How Much Does It Weigh?

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
$200 bucks a piece for those things is steep probably cost 50 bucks to make material and labor. Rip-off if u ask me $400 bucks to save 20lbs and make your car weaker in a wreck no thanks.

:idea:

Of course! You don't need to put a roof over a business, pay your employees, keep the lights on or pay for any equipment, tools and development..profit FTMFL!!

This stuff is obviously not for a street car..

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
do u guys think the front bumper support is worth it?im about to order atlest the front...

Looks like hes getting it for a street car and i bet 90% of the mustang guys that buy this piece drive their stangs on the street.

I understand it takes money to develop a part and run a business that gets translated into the price, but $200 for 3lbs of aluminum two rods and two end plates welded together just seems excessive to me but hey everyone has their opinion. Its also my opinion that alot of s197 parts are priced higher because simply people will pay it.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever weighed the stock fenders?

Roush makes carbon fiber ones lol

Time to get this thread back in action!

I did notice coil overs will knock some weight off the front :idea:

The front fenders don't weigh much at all. I would have done fiberglass doors already with lexan (stock they weigh 84lbs each), but when I am in the staging lanes I really do need those power windows you know?

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The front fenders don't weigh much at all. I would have done fiberglass doors already with lexan (stock they weigh 84lbs each), but when I am in the staging lanes I really do need those power windows you know?

yea man, its gets hot in the car

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is? the theoretical way the price of goods is supposed to work. Supply and Demand? So a part like this is of realitively low demand, as not many people are buying it so the price shood be alot lower to try and sell more product instead of higher. Most of these parts aren't expensive because there is low supply high demand. Its actually working contrary to the supply and demand theory. There is a metric ton of aftermarket options for any part for a mustang very highy supply and demand so prices should be way lower.

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score
What is? the theoretical way the price of goods is supposed to work. Supply and Demand? So a part like this is of realitively low demand, as not many people are buying it so the price shood be alot lower to try and sell more product instead of higher. Most of these parts aren't expensive because there is low supply high demand. Its actually working contrary to the supply and demand theory. There is a metric ton of aftermarket options for any part for a mustang very highy supply and demand so prices should be way lower.

:deadhorse:

Damn, Just make them yourself If you dont want to pay for them.......... Next you going to argue about the price of Tea in china. can we get back to the orignal discussion?!?!

back on target........... alot of guys have cut the extra bolt threads off of various body bolts to cut some weight.

Last edited:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
So a part like this is of realitively low demand, as not many people are buying it so the price shood be alot lower to try and sell more product instead of higher.

This particular part is a specialty item. Otherwise known as a "niche item". Specialty part = specialty price. As others have stated, if you don't like the price then build one yourself. If you can build it yourself, price it lower while making a profit and can sell it to others then that is called "Capitalism". Be careful though. The current president frowns on such things.

My comment concerning supply and demand was in response to.......
Lightblade said:
Its also my opinion that alot of s197 parts are priced higher because simply people will pay it.

Get it?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This particular part is a specialty item. Otherwise known as a "niche item". Specialty part = specialty price. As others have stated, if you don't like the price then build one yourself. If you can build it yourself, price it lower while making a profit and can sell it to others then that is called "Capitalism". Be careful though. The current president frowns on such things.

Lol very true.

Or I could be like that one company out there not to name names, and buy the part, copy it exactly powdercoat it black and charge more.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
back on target........... alot of guys have cut the extra bolt threads off of various body bolts to cut some weight.

I was working under my car the other day and was looking at all the excess frame parts and bolts and thinking the same thing. although its maybe a 1lb or 2. Thats like racing on a full stomach or hungry. lol. So we should all binge drink the night before track day puke everything up and be dehydrated thats good for 5 to 7lbs weight reduction hehe.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also my vert has bolt-on subframes im going to take them out and weigh them, and i might remove them before going to the track and put them back on afterwards. Thinking about taking out the evaporator stuff too. not sure yet though.

Last edited:

Lazy Racer

forum member
Reaction score
The problem is the damned car is all one piece, literally weighs a ton and a half, Im think about the whole body package...

http://www.vfnfiberglass.com/2005mustang.htm

I plan on a new motor this winter too so the AC etc all goes but it means jack if you are still haulling a hunk of steel about.

But then you buy this and put all the weight back in via the required new tubular stuff to keep the new body straight. Bound to be back at 1st base again. face it chaps, these cars are heavy... Imagine this thread on a new Challenger forum:LMAO:

"hey, Im going to remove 7 tonnes by tearing the carpet out" :LMAO:

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Fucking sweeeeeeet

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
I was working under my car the other day and was looking at all the excess frame parts and bolts and thinking the same thing. although its maybe a 1lb or 2. Thats like racing on a full stomach or hungry. lol. So we should all binge drink the night before track day puke everything up and be dehydrated thats good for 5 to 7lbs weight reduction hehe.

Yeah.................no, thanks. :thud:

I'll just turn the boost up if I want to go faster.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back