Clutch problems

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
That one to me seems longer than the one that I just sent steve! Fudge, why didn't I take a picture of it.

Cobra, you got to upgrade that keyboard LMAO

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
If there's a tag on the trans I can tell you what year it is specifically. But both year 6060's are physically the same on the outside so both slaves will work. I think it has more to do with what clutch you're using, and if one slave has a longer throw than the other.

To be honest, I think the AR3Z slave is the latest and greatest, and is probably the one you should be using.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats the one I have in the car now. The one in the pic on my trans definetly looks shorter so that would be the newer one. Based on that, do you think thats a 2010 6060 that I got? And i need a 2010 slave?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If there's a tag on the trans I can tell you what year it is specifically. But both year 6060's are physically the same on the outside so both slaves will work. I think it has more to do with what clutch you're using, and if one slave has a longer throw than the other.

To be honest, I think the AR3Z slave is the latest and greatest, and is probably the one you should be using.

I have the 26spline mcleod RST and a 99-04 flywheel (fidanza) to rule out the flywheel I orderd a mcleod flywheel that is for 99-2010 for use with the rst. Same setup BruceH has on his 6060 swap(mcleod rst and mcleod flywheel)

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I didn't read the tsb in it entirity, but doesn't it say to change out a lot of stuff. Like is the clutch and the flywheels the same?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Yeah thats the one I have in the car now. The one in the pic on my trans definetly looks shorter so that would be the newer one. Based on that, do you think thats a 2010 6060 that I got? And i need a 2010 slave?

I think you need a 2010 slave regardless of what year trans it is. The slave on your trans in that pic does appear to be the newer style.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Makes sense well guess I will be ordering a 2010 slave to rule this out as well.

Do you see any issue with my clutch setup? The gt500 have twins from the factory already.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Makes sense well guess I will be ordering a 2010 slave to rule this out as well.

Do you see any issue with my clutch setup? The gt500 have twins from the factory already.

The RST and '10 GT500 clutch are very similar. This is also why I think you need the newer slave. Do you not still have the slave that came with your trans?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Nope, thats the one that Steve Poe has now that is different from the one he previously had.

I was going to use it becuase I got Lightblades old RST/flywheel/the slave that came with it. I decided I'd just get a new one instead of the used one.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
wait hold up; someone catch me up here. I am doing the 6060 swap now, with a rst clutch and mcleod flywheel. Do I need to get a newer style slave too? I am soo lost right now. Damn ford and these hydraulic slaves. not trying to thread jack I am just thinking out loud.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Red, well the deal is: Lightblade got a 6060 new take off trans with a slave on it, pic up a few posts. He took the clutch slave off and sent it to me along with his rst&flywheel for his old 3650. He got a new clutch slave cylinder that may have been the older version 07-09 style. There was a TSB out for those model gt500's for replacing the clutch slave with the new style. We are thinking that Jermey took off the used new version slave that came with it and put on the brand new old version. This may have caused some of his issues.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wait hold up; someone catch me up here. I am doing the 6060 swap now, with a rst clutch and mcleod flywheel. Do I need to get a newer style slave too? I am soo lost right now. Damn ford and these hydraulic slaves. not trying to thread jack I am just thinking out loud.

I'm lost too lol. Not sure exactly what the problem is, still trying to figure it out. Unfortunately its guess and check really.

Like Jason said, I think i got a 2010 6060 vice an 08 like the paper work said. So maybe part of the problem is not using the newer style slave.
But then again that doesnt make alot of sense either since the 07-09 6060 call for a new slave to help with the tsb, so they are really interchangable like 93cobra said.
Maybe I just got a bad slave from the get go and alot of air in the system initialy caused it fail quickly. Fuck if I know lol

I have a 99-04 fidanza steel flywheel which works better with the rst. But to rule out the flywheel, I ordered a mcleod flywheel, But not sure that is the issue either since when i called mcleod the part number they told me is for 99-10 modular 4.6/5.4.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cant you figure out what transmission it is with a casting number?

It looks like it really doesnt matter, there is no physical difference between the 07-09 6060 and the 2010 6060, only difference is the 2010 has taller overdrive 5th and 6th gears, so the only difference is internal.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh ok my fault i misread 19cobra93's post. Man i hope you get it figured out.

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Man good luck, my 6060 gets here monday from liberty. Its got the updated 5th and 6th but its a rebuilt tranny from 09-07. I guess I will hold up and see what happens to you before I finish my swap. Keep us posted.:dunce:<me right now.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Will do. Unfortunately if when/its works I wont really know what fixed it lol

But I will post up the setup.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back