Kentucky BS thread

DWalker

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be in somerset next month as well. I'll be up there next weekend (27th) as well so feel free to hit me up if anybody will be there.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
I don't know why he would need track wheels. He never goes over 2500rpm...

Maybe he's looking for a 20 second timeslip LoL. I don't know how it slipped my mind but we can't put the rears on Dustin's car unless he has swaybar relocation brackets.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
anyone going 2 london 2night? think about headin down there 2 run a couple of times. see if traction is better there rhan clay city. i hear it is.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
anyone going 2 london 2night? think about headin down there 2 run a couple of times. see if traction is better there rhan clay city. i hear it is.

From what the guys that run at both tracks say, London is daylight and dark better than clay city. If ya went let us know how ya did. :beer:

EchoPapaGolf

forum member
Reaction score
Did anyone else stop by Keeneland today for the Concours d' elegance? There were some bad ass Mustangs and some absolutely embarrassing ones too.

Last edited:

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
Tried to work on 60ft times. I started out my usual 2.3-2.4. Met some locals that had an air pressure gauge. Lowered to 28 psi. Major improvement. Just kept whittling the time down. London is not even comparable to clay city in terms of tack prep. At least the few times I have went. And it is $10 cheaper. Yes... you do have to drive further, but well worth it in my opinion. Had a good time, met some good people.

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
Oh...almost forgot! Make sure your brakes are in tip top condition. London Dragway is SHORT!!!! My brakes took a beating for sure.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
Tried to work on 60ft times. I started out my usual 2.3-2.4. Met some locals that had an air pressure gauge. Lowered to 28 psi. Major improvement. Just kept whittling the time down. London is not even comparable to clay city in terms of tack prep. At least the few times I have went. And it is $10 cheaper. Yes... you do have to drive further, but well worth it in my opinion. Had a good time, met some good people.

That's awesome man, glad to see the trip was worth it for ya! You're running et street radials, correct? Nice 60'!

tack514

New Idiot
Reaction score
yea...there is a whole lot of room for driver improvement. probably the biggest gains will be had between the ears. Equipmentwise...i think i am good. reducing the tire pressure has prolonged the LCA brackets...for now anyway. Cannot believe the stock clutch is holding. So far, Ford got it right.

jm2944

Boss 302
Reaction score
Did anyone else stop by Keeneland today for the Concours d' elegance? There were some bad ass Mustangs and some absolutely embarrassing ones too.

Yes, I was there until just before noon and was parked in the paddock. Did you have a car in the paddock? There were tons of nice Mustangs there, but like you said there were a couple of not so nice one's there too.

jm2944

Boss 302
Reaction score
Was doing some digging around the net and found a pic of my ride on the Keeneland Facebook page.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374454799.632556.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back