Long Awaited Turbo build...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
3.55 gears, this is just revving in neutral no clutch revving to 6k and held at 5K for 2-sec. eboost showed 1.2 lbs.

Willy ,how much boost will that wot box let u make and at what rpm.

Tony yeah i mean it is not bad a little more managable but once the boost hits in first gear when driving its hard to keep track and shift before it bounces of the rev limiter just due to the nature of where the boost hits and the rpms just shoot past 6K so fast. At around 5500-6000 rpm in 2nd and third it will start spinning the nitto street tires.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you want be able to just rev it and make boost. you have to have the wot box and mat the gas to make load which makes boost. i can make 16psi in first gear, but i have a triple ceramic ball bearing turbo with an .81 exhaust side. here is the link to it. http://www.compturbo.com/products/index.php?folder1=Turbo_Chargers&folder2=CT43&product=CT4380

yeah i figured the load wont let me rev and make boost, im more interested in why its not mkaing full boost in 1st when driving.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Tony yeah i mean it is not bad a little more manage but once the boost hits in first gear when driving its hard to keep track and shift before it bounces of the rev limiter jsut do to the nature of where the boost hits and the rpms just shoot past 6K so fast. At around 5500-6000 rpm in 2nd and third it will start spinning the nitto street tires.

Yeah I am dealing with the same thing. 6k comes at a blink of an eye with boost and 4.10's YIKES!

I want to go for a ride in this thing to see how the turbo feels. I know they are "somewhat" similar feeling when compared to a centri. I think my power comes on a little slower, but smoother. But as soon as mine hits 4k (about 4-5psi) in 1st and 2nd, it's like a couple milliseconds before it hits 6k (10psi) it feels like. :lol2: I can blow the tires off in 1st at any time and usually in second as well. Sometimes it will hook in second on good pavement and really hot out. When real cool out, I can get some rubber in 3rd.

Towelly

forum member
Reaction score
Those Cam's are for an N/A application aren't they Lightblade? Could be part of the issue. Not making full boost in 1st that is.

Lonestar

forum member
Reaction score
Those Cam's are for an N/A application aren't they Lightblade? Could be part of the issue. Not making full boost in 1st that is.

turbo setups will never make full boost in first gear, second and third gear and beyond is where the boost will get up there because there is actually a load put on the vehicle VIA traction.

if you put some radials on there, and you got a dead hook im pretty sure you would get more than 1.5psi in first gear

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Yeah they are a mild n/a cam, and thats def not the issue, the stock cams are n/a cams...

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
turbo setups will never make full boost in first gear, second and third gear and beyond is where the boost will get up there because there is actually a load put on the vehicle VIA traction.

if you put some radials on there, and you got a dead hook im pretty sure you would get more than 1.5psi in first gear

The load comes from mph and gearing, ie moving the weight of the vehicle, not traction. I dont spin tires in 1st at its actually quite managable so i know its not that. I only see the 1.5 when sitting still revving. When driving i see 6-7 psi in first (bc is set at 12psi).

But keep the ideas coming for sure.

Yeah tony 1st is fine i just got to be ready to shift almost as soon as the boost comes on but i dont spin tires as its more gradual gain in 1st. It is similar to centri except in 2nd and 3rd the boost gain is not as gradual, i mean it climes slightly then just hits hard and the wastegate opens.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if you had a .81 you would make more boost in first.

I agree, and from what i have been seeing other using, a .81 isnt going to be too small for a 76mm exhuast wheel. Guess this is something i will look into more.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Willy how boost will that wot box let u make and at what rpm.

i can build about 5 psi pretty quick at 4k rpm, more i hold it the more it builds.....i only hold it till i see about 5psi,but ive seen 9+ if i keep holding the gas....it seems the warmer the motor, the faster it builds.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah when i was driving in stop and go traffic the other day for 20 minutes then finally got out into a free stretch of highway the car felt good, fuel pressure was reading about 5psi higher and it was spooling and boosting very quickly.

Last edited:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So here is whats planned next. Install the water temp gauge, watch temps for a week or so then add water wetter and see if it helps.

I have the sct ba-5000 maf already, just need to find an oem fpdm to splice into my system and then i should be good on fuel and the maf to turn the boost up.

.81 ar tang t4 turbine housing.

Oil pressure , oil temp gauges

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I def will be looking to the wot box, i really dont track my car enough to justiy it but...lol

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cobalt water temp gauge installed today, looks great next to the eboost2 colors flow quite nicely.
p_00064-18.jpg

p_00063-20.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Okay so my setup, mish rad, single 16" mish slim fan no shroud. Inital temps, 88 degrees out.

Fully warmed up at idle hood open 185
Driving around in city 205-210
Crusing highway 200.
Sitting in traffic hood closed for 1-2 minutes went to 210+ and started settling.

Going to check it out a little bit more, then going to see if a 170 thermostat and some water wetter helps at all.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back