard for them to justify the costs of testing, etc.

myystanng

forum member
Reaction score
yeap but the #'s are std. You should try putting much more timming to see. IMHO if you put the UDP (jim III has them for $100 right now for sale) you should be in the 320 range or so

Do the Steeda UDP mess with your voltage, stereo and AC??
What is the best brand? I had a set on my 96 ( don't rember the brand and they were horrible. Car over heated, lights dimmed at night, ect.

Is there a set that does not have these effects on our car?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
kool deal billy but the only thing i don't like is they tested it with all the extra stuff added to it besides the intake ie. single blade and deletes for a " real comparison they should have tuned it beforehand with the singleblade and deletes then slapped on the intake jmo but hell 60-80 hp sounds good to me now we just have to do a " real " test and see what it does make .......... i nominate you bro lmao
I wish I had one tomarrow for my tune on Mon. but that wont happen . The guys that did these tests stated on another forum that they didnt have the dyno time or money to do all the tests that everyone wants like everyone thinks the shops should do.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I wish I had one tomarrow for my tune on Mon. but that wont happen . The guys that did these tests stated on another forum that they didnt have the dyno time or money to do all the tests that everyone wants like everyone thinks the shops should do.

oh no doubt for every hour on the dyno testing these they could be doing tunes at 2-300 an hour among other stuff , this was on my list of things to do but now that the motor popped and i kinda went a lil balls out with it i got bigger fish to fly like a stock tranny and rear end lmao

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh no doubt for every hour on the dyno testing these they could be doing tunes at 2-300 an hour among other stuff , this was on my list of things to do but now that the motor popped and i kinda went a lil balls out with it i got bigger fish to fly like a stock tranny and rear end lmao

...fly?!?! Is that ricer for fry?? ... would explain the turbo and... :LMAO:

On a serious note... stock tranny and rear end... did you visit New Orleans, get too drunk, and wonder past Tropical Isle; again... ...and 'like' it?:LMAO:

Again... fly?!?!?

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
...fly?!?! Is that ricer for fry?? ... would explain the turbo and... :LMAO:

On a serious note... stock tranny and rear end... did you visit New Orleans, get too drunk, and wonder past Tropical Isle; again... ...and 'like' it?:LMAO:

Again... fly?!?!?

lmao :321: shoot me it was at 3 in the morning

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, that puppy would look REAL nice with some stainless tubing sticking out of it.

Double nice if properly plumbed for nitrous through those nice ports at the top of each runner.

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Where in the world do you get off saying something like that? :321:

It's terrible a company try's to R&D something and they get flamed for it.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Where in the world do you get off saying something like that? :321:

It's terrible a company try's to R&D something and they get flamed for it.

Are you kidding me? C&L sold the rights to the results to a fucking magazine company. I don't consider that R&D. I call that greed. Get out of here ... :tdown:

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? C&L sold the rights to the results to a fucking magazine company. I don't consider that R&D. I call that greed. Get out of here ... :tdown:

After 3 years of messing with it, I think they reserve the right to do with it as they please. Do I agree with it? NO. I'll probably still end up with one of these on my car though.

And oh my, it's absolutely terrible they wanted to get some free advertising. Look at movies lately with product placements and see how much $$ FOMOCO has in it, C&L is getting the better end of the deal here.

GI Joe

Reaction score
I hope it works...its fucking ugly.

I'm putting Justins intake on my car.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I hope it works...its fucking ugly.

I'm putting Justins intake on my car.

No kidding. I can't believe they couldn't of made something that looked better ... especially after how long it took them to make it. Justin's intake looks ten fold better.

o0Dan0o

forum member
Reaction score
I think it looks fine, what's a pretty intake manifold anyway? If it makes power I could care less how it looks.
Dan

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back