Detailing Questions-Answered

Discussion in 'Keeping it Clean' started by DKS, Aug 11, 2010.

1. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

Same here, membership pays for itself after on order...Forced rotation on the Flex definitely speeds things up...

2. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

Whats the best on the market now wheel sealant?

3. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

I use PBL wheel coating, makes cleaning a breeze. I don't use any special wheel cleaner, just rinse with water and dry. I also use an IPA/dawn mix in between washes to do touch up. As for sealants, Poorboys is good and so is jet seal 109. Hope this helps...

4. Bullitt 3309

Bullitt 3309 forum member

James, I can send you a "sample" of the jetseal, got some on my last order. I need to find a bottle to transfer some. Free of course...:thumb2:

5. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

After looking at your wheels, I would definitely put a coating.

Another great solution, free!

6. Bullitt 3309

Bullitt 3309 forum member

I have an assortment of product, so helping a brother out wont kill me... To date I have Menzerna Power Lock, JetSeal 109, Opti-seal, Opti-Coat, CarPro Hydro2, Wolfgang and some other stuff.... I need help...:crazy:

7. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

I'm right their with ya :crazy:

Old stuff:

Attached Files:

8. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

Thanks Lance. This gravel road and then the dust from work is killing all my attempts to keep her clean.

9. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

If using jetseal put at least two coats

10. mikeysgt

mikeysgt forum member

Im going to buy a plastic tub for all my stuff now after seeing your pic. I still have it all in 3 cardboard boxes that they all came in.

I keep them indoors. Should I still do that or is the garage ok since it gets cold and hot during the year??

11. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

I think you'll be fine with everything in the garage. I do however keep the high dollar stuff inside (Pinnacle Black Label coatings, Blackfire BlackICE, Wolfgang Concours Kit, & CG Black). I definitely would check the products every once in a while and give them a shake. I did hear someone had issues with Lava or Black, fungus growing! We don't have to worry about super hot or freezing cold here in Cali...hows the ride looking?

12. mikeysgt

mikeysgt forum member

Car still looks good. We had a 2 days very windy and dusty here this past week. Got the car dirty, but noticed not a lot of the dust stuck on the car after driving it. Only place you can really tell is on my door where I put my hands on it to close it. Gonna wash it again in a bit and put some more v07 on it.

Plan on working on my wifes lexus tomorrow. 2 months old. I plan on using the clay bar, coat of 205 with the pc, blacklight, then lava and v07.

13. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

Don't u have Blacklight?

14. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

Oops Nevermind...

15. mikeysgt

mikeysgt forum member

Yeah.

16. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

Too bad we weren't neighbors, I have a bunch of stuff you could try

17. mikeysgt

mikeysgt forum member

Yeah man. I caught the detailing bug haha. I'll build up my inventory little by little

18. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

You're gonna end up with a plastic tub like I have lol

19. 00blkvert

00blkvert forum member

Anykind of synthetic sealent will hold up fine. Something for ease of use kinda pricey but takes 2 minutes after a wash would be hydro2

For small sample size bottles walmart had them in their hygiene section for the travel size stuff area.

Here's my collection this is from about 4 months ago and have added to since. :facepalm

[​IMG]

20. 28ONE

28ONE Senior Member

I think we're all in need of help lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.