Edelbrock Headers? Anyone w/ Experience?

Walshyboy1220

buyer beware
Reaction score
Hey guys,

When I picked up my 06 GT couple months ago, the guy told me he put on Edelbrock Headers, I asked why he didnt do long tubes, well he said he needed to pass emission and still get power. Understandable since you can still use the stock Cat Pipe

Well what I wanted to know does anybody have any experience with these? I dont feel like doing a header swap if I dont have to because of the tranny getting in the way as well as putting about 800 + labor more in to getting new ones installed

If anyone has these did they see any power increase, or is this just strict exhaust not only?

Heres a link for anyone wondering

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-65052/

stangzilla

forum member
Reaction score
i have no personal experience with these or any other shorties on a S197.
but i haven't heard of any shorties getting any significant performance gains.

deputyperk

forum member
Reaction score
people who say shorties are useless, have never had them. shorties have a tendancy to not have high dyno numbers but have proven to gain 18whp in some parts of the powerband. i have seen it first hand.

i got a pair of shortys for xmas and cant wait to install them

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

When I picked up my 06 GT couple months ago, the guy told me he put on Edelbrock Headers, I asked why he didnt do long tubes, well he said he needed to pass emission and still get power. Understandable since you can still use the stock Cat Pipe

Well what I wanted to know does anybody have any experience with these? I dont feel like doing a header swap if I dont have to because of the tranny getting in the way as well as putting about 800 + labor more in to getting new ones installed

If anyone has these did they see any power increase, or is this just strict exhaust not only?

Heres a link for anyone wondering

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-65052/

at this point I'm calling this Mustang Chat. (I look forwards to your install thread in tech soon) :clap:

Moved to Mustang Chat

Walshyboy1220

buyer beware
Reaction score
^ Thank you GIG, I didnt not know where to post it. I assumed tech because it was about parts but was mistaken. But I look forward to dyno results!

The Edelbrock shorties came with the car when I bought it. There only 1 5/8, not 3/4. Is there a big difference there?

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
I had shorties on my '07. From my experience in order to get a noticeable amount of power from them you must run a high flow or an off road x-pipe with a tune designed for it or you will lose a lot on the low end. I've been down that road. I've also never ran across a 1 3/4" shortie. Many LT's are 1 5/8" too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back