China Freight DA + BlackFire = POP!!!!

28ONE

Reaction score
Yes, it's a flex backing plate.

I use the CG: Pad Cleaner

The bp is so expensive. I usually put them in the bucket but looking for an easier quicker solution. The bucket is cool but man $120 ouch! Do you have to rinse the pad after using pad cleaner?

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
The bp is so expensive. I usually put them in the bucket but looking for an easier quicker solution. The bucket is cool but man $120 ouch! Do you have to rinse the pad after using pad cleaner?

I use water from my sink after letting it sit for 15-20 mins

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I'll still take my flex 3401 over a no name any day of the week. I don't care if it was free, that thing is not coming near my paint.

Yea cause we ALL know its the BRAND of DA that gives you a Ferrari shine on your Mustang.

Wow. Just wow.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
The one thing that is nice about the more expensive DAs is that they don't bog down like the cheaper ones do. You can use alot more pressure with them which cuts faster. They speed up the process.

Flex, Griots, Meguiars, Rupes, etc make good DAs

28ONE

Reaction score
Darren does keep his paint quite shiny though! How many miles on the clock Darren?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Yea cause we ALL know its the BRAND of DA that gives you a Ferrari shine on your Mustang.

Wow. Just wow.

It's actually the Harbor Freight DA doesn't do the OPM's of a PC or a Flex, hence it won't give as good of a correction.

I believe HF now finally released a new DA to fix this issue within the last month.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
I was merely replying to the "ain't coming near my paint" remark.

If somebody used a DA alot and/or needed alot of paint correction naturally spend the money on a more reputable brand.

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
It's actually the Harbor Freight DA doesn't do the OPM's of a PC or a Flex, hence it won't give as good of a correction.

I believe HF now finally released a new DA to fix this issue within the last month.

The Harbor Freight only Oscilates about 2/3 that of the Flex..... 6600 vs 9000 or so....

Just have to spend 50% longer on an area that's all ;)

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
The Harbor Freight only Oscilates about 2/3 that of the Flex..... 6600 vs 9000 or so....

Just have to spend 50% longer on an area that's all ;)

time is money, and the hf da wrecks your hands vs a flex :D

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
to me shiny is shiny, sorry paint freaks :roflmao:
Mofos are all the way down to oscillations per minute, holy shit.
So it's not going to get shiny enough lol

WILECYOT

forum member
Reaction score
to me shiny is shiny, sorry paint freaks :roflmao:
Mofos are all the way down to oscillations per minute, holy shit.
So it's not going to get shiny enough lol

That was Seer getting into the OPM. The reason this is important to him is because he runs a business detailing cars. When you can cut time simply by using a different piece of equipment that equates into reduced cost which in turn leads to increased profits. To him this is important. To me I didn't want to spend the initial money getting the buffer when I'm only going to use it a few times a year where as he will also use it pretty much daily. He can warrant the higher expense where as I cannot.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I guess if it gets the job done quicker, but I doubt anybody will ever hear "hey man, looks like you were using 3000 opm's instead of 9000 opm's on that paint"... no all you will hear is WOW that looks great! It's shiny, it's clean etc...

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Lol!!!!
1370990206_zps37b28f69.png

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back