LF Fabricator to make a Hurst handle fit MGW Shifter

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Looking for someone to fabricate the lower end of a Hurst shifter stick to work in a MGW shifter.

Basically I want the stick to look like this with 5/8" roundbar to fit into the mgw shifter hole.

83308d1297122949t-hurst-handle-mgw-conversion-dscn0007.jpg

I would like to have two of these made. I will supply the shifter sticks or I'll pay you for the cost of the sticks/labor to fabricate them.

Thanks.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I've ordered the levers and got them for $28/ea (IIRC the ball is like $40~) I'll maybe send 1 to Hamilton and then 1 to GrnB to see who makes it better. Friendly competition? lol

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
I've ordered the levers and got them for $28/ea (IIRC the ball is like $40~) I'll maybe send 1 to Hamilton and then 1 to GrnB to see who makes it better. Friendly competition? lol

Nice, whatever you would like to do. I weld & fabricate stainless components all the time.

eddieval5

forum member
Reaction score

You got the Hurst rod for $28!? Mind passing alone from where ive been looking for one less then $60.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
You got the Hurst rod for $28!? Mind passing alone from where ive been looking for one less then $60.

Try searching on this p/n 5387201 and you will find lots of options in the $30 range.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
^what he said. I just looked over the internet. eBay prices were stupid expensive, especially since I couldn't find a seller who would combine shipping for some reason. They wanted like $8/per lever for shipping.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
If my only option for buying an item is eBay then I'm not buying it. I have discontinued doing business with a couple vendors in the past because they went to a 100% eBay format.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I would be super interested in this as well. I'd like to use the Hurst lever with my MGW ball or perhaps that Ford Racing ball pictured above.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If my only option for buying an item is eBay then I'm not buying it. I have discontinued doing business with a couple vendors in the past because they went to a 100% eBay format.

Not following this one....how does a vendor go to an Ebay format?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Not following this one....how does a vendor go to an Ebay format?

Brian, correct me if I'm wrong. I think he means that they have disband their personal ecommerce website/marketplace and only sell via eBay. eBay's fees are ridiculous.

I have been working at putting up a webstore for take off parts and accessories in our Ford and Chevy stores but I don't want the fees to make the venture a pain in the wallet.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Brian, correct me if I'm wrong. I think he means that they have disband their personal ecommerce website/marketplace and only sell via eBay. eBay's fees are ridiculous.

I have been working at putting up a webstore for take off parts and accessories in our Ford and Chevy stores but I don't want the fees to make the venture a pain in the wallet.

Look into Shopify

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back