Made a big mistake today, experienced 647rwhp

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
Just ride in the passenger seat of your car while someone else drives, all cars feel faster from the passenger seat even yours will. lol
why is this. the other day, i let a buddy of mine take a spin in my car and i was very surpised how it felt from the other seat. it pulls decently for what it is, but when i was shotgun i found myself squreming a bit in my seat as he rowed 1-4 and merged at 120 onto the hwy. it was all bad, he said this thing moves out and with my chest puffed up i was like, yea it does ok. :lol2:

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
It's because you are not concentrating on driving, shifting, watching the tach, mirrors, and everything else. I got to the point where I thought my car was losing power. I let my daughter drive it and she went through the gears. I was thinking," holly shit, this thing pulls hard".

cobra mike

rice killer
Reaction score
Yeah passenger seat is always faster...lol... but 600 plus hp ain't no joke eather.
the olders cars feel faster too even when they aren't, not built as rigid, and ride rougher, that makes a difference in feel and the cars are smaller witch adds to the effect also.
try riding in a 1000 rwhp fox body, now that's a heart attack waiting to happen, especially with who was driving...lol..I have faith in his ability but you never get used to that kind of thing...lol..

Last edited:

G.T

Reaction score
Just ride in the passenger seat of your car while someone else drives, all cars feel faster from the passenger seat even yours will. lol

+1
i drive all sorts of cars with different levels of horsepower.. and honestly almost anything over 450rwhp on street tires feels about the same to me nowadays :)

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
The only car ive ever been in that was over 600hp was an Evo VIII, which although very, very fast, felt like it was on rails.
Ive ridden in/driven cars with half as much power that were about 10 times as frightening (especially hondas)

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
+1 for the Terminator. Had a choice to buy a new 05 GT or an as mint as I could find 04 Cobra. Found my dream color(comp orange) 100 miles from me with 15,000 miles owned by a woman with no mods mint for 26,000. She is my baby and would never get rid of her. My new 11 5.0 sits outside and is my daily driver and will always be 2nd favorite. -Shane

Bizzyb0nes

forum member
Reaction score
I drove shane361's cobra when it was stock, and he was drunk :)

Fast car, beautiful car, but for whatever reason it didnt make me go holy cow i gotta have one...but i drove an 01 saleen sc at the time with some mods so probably the "cool 4v" gap wasnt nearly as big as it would be now since I drive something a bit slower lol.

Im sure Shane O Mac will let me beat on the cobra some this time :)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah passenger seat is always faster...lol... but 600 plus hp ain't no joke eather.
the olders cars fell faster too even when they aren't, not built as rigid, and ride rougher, that makes a difference in feel and the cars are smaller witch adds to the effect also.
try riding in a 1000 rwhp fox body, now that's a heart attack waiting to happen, especially with who was driving...lol..I have faith in his ability but you never get used to that kind of thing...lol..

LOL..wonder who this driver is that you refer to?:evillaugh:

Trav4011

Hoosier Daddy?
Reaction score
Building a 4 valve with a 2.8H for my '04 GT as we speak.. :)

2.jpg

Travis

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
You gotta ghost ride the whip every once in a while bro!

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
I am already checking out SVT Performance. I NEED a Cobra bad...lol Here is a couple of pics of it. Nice!

Your S197 will make all the power you want. Only advantage of the Termi is the bottom end.

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
It's because you are not concentrating on driving, shifting, watching the tach, mirrors, and everything else. I got to the point where I thought my car was losing power. I let my daughter drive it and she went through the gears. I was thinking," holly shit, this thing pulls hard".

Exactly. It always feels different when you are relaxed in the passenger seat. You are not in control so you don't know what to expect. You feel the forces of acceleration more when you are not pushing yourself into the seat with your feet on the pedals. I have never felt too comfortable with the feeling of uncontrolled acceleration that you get on a roller coaster, but if I could drive one everyone on that fucker would puke for sure.

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
I drove shane361's cobra when it was stock, and he was drunk :)

Fast car, beautiful car, but for whatever reason it didnt make me go holy cow i gotta have one...but i drove an 01 saleen sc at the time with some mods so probably the "cool 4v" gap wasnt nearly as big as it would be now since I drive something a bit slower lol.

Im sure Shane O Mac will let me beat on the cobra some this time :)

Shut your whore mouth! That was the greatest night of your life! Was a great night for me!

Kona6Stang10

forum member
Reaction score
yea....I think it's that once you get to feel what 600+ rwhp really feels like....it's difficult for anything less to be impressive lol

I've got a few friends with 600+ hp cars...I ride in them...and then hop back in my car that's making ~208 rwhp/~230tq....I feel disgusted with myself lol

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
My C5 was very close to 600 rwhp on the spray and I never trusted anybody to drive the car on the spray. It still felt fast to me but not like when I first got the car. And I agree Terminators have a greater sensation of speed than S197's. Doing 160 in my friends 2011 GT500 SVTPP is almost uneventful compared to his g/f's 475 rwhp Terminator.

KDT

forum member
Reaction score
Your S197 will make all the power you want. Only advantage of the Termi is the bottom end.
Oh yea most definitely. I am working and saving away to get a shortblock built. I was planning to do a stock crank, forged rods, and forged pistons motor and take it up to around 550rwhp but now I am rethinking this and may change my plans and go with a fully forged stroker so I can take it higher if I end up wanting more. I know I will be getting to the limits of the E Force as I approach 600 so if I wanted 650 plus, a bigger blower will be in order then also. I would love to ride in or drive an S197 with 550 - 600rwhp to see how that feels compared to the Cobra. I also have a buddy that has a Factory Five Cobra. It has over 400rwhp but only weighs about 2400lbs. It's damn fast too.

Last edited:

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Only advantage of the Termi is the bottom end.
That and the fact you can pick up a lightly used one with a whipple for 23-26 g's. Gonna need more scratch than that to take the 3v to the same level. Although at the rate the 3v resale has been sinking that gap is starting to get closer lol

Last edited:

KITT

Sell it!
Reaction score
That and the fact you can pick up a lightly used one with a whipple for 23-26 g's. Gonna need more scratch than that to take the 3v to the same level. Although at the rate the 3v resale has been sinking that gap is starting to get closer lol

You are correct but its just money. Ive never seen an armored car following a hurst! Id rather spend the extra for an S197 they ride so much better. Im not gonna sell my car so resale doesnt matter to me. I would never pay 23-26g's for a used car period, especially one thats 7-8 years old! My .02 But, you are correct.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back