List of legit 3V tuners still active and the advent of self-tuning

Rich

Reaction score
I would avoid Brenspeed like the plague. Very, very, poor customer service and support. Many here will agree with me.
Go with Lito.
This is FACT. They wrote a 93 octane tune for me and when the shifts were too hard I tried to get it worked out with them. They are not concerned with helping you if you are not a multi-thousand dollar spender. Lito has been awesome and timely from day one.

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
Duh... That's what I meant... It's actually 6038 SQUARE mm.....and 9503 SQUARE.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Doug@C&L

Reaction score
The 110mm maf may work great in s/c applications. My problem was the people who wanted to run them in a n/a setup with aggressive idle camshafts. Which makes the resolution a nightmare to deal with along with the pulses from the cams.

Travis Belair

Reaction score
New S197 owner here. I purchased this with a Ford Racing Tuner that wont even hook up to the car anymore. I am running lean and idle is all over the place. I have been in contact with Lito to tune once I get a few things shipped this week. SCT x4, CMDP, BBK TP, Underdrive pulleys and 4:10 gears. Does anyone know if I need to get stock tune flashed prior to Lito or just roll with what Lito sends and forget stock tune. Once I get tuned I doubt any reason to go back to stock.
Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
So you can tune the various 3V PCM iterations as well as the Coyote ones using HP Tuners?

They have a list of cars that are supported. I'm pretty sure they would include coyote motors. You can run multiple cars off of their software, you just have to buy for credits for additional cars.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Travis. If your car has a tune in it now you will have to “return to stock” before another tuning device will work.

No, you can use the tune that is in there for a stock tune. When I went with SCT I used my Diablo tune as the stock tune.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
No, you can use the tune that is in there for a stock tune. When I went with SCT I used my Diablo tune as the stock tune.
That did not work for me. I had to “return to stock” with my old X3 before a new X4 would connect. I have also had to “return to stock” changing tunes from two different writers. Even using the same X4.

1950StangJump$

forum member
Reaction score
Some good and some bad info in this thread.

1). Brenspeed customer support sucks, and I mean SUCKS for everyone. Even spending big money doesn't help - you are treated like shit by everyone except Brent ... And he is tough to get to. Their work is also shoddy. They have a lot of my money, and I will NEVER go back or recommend them.

2) You don't have to return to stock to use different tunes, in my experience, when twitching to a different handheld. The new tuner just assumes the tune in your car is the stock and treats it as such. Right now, my SCT thinks the "stock tune" is a KB setup from years past.

3) I have friends who use Lito, and they say he is a really nice guy and like his work ... But they complain about sometimes waiting as much as 14 days for a tune revision as of late. But, they also love that he is not scared of the US EPA unlike all the CONUS located tuners (READ: turning off rear O2s and EVAP).

In my opinion, there is a vacuum in the market right now for a good 3V tuner.

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
That did not work for me. I had to “return to stock” with my old X3 before a new X4 would connect. I have also had to “return to stock” changing tunes from two different writers. Even using the same X4.

Possibly a setting when the tune is sent to X4. The SCT software presents options before you send it to the X4, one checkbox has to do with strategy protection. I suspect this was the reason why you had to return to stock, but Boss07 did not. I switch between the stock and the crate_6 control pack tune, so this setting is disabled.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Possibly a setting when the tune is sent to X4. The SCT software presents options before you send it to the X4, one checkbox has to do with strategy protection. I suspect this was the reason why you had to return to stock, but Boss07 did not. I switch between the stock and the crate_6 control pack tune, so this setting is disabled.

All of my tunes have been open except for the ones I got from Lund, they were locked (protected). I would not be able to use one of those as a stock tune. When I made my earlier comment I was assuming the tune was on your car was unlocked.

crjackson

Reaction score
Using the same SCTX4 for all my tunes, when moving from one stored tune (on the SCT) to another (loading into the PCM), I have to return to stock before the device will push a tune to my PCM. I can’t jump from one custom tune to another without returning the PCM to stock between tunes. It just doesn’t work for me.

I’ve tried many times, with many tunes.

However, if I use a new tuning device (SCTX4). Any tune being held by the PCM when marrying the new tuner, becomes recognized as the stock tune.

That has been my experience with tunes from Brenspeed, MPT, BAMA, and Pro-Dyno.

Loading tunes onto the device from a computer has no particular required routine to be successful on my device.

Last edited:

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
The strategy protect option is only in the sct advantage tuning software. It is selected before you load to x4. This is an .mtf file.
Loading with device updater you can only load .cef files which are emailed to you. The option gets selected before exporting/emailing, and it is locked to a specific x4 by serial number.

This is NOT the configurable tune options, gears, tires, timing, etc.

Last edited:

Travis Belair

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I have been in touch with Lito and have paid Manuel. So far he has been quick to reply meaning a day. I’m not rushing here. Tuner, CMDP, BBK TB, and 4:10 gears were all supposed to be delivered yesterday via FedEx. Somehow they claimed they were not able to deliver. Now scheduled for Tuesday. Oh well. Once I get SCT I’ll ask Manuel what’s his thought before installing first tune he sends me. Then I’ll know for sure. Haha. If I pretend there’s no tune when I install SCT tune or Lito maybe that will work as some of you have said. Anyway thanks again for input. I just got the car a few months ago. One autocross event so far but looking at bigger road courses once all dialed in.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back