Horrible experience w Adam @ STMotorsports

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
So I finally finished building my car and took it to Adam at ST Motorsports on the 10th of January for a tuning appointment at 9am. I was recommended to go to Adam from countless mustang owners and figured for $450 for a dyno tune I can't go wrong...boy was I wrong

Adam shows up at about 10am and proceeds to spend the next hour or so talking on the phone etc. something I expected as he is the shop manager.

Cut to 4:30 an my car is finally on the dyno and Adam is actually in the car doing stuff.

I ended up having two defective spark plugs (they were brand new) and they replaced them which slowed them down a bit but nothing terrible.

By 6:30 the car wasn't done because Adam kept dicking around all day and I even caught him ordering 45 ammo off CL while inside my car "tuning" to be delivered to the shop, then i saw the guy deliver the ammo around 6. By the end of the day the car put down 530rwhp w out methanol and without the final adjustments but overall it was running well and should have been near completion.

When i brought the car on the 10th I had towed the car out there on a flat bed trailer and asked Adam if it was ok to leave it there figuring I would be back by Friday or Saturday. The trailer was locked up and left in their locked parking lot.

Now it's the 21st and after dozens and dozens of unanswered phone calls and voicemails I left at the shop I finally get word this morning my car should "hopefully" be done today or tomorrow.

I asked John to make sure my trailer was still there considering it's been like 3 weeks...and of course it's not...

So not only is my car not done after 2.5 weeks, my $5000 car trailer was stolen.

I am on my way now to San bernadino (2 hr drive) to file a police report and talk to Adam.

I asked my lawyer friend if Adam holds any responsibility and he said that Adam is responsible and that his insurance should cover the loss.

I hope for my sake this is true because it was my dads best friends trailer and I don't have the money to buy a replacement.

Ill keep you guys updated as to the situation but needless to say I won't be recommending him to anyone and if he doesn't make this situation right I will be contacting my friend at the California Bureau of automotive repair to force him to.

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is pretty shabby treatment. I have to say I would never leave a trailer not my own, somewhere strange. Good luck with the mess.

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That sucks what your pops has to go through now... Good luck...

Last edited:

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
Just filed the police report...

Bout to go talk with Adam and see what he has to say for himself

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Not to defend Adam at all, but while tuning, there are some "downtimes" while you're waiting for a tune to load, or program to load. So it wouldn't be unusual to see someone surfing the net and possibly ordering something while waiting for things to load.

Hopefully you get things squared away.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not to defend Adam at all, but while tuning, there are some "downtimes" while you're waiting for a tune to load, or program to load. So it wouldn't be unusual to see someone surfing the net and possibly ordering something while waiting for things to load.

Hopefully you get things squared away.

true, but it's now nearly 3 weeks later....

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
Wow sorry to hear that Charlie....hope you'll figure this out quick. So how is the car now? Is it worth 3 weeks?
I guess if he didn't answer it's because of trailer....didn't know how to tell you.
Post dyno numbers!

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Wow.........:thud: I am definitely sorry to hear all this.

R u sure SD Wheeler doesn't work for Adam????:popcorneat:

SD07GT

forum member
Reaction score
Basically St motorsports is a big pos ! Nothing like it was years ago ....If you want things done correctly and on time Greg at RET is now the man !

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
If Adam doesn't finish my car by tomorrow I'm not paying him shit and I'm taking my car to RET they said they could get me in tomorrow and would be no problem to tune it

Also Adam didnt have anything to say other than sorry...he's not even going to finish the car today and who knows if he will do anything tomorrow either...

Last edited:

cwhit23

forum member
Reaction score
Thats shitty, though I am with Weatherman I wouldn't leave a trailer anywhere. Too easy to steal and resell. However, that is pure shit about the tune and the trailer either way. I'd go get my car and tell him to suck it.

Last edited:

08Eleanor

08Eleanor
Reaction score
The trailer was stolen this weekend according to him which means the trailer survived for 2 weeks in San bernadino and if he had just finished my car on time it probably wouldn't have been stolen...

If I didn't have class 5 days a week and if they were open on the weekend I would have gone out and gotten the trailer but I thought it would be ok if I locked the tongue and it was in his locked parking lot, but I guess not.

I also didn't really have a place to put the trailer at my house as its my dads best friends trailer which also contributed to me making the stupid decision to leave it there...

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Basically St motorsports is a big pos ! Nothing like it was years ago ....If you want things done correctly and on time Greg at RET is now the man !

That guy does some pretty amazing work, and he gets it done in good time too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back