Detailing Questions-Answered

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
For a polish line I really like menzerna but I also like HD cut and polish and have read great things about HD adapt. For another wax you could look at zymol Glasur it's an amazing wax Amazon and ebay eill have it cheapest the next wax im going to get is Auto Finesse Illusion.

I usually shop at autoality and detailersdomain

^this once you get to into it you don't want to hide anything anymore.

Zymol has a good selection for all price ranges like Carbon hits a lower budget. I'm looking at Illusion because I've heard it is a very oily wax and I would thing it would give a black car an extremely wet look.

Fg400 is awesome for one stepping and I like sf4500 but i'm hooked on HD right now and HD polish finishes down amazingly

Yeah Glasur has that oily texture as well and the gloss and wet finish is very good. I've yet to try Carbon or Illusion.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
^this once you get to into it you don't want to hide anything anymore.

Zymol has a good selection for all price ranges like Carbon hits a lower budget. I'm looking at Illusion because I've heard it is a very oily wax and I would thing it would give a black car an extremely wet look.

Fg400 is awesome for one stepping and I like sf4500 but i'm hooked on HD right now and HD polish finishes down amazingly

I am thinking about ordering HD Speed, Uno and maybe Cut or Polish.....Going to do some more reading on them then place an order. Is there a chart or something like that for the HD line showing which are more aggressive and which are more of a finishing product?

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking about ordering HD Speed, Uno and maybe Cut or Polish.....Going to do some more reading on them then place an order. Is there a chart or something like that for the HD line showing which are more aggressive and which are more of a finishing product?

I haven't seen a chart anywhere but I wouldn't both with uno I think they are doing away with that. I'd go with adapt. I haven't used but based on what ive seen and heard from others it's really good. Ill post the pictures that I've seen when I get home of adapt.

Cut is their compound and polish of course their polish but I see speed being less then a true polish and adapt between polish and cutting wise. I've only used cut and polish another big thing is theu are extremely low dust.

Also, any personal experience with HD speed? Might be a good go to for an AIO. Thanks!

I haven't used it but I don't have a need for an AIO. I still like applying wax or SPNS depending on the season.

If I get time monday ill do the bed of my DD with cut and polish to show you guys a 50/50.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
^ Appreciate the info.

They give a brief saying as to what level they are in their description but a more in depth report would be nice, I will post it if I find anything. Thanks for the heads up on Uno, I will scratch that one from the list.

I am thinking speed might be nice for a customers car that has already been corrected and just needs maintenance and a new coat of protection.

Last edited:

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
^ Appreciate the info.

They give a brief saying as to what level they are in their description but a more in depth report would be nice, I will post it if I find anything. Thanks for the heads up on Uno, I will scratch that one from the list.

I am thinking speed might be nice for a customers car that has already been corrected and just needs maintenance and a new coat of protection.

No problem. I see speed being a good product its just not my think. I plan on getting more of their other products when I begin to run out.

How do you guys wash/clean these types of applicator pads? I dont want to mix up the one I used for leather conditioner and the interior plastic dressing. Just toss them in the washer?
http://www.chemicalguys.com/Chemical_Guys_ACC_J05_Premium_Applicator_p/acc_j05.htm

I usually have 1 for each task but I don't see any issues with tossing them in with your mf towels.

28ONE

Reaction score
Some new stuff...

Attachments

• 800_photo (6).jpg
    800_photo (6).jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 800_photo (7).jpg
    800_photo (7).jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 17
  • photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 18

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
Nice order. Let me know how you like that new rupes I was pretty curius but that cost puts me in the flex range and ill keep my GG with a 3" set up

28ONE

Reaction score
It is expensive, especially for a mini polisher! Definitely keep my fellow detailer's up to date with this bad boy...

5.0 Probie

forum member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the report on that Rupes... I am still hunting for a polisher or two now that I have stocked up my supplies... All I need now is a polisher and I am set... I keep reading and looking around... But am undecided...

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
It really just comes down to how much you are willing to spend. Porter Cable, Rupes, they will all do the job great.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
It really just comes down to how much you are willing to spend. Porter Cable, Rupes, they will all do the job great.

I think technique makes a huge difference but I put the PC, Griots, and similar style in one category but I would put a Flex and Rupes one step up they do have advantages of a regular DA like a PC.

Once you start its hard to stop lol!
This is true. I spent a few hundred when I started and was happy and since i've spent hundreds and hundreds more lol

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Shit, I barely used the pc this past weekend and now I'm hooked haha. I'm looking at advantages of getting a flex now.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
A Flex and Rupes defiantly have their advantages but I'm rocking a Griots now and it works perfect for me. If I was doing this for a business I would defiantly jump up to a Flex and keep my Griots with a 3" pad setup.

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up my Flex 3401 thru the Detailers Club (awesome price). It is such a beast, it takes me less time to correct. That is worth the expense to me. I still rock the PC for tight spaces and for using the nanoskin claying pad. I also have the GG 3in DA Buffer as well. You can get by with a PC for yourself, but if you want to branch out and do other cars, the flex is a time saver.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back