Coyote Swappers using FRPP Control Pack

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
I've got my 4.6L out of my 2009 GT and the 2016 coyote crate itching to drop in. I'm taking my time and still have a handful of swap parts on order before I can move too far ahead, I have a few wiring questions. The new FRPP control pack (M-6017-504V) is lacking a pin-out of the 2 ECM connectors making it a bit tricky to figure out where various devices need to be routed.

What may be a stupid/obvious question that I have likely failed to read the few dozen times I went through the various build threads is this:

Can/should I keep the existing PCM in addition to the Control Pack for running some of the non-engine systems in the car that currently route through the existing PCM? (i.e. Anti-theft system, reverse lamps, AC, turn signals, supplemental restraint, etc)?

Thanks,
Austin

Nutter281

forum member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with FRPP Tech support - right away they are extremely adamant that coyote swaps are for street rods only and don't support them in S197s. Clearly there are people on this forum who have accomplished the goal without giving up all of the S197 creature comforts so the FRPP statement is more about "we don't want to spend a dime researching it, so will tell you No because it is easier". My company would have gone under a long time ago if we ever took that position but whatevs, here we are.

The 504V Control pack has a AC pressure and clutch field connectors, but FRPP is convinced the Control Pack can never, under any circumstances control an AC. They are updating the control pack now to remove the connector.

All that said, it sounds like I will want to keep my existing PCM in place to control every non-engine entity within the car.

My question is this: Will having the 2009 PCM and the Control Pack ECU on the same CAN Bus create a conflict? Are they the same Device Type and ID?

Austin

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back