** Dyno Day April 7th @ Henson Performance Birmingham, AL **

silver rhyno

forum member
Reaction score
I made 395hp and 475ftlbs on a 100 shot...it was great meeting everyone..I had a great time..and got to see some really nice rides..

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
good to meet you all again...Thanks Tiger for coming down and thanks for the kind words...

Sadly my old stang didn't do what I was expected...The intake is just horrible on these blowers...the inlet is small as well as the intake tubing. From 16psi on 93 pump to 21psi w/ c12, only about 50hp more was made. It just doesnt have the breathing it needs. This motor is begging for either the ST inlet/intake pipe or KB4.2

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
good to meet you all again...Thanks Tiger for coming down and thanks for the kind words...

Sadly my old stang didn't do what I was expected...The intake is just horrible on these blowers...the inlet is small as well as the intake tubing. From 16psi on 93 pump to 21psi w/ c12, only about 50hp more was made. It just doesnt have the breathing it needs. This motor is begging for either the ST inlet/intake pipe or KB4.2

A KB4.2.... killing me... lol...

Been looking a 4v motors and 4.0 blowers all day... lol.

2012-Ford-Mustang-Cobra-Jet-Engine-View-1.jpg

Last edited:

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
well its all what Matt wants...I think he's happy with it though...Me on the other hand, very disappointed. Too much time and money went into it to only make 622hp. Stupid small blowers lol

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
well its all what Matt wants...I think he's happy with it though...Me on the other hand, very disappointed. Too much time and money went into it to only make 622hp. Stupid small blowers lol

Yeah, true... I would have thought it would had more.

I think he will be done with it for awhile to be honest.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Brandon,

I'm glad we got to meet you in person before you take off to the "Coast Guard".

I know you sold your Mustang but still to me you certainly did an Awesome Machine before you sold it to Matt.

That is one Bad-Ass Mustang and I luv the way it sounds.

Terry

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
FYI, (Joe) I just called Matt. I wonder if the crappy intake "dryer vent" tube was actually collapsing under boost. That would explain why it was starving for air and not picking up that much power. I told him if he did nothing else, I would get a full metal tube intake made. I would go ahead and get a 4" pipe than my buddy was going to make. That way we know for sure it will not collapse. If it is collapsing, it will not be good for the motor so that issue needs to be addressed.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
FYI, (Joe) I just called Matt. I wonder if the crappy intake "dryer vent" tube was actually collapsing under boost. That would explain why it was starving for air and not picking up that much power. I told him if he did nothing else, I would get a full metal tube intake made. I would go ahead and get a 4" pipe than my buddy was going to make. That way we know for sure it will not collapse. If it is collapsing, it will not be good for the motor so that issue needs to be addressed.

Yeah, something was going on with it I know that. Not much horspower difference from 16 to 22lbs of boost. Hopefully he will pickup a metal tube and maybe sort out the problem again on the dyno.

But to be honest, I would be surprised if he ever runs the car again on the dyno... lol. He seems pretty content with the way it sits. The whole time he was ready to just call it and stop pulling on it. I really think he would not even ran the smaller pulley and race gas to be honest.

Last edited:

waldogt07

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I couldn't make it over there on Saturday....I have to work until 4....and as soon as I got off work I rushed to go and get the car and get down to Alabaster to the cruise in.....It was great to finally meet you guys and put a name with a face......I will be down there on Saturday the 14th at the Autauga-Elmore Car show down there......So if you can come by.....It is in Millbrook at the Food Outlet or what ever that is....Its a little plaza with a grocery store there....

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry guys I couldn't make it over there on Saturday....I have to work until 4....and as soon as I got off work I rushed to go and get the car and get down to Alabaster to the cruise in.....It was great to finally meet you guys and put a name with a face......I will be down there on Saturday the 14th at the Autauga-Elmore Car show down there......So if you can come by.....It is in Millbrook at the Food Outlet or what ever that is....Its a little plaza with a grocery store there....

No problem, was cool to meet you also.

