Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
78604053_10221212131918615_8746658992308092928_n.jpg

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL!!!! Tesla's truck is a rolling joke. A 5 year old could easily design a better looking truck.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Even John DeLorean said "Ewwww..."

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
He has to be trolling with that one, there is no way he and everyone around him thought that truck looked good.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Wait a second, doesn't that shit Elon musk put out look like that minecraft game these young thundercats play?

TrackpkCoyote13

Reaction score
I personally don't care if they put the Mustang name on it and create a sub brand out of it, as long as they keep building two door Mustangs with an optional V8 and manual transmission. My opinion is this Mach-E will help keep the traditional Mustang around for a long time, and compliance with the regulations will allow Ford to keep the V8 around for decades.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
I personally don't care if they put the Mustang name on it and create a sub brand out of it, as long as they keep building two door Mustangs with an optional V8 and manual transmission. My opinion is this Mach-E will help keep the traditional Mustang around for a long time, and compliance with the regulations will allow Ford to keep the V8 around for decades.
I hope you're right.

But I've seen what starts out catering to the non-enthusiast general public has eventually resulted in. Think transmissions (MT to AT) and cars in general (sedans to SUVs).

Norm

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall for sports cars and performance cars in general. Unless something ignites driving passion in today's younger generations, the hobby as a whole is in serious serious peril.

Cars are seen more and more as an environmental liability and little more than a way to get from here to there. An image problem is developing for cars. They also carry a heavy financial cost for an aweful lot of people.

It doesn't help that people that legitimately have no need for a car feel they can dictate to others that they also don't need cars, or that these other people should have to pay higher taxes to own and operate cars

Last edited:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I really hope that thing fails miserably, just because I don't want to see one lol

I think it's going to fail for the following reasons. Affordability. The general public isn't quite ready. Availability of charging stations, mileage range.

Unfortunately I think the writing is on the wall for sports cars and performance cars in general. Unless something ignites driving passion in today's younger generations, the hobby as a whole is in serious serious peril.

Cars are seen more and more as an environmental liability and little more than a way to get from here to there. An image problem is developing for cars. They also carry a heavy financial cost for an aweful lot of people.

It doesn't help that people that legitimately have no need for a car feel they can dictate to others that they also don't need cars, or that these other people should have to pay higher taxes to own and operate cars

I don't feel the writing is on the wall for sports car/performance cars in general just yet. if it were? Chevy wouldn't had recently developed it's all new mid-engine designed Corvette nor would Ford come out with an all new GT500 based off the GT350 on the current S550 platform. The Challenger also continues to do well in sales just behind the Mustang and also isn't going away anytime in the foreseeable future. Until prices become more affordable for the average person? I just don't foresee a high enough demand for an all electric SUV as being profitable enough for Ford to mass produce at least for the next 5-10 years anyhow :shrug:

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I think it's going to fail for the following reasons. Affordability. The general public isn't quite ready. Availability of charging stations, mileage range.

It's gonna start at $43-44k, below the upcoming Tesla Model Y, below all of Tesla's models except the small sedan they have, the Model 3.
And the range of 230-300+ miles is higher than most other electric cars on the road these days, except some higher-priced Tesla models with the optional long-range batteries.
As far as charging, there are home stations available, stations at Whole Foods stores, and many other places. Plus slow charging overnight through a regular 110V outlet.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
It's gonna start at $43-44k, below the upcoming Tesla Model Y, below all of Tesla's models except the small sedan they have, the Model 3.
And the range of 230-300+ miles is higher than most other electric cars on the road these days, except some higher-priced Tesla models with the optional long-range batteries.
As far as charging, there are home stations available, stations at Whole Foods stores, and many other places. Plus slow charging overnight through a regular 110V outlet.
Perhaps so but still doesn't necessarily mean it will do well enough in sales as far as demand is concerned. Ford's main objective as an automaker has always been to make a profit and if the demand isn't strong enough for this Mustang Mach-E to turn a profit for Ford? it won't remain in production for very long. Anyhow, just saying.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's getting lots of press. Positive press mostly. There is a small niche section of market for this vehicle. Let's not for get pure electric cars hold a massive 1.8% of the market share. Or put another way it stands against 98.2% of the market still using fossil fuels. I think there is a market. It's just small.

But one thing I haven't seen addressed or acknowledged is service. What if it has mechanical problems? What if it has electrical problems? Is every Ford dealer going to have specially trained techs that can work on these things without getting electrocuted? Will it need special training to repair physical damage? Shouldn't need routine maintenance, but it will probably need some kind of maintenance.

BuckeyeBOSS

forum member
Reaction score
It's getting lots of press. Positive press mostly. There is a small niche section of market for this vehicle. Let's not for get pure electric cars hold a massive 1.8% of the market share. Or put another way it stands against 98.2% of the market still using fossil fuels. I think there is a market. It's just small..

I think it hits an already huge market, but it's already oversaturated and filled with dozens of CUVs that all look almost identical. The 2 main demographics for this vehicle are older women and Millennials. The 2 issues Ford needs to overcome here are:

1. Older women can generally afford and already own CUVs and have flocked to the Honda CRV/HRV and Toyota RAV4 mainly. Can the fact that this is electric get these ladies to give up their "reliable foreign brands"?

2. Millennials love electric and the utility, but most can't afford a ~$42-60k vehicle and the ones that can afford it are usually still very reluctant to spend that much on any vehicle. Can this persuade them to lay out that kind of money?

I think this vehicle is everything the goofy current market wants, it's just the antithesis of a Mustang and using the name sucks.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
It's getting lots of press. Positive press mostly.
Perhaps because press conferences and the material released there is coming from Ford.

Even independent reporters/reviewers probably feel they have to "tread lightly" with negative commentary, lest they get left out of future conferences and early opportunities to review future products.

Norm

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
It's getting lots of press. Positive press mostly. There is a small niche section of market for this vehicle. Let's not for get pure electric cars hold a massive 1.8% of the market share. Or put another way it stands against 98.2% of the market still using fossil fuels. I think there is a market. It's just small.

But one thing I haven't seen addressed or acknowledged is service. What if it has mechanical problems? What if it has electrical problems? Is every Ford dealer going to have specially trained techs that can work on these things without getting electrocuted? Will it need special training to repair physical damage? Shouldn't need routine maintenance, but it will probably need some kind of maintenance.

Ford has already had a full-electric vehicle on the market, the Ford Focus Electric, around since 2012 ( https://www.cars.com/research/ford-focus_electric/ ), so every dealer should technically already have at least one tech trained to work on them.
Plus, most likely not very different than a plug-in hybrid like the C-Max or the Fusion plug-in Hybrid.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Forget plugging into a 1 kw 110 vac outlet in your garage overnight, not gonna work. The typ 240 vac chargers are 6.3 kw.... and use 8 awg cu..... like an electric stove. Easily installed in a garage.

For condo owners, and folks in apartment buildings, you are outa luck.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back