FRPP Intake and a GT500 throttle body

saleen07gt

forum member
Reaction score
My FRPP intake finally came in and I want to put a GT500 tb on it before I put a tune on it . Will the GT500 tb bolt on without a spacer or is the spacer required or a modification necessary ? Also, Who has the best price on the GT500 tb ?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
I believe it should bolt right up...

Casey4s

forum member
Reaction score
The GT500 TB is what I installed on my 05 Gt stock manifold. No spacer needed and the 60mm butterflies clear the manifold opening with no problem. You will need to spend about 20-30 minutes elongating the mounting holes (with a rat tail file) about 3/16" to eliminate the need for a spacer.

The opening for the GT500 TB is a larger 5" compared to the 4.5" stock size. For some CAIs this may cause a fitment problem. My K&N coupler would not fit and I had to fabricate something. A few weeks later I installed a JLT and that coupler fit with a little elbow grease.

CJ Pony Parts has the GT500 TB for $129 (free shipping) but they run it on sale for $119 from time to time. http://www.cjponyparts.com/product.asp?pn=TB100

010.jpg

018.jpg

You can see the difference in the size of the TB mouths the GT500 is 5" dia and the stock TB is 4.5" dia.

005.jpg

Last edited:

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
sorry to get a little off topic, but this thread is current. is this a better alternative on a FI motor than the frpp throttlebody

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
will it provide gains on a forced induction motor while making the time, energy, and money worthwhile? or is there amother significantly better option worth looking at
Anything that will allow your forced induction engine to breathe more and breathe easier will net more power. Are there better options than a GT500 TB? Yes, are they more expensive? Yes. Will you make more power with a GT500 TB? Yes.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
BBK's are not more expensive than the GT 500 TB's and they are bigger..win on both!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
BBK's are not more expensive than the GT 500 TB's and they are bigger..win on both!

The only BBK throttle body I see is $300 and it doesn't even include electronics. Is there another cheaper one that I don't know about?

You can get a brand new GT500 throttle body for $130. And it includes all electronics. Considering the price, and that it's complete, nothing else comes close.

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Need the adapter plate don't you? A BBK with electronics just sold on here for $115 shipped.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back