I may have joined the 21st century tonight....

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, think of this product as a new "third" kind of protection available.

For the past 100 years or so, we've had Carnauba Waxes.
For the past 30 years we've had Polymer and Synthetic Sealants.

This shares absolutely zero properties with either. This is a nano particle glass resin. It is applied to a bare surface, and once the particles cure on your paint, it will harden into a quartz layer on your clear coat, with 100% optical clarity at about 10x the thickness of a sealant or wax layer.

They make the 18-24 month claim because it is not a chemical protectant that can be diminished by a high alkaline or high acidic interefence (bird bombs, dish soaps, acid rain etc).

Where do you get this? If you use this do you still have to wax or does this replace waxing?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Where do you get this? If you use this do you still have to wax or does this replace waxing?

It can replace waxing, you can wax on top of it if you want that extra pop, although with its reload spray, it can pop like some high end carnaubas. It most certainly replaces sealants. Autogeek and detailersdomain sell these products. Most people are going towards AQuartz due to its ease of use.

You'd need to buy AQuartz, Iron Cut and Reload Spray

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Adam's has an amazing paste wax called Americana...it's $65 if i'm not mistaken, and comes in a huge container and is amazing...if you really want your baby to shine, put a coat of their Brilliant Glaze on your car and then follow it with the Americana

If someone kicked adams in the nuts, it would give you a nose bleed.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
If someone kicked adams in the nuts, it would give you a nose bleed.

Adams... err chemical guys cough cough :D

Although Americana is a damn good wax for $65. I'd rather have Zymol Titanium though at that price point to be honest.

Pumpkinfish

Johnny Quarter Mile
Reaction score
It can replace waxing, you can wax on top of it if you want that extra pop, although with its reload spray, it can pop like some high end carnaubas. It most certainly replaces sealants. Autogeek and detailersdomain sell these products. Most people are going towards AQuartz due to its ease of use.

You'd need to buy AQuartz, Iron Cut and Reload Spray

Seer can you give a brief write up on how you would do a detailing with these products? I'm curious what is done by hand and what you would use the machine on.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Seer can you give a brief write up on how you would do a detailing with these products? I'm curious what is done by hand and what you would use the machine on.

So let's say you are doing a full detail.

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Iron Cut (Spray it on, wait for it to turn colors (2-3 min) then hose it off)
3. Wash
4. Compounding / Polishing
5. AQuartz (spray 2-3 pumps into a damp MF, apply to car in a 2'x2' section, buff off. Go over area again if needed)

6. Wait a few days, use reload spray (works like a spray wax/sealant)

Use Reload Spray as needed. Bottle says Reload lasts 4 months, I am going to re-apply it once every 6 weeks or so.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am going to buy this and test it out on my wife's DD. Any issue in washing the microfiber towels used to removed the AQuartz or do you toss them?

Thank you for giving us the review and application info on this, I saw it on the Auto-Geek website but felt it sounded too good to be true.

So let's say you are doing a full detail.

1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Iron Cut (Spray it on, wait for it to turn colors (2-3 min) then hose it off)
3. Wash
4. Compounding / Polishing
5. AQuartz (spray 2-3 pumps into a damp MF, apply to car in a 2'x2' section, buff off. Go over area again if needed)

6. Wait a few days, use reload spray (works like a spray wax/sealant)

Use Reload Spray as needed. Bottle says Reload lasts 4 months, I am going to re-apply it once every 6 weeks or so.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Will 2-3 pupms of aquartz be enough for the entire car?
2-3 pumps per 2'x2' section. You get a 40ml spray bottle of it. I was able to do my entire car, all windows, wheels, exhaust tips, trim, and still have about 20% left. Going over most areas twice.

If you watch the video on this link, it will show you the proper application method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgGo-eCov4&feature=player_embedded

my car needs a good wax day. i might grab me a bottle of the aquartz stuff and do it

dont forget the reload spray. Remember, your surface should be pretty well prepped, since applying this type of resin basically locks in whatever condition your surface is in for up to two years.

Ok, I am going to buy this and test it out on my wife's DD. Any issue in washing the microfiber towels used to removed the AQuartz or do you toss them?

Thank you for giving us the review and application info on this, I saw it on the Auto-Geek website but felt it sounded too good to be true.

It's not to good to be true. It's a completely different type of product. Theres also competing products out there. CQuartz, Opti-coat etc.

AQuartz just seems to have the best of all of the categories, ease of use, shine, durability.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Maybe Seer can elaborate more on this.. You really need to take your time with the application. Go very slowly because you can't just touch up spots. Right Seer?

MLC40 asked about the microfibers used for removal of AQuartz. Do you have any problem washing them or do you just toss them? Or dedicate them for only AQuartz removal?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe Seer can elaborate more on this.. You really need to take your time with the application. Go very slowly because you can't just touch up spots. Right Seer?

MLC40 asked about the microfibers used for removal of AQuartz. Do you have any problem washing them or do you just toss them? Or dedicate them for only AQuartz removal?

You can touch up before it fully cures. So you have a 24 hour window. Else, you're buffing that panel because thats about all that can remove the resin.

But during your application stage, it is encouraged by the directional video to go over each area twice (to ensure uniform coverage). If you follow that video to the T, you will have more than enough product to pretty much do an entire Mustangs surface, windows, trim, wheels etc and still have some left over.

I tossed the microfiber towels. I only used 2 towel to apply to the entire car. All you do is keep it damp, spray a few times, spread in your 2'x2' area, then remove immediately. I did use about 4-5 towels in the removal process. The buffing towels I washed. The one I used to apply, got tossed.

I also attached the video on how to apply the resin to the detailing sticky above.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Someone sent me a pm about this, so just a FYI. I do not work in the detailing products industry. I am not paid to endorse any particular product. I am just a hobbyist nut who likes to share what works well for me, as well as the high end detailing world as I frequent their forums daily, as well as talk shop with a lot of the world's greatest detailers and get joy of sharing the information with people.

I do not earn a single penny from recommending products nor do I have any financial ties to any particular brand. Only money I make involving detailing is prepping show cars, and thats just a side gig I do on the weekends.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
I do not earn a single penny from recommending products nor do I have any financial ties to any particular brand. Only money I make involving detailing is prepping show cars, and thats just a side gig I do on the weekends.

Sounds like a pretty good gig to me

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
2-3 pumps per 2'x2' section. You get a 40ml spray bottle of it. I was able to do my entire car, all windows, wheels, exhaust tips, trim, and still have about 20% left. Going over most areas twice.

If you watch the video on this link, it will show you the proper application method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNgGo-eCov4&feature=player_embedded

dont forget the reload spray. Remember, your surface should be pretty well prepped, since applying this type of resin basically locks in whatever condition your surface is in for up to two years.

It's not to good to be true. It's a completely different type of product. Theres also competing products out there. CQuartz, Opti-coat etc.

AQuartz just seems to have the best of all of the categories, ease of use, shine, durability.

i go all out wash, claybar, cleaner wax polish then seal it.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
i go all out wash, claybar, cleaner wax polish then seal it.

You can't really seal over a cleaner wax. Cleaner waxes are Carnauba and Kaolin based.

If you apply a sealant over it, you basically will lose the sealant rather quickly, since sealants need a bare surface to bond to.

Cleaner waxes also do not have abrasives that polish, the Kaolin component is more of a filler.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back