Wish I could make it. But my car is in the shop getting the cold start worked on this week.
If it was not for that I would be there.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, something was going on with it I know that. Not much horspower difference from 16 to 22lbs of boost. Hopefully he will pickup a metal tube and maybe sort out the problem again on the dyno.

But to be honest, I would be surprised if he ever runs the car again on the dyno... lol. He seems pretty content with the way it sits. The whole time he was ready to just call it and stop pulling on it. I really think he would not even ran the smaller pulley and race gas to be honest.
Joe & Brandon,

The whole time he was ready to just call it and stop pulling on it. I really think he would not even ran the smaller pulley and race gas to be honest.

I Agree .........

Matt when I was watching him seemed to be very nervous watching all that take place.

My thinking is Matt will have the larger pulley and 93 octane tune and that will be it.

Terry

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Joe & Brandon,

I Agree .........

Matt when I was watching him seemed to be very nervous watching all that take place.

My thinking is Matt will have the larger pulley and 93 octane tune and that will be it.

Terry

Yep, he has been driving the car and seems to be enjoying every minute of it.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
^I'm not going to be able to log in anymore b/c thats all Im going to hear! lol

Its bad enough I have to drive by his house twice a day...and my heart stops when I see it not in the drive way...lol

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
^I'm not going to be able to log in anymore b/c thats all Im going to hear! lol

Its bad enough I have to drive by his house twice a day...and my heart stops when I see it not in the drive way...lol

You poor guy, I told you should havent sold it.... That you would regret it later.

He was telling me last night how nice it was and how well it was running.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
I had no way around it...You know the CG is now making me sell the house...

I talked to Dave and he said that it's actually been in the books forever. Going in you can not have over 30% debt to income. If they need people, they can disregard it to get people in. However, when the economy goes down and military starts getting alot of applicants, they enforce it.

So here I go selling everything off :/

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
I had no way around it...You know the CG is now making me sell the house...

I talked to Dave and he said that it's actually been in the books forever. Going in you can not have over 30% debt to income. If they need people, they can disregard it to get people in. However, when the economy goes down and military starts getting alot of applicants, they enforce it.

So here I go selling everything off :/

I know, I know... Just thought some better options would be to stay where you are at around family and friends. Get a roomate and start looking for a better job. There are jobs here to be had, just takes some time to get in some places. The CG pays for shit to be honest starting out, plus now you will have to start over from scratch.

My wife has a masters degree and for some reason she just thought jobs and money was just going to fall at her feet when she finshed school. Not true at all. She had to start in job that she was under quailfied for just to get in to move up. Now near 5 years later she is starting to make some money and has moved up.

Just opinion... everybody has one to be honest. I think you might be in for whole lot more than you think.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know, I know... Just thought some better options would be to stay where you are at around family and friends. Get a roomate and start looking for a better job. There are jobs here to be had, just takes some time to get in some places. The CG pays for shit to be honest starting out, plus now you will have to start over from scratch.

My wife has a masters degree and for some reason she just thought jobs and money was just going to fall at her feet when she finished school. Not true at all. She had to start in job that she was under qualified for just to get in to move up. Now near 5 years later she is starting to make some money and has moved up.

Just opinion... everybody has one to be honest. I think you might be in for whole lot more than you think.
^^^^ I-Agree !!!

My wife has her Masters, and a CPA plus working for many-many years and finally is making some Money, finally.
Certainly not getting rich but doing OK.

I wish Brandon and I had been closer Buddies as I would have had to stuck my {Advise} in there.

Man I would hate to start all over gain even at Brandon's age.

I certainly wish Brandon the very best but wish we could have known one another for a longer time.
I would have tried my best to talk him out of the CG or Military.

It just takes Time & Effort to get to a point in Life where one's income goes up in the Private Sector.

Heck, I would have Sold the House, kept the newly redone Mustang and gotten a Cheap Apt.

Or gotten a Roommate to Help foot the Bill for the House Cost.

I know he really hates seeing his freshly redone Mustang just down the street everyday.

That is a Bummer for sure !!!

Terry

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back