Mildly Modified S550s in the 12s, 11s, and 10s!!!

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Have you guys seen this!!?? OMG!!

10 second 2015 Ford Mustang GT:

• Ford Racing Roush Performance Supercharger Kit
  • Ford Racing Rear Subframe Kit
  • Ford Racing Heavy Duty Half-Shaft Kit
  • Ford Racing Drive Shaft Loops
  • Ford Racing Engine Tuning Calibration
  • Hoosier Drag Racing Slicks
  • Weld Racing AlumaStar Drag Wheels
  • 4 Point Roll Cage
  • Recaro Race Seat
Results: 10.97 second E.T.

11 second 2015 Ford Mustang GT Modifications:

• Ford Racing Rear Subframe Kit
  • Ford Racing Off-Road Exhaust (prototype)
  • Hoosier Drag Slicks
  • American Racing Headers Cobra Jet Long Tube Headers
  • 4 Point Roll Cage
  • Recaro Race Seat
Results: 11.77 second E.T.

12 second 2015 Ford Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Modifications:

• Ford Racing Performance Parts Rear Subframe Kit
  • Ford Racing Off-Road exhaust (prototype)
  • Hoosier Drag Slicks
  • 4 Point Roll Cage
  • Recaro Race Seat
Results: 12.56 second E.T.

Last edited:

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
did you guys notice that all the cars had the heavy duty half shafts...even for the 4 banger...and for the 4 banger to run a mid-12...that is pretty cool !

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My only two negative observations about the 2.3 EB is this....

While the performance is impressive, it sounds terrible. Subaru's don't sound too bad so a 4 banger can sound ok. That needs to be addressed.

Second, how much of the power needed to run that number came from the "off road exhaust" and tune that was assuredly specific to it? That would make that tune "off road" as well. So for a large portion of the public these items would difficult to run on a new car due to inspection requirements.

I want to know what a 100% stock EB with no tune and drag radials will run. My money will be on times in the 13.40's at around 100-101mph.

On the flip side, the 2.3 EB ran 12.56 and trapped at 109.17 mph. Ford's official curb weight for that model with a stick is 3517 pounds. With the list of mods (some which add weight and some remove weight) and a driver I think total net add of weight would be around 250 pounds for an as run estimated weight of 3767 pounds. At that weight you would need a good driver, great traction and about 375-380 hp to run those numbers. So I think we're looking at a 60-65 hp increase with the off road exhaust and tune.

Last edited:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
My only two negative observations about the 2.3 EB is this....

While the performance is impressive, it sounds terrible. Subaru's don't sound too bad so a 4 banger can sound ok. That needs to be addressed.

Second, how much of the power needed to run that number came from the "off road exhaust" and tune that was assuredly specific to it? That would make that tune "off road" as well. So for a large portion of the public these items would difficult to run on a new car due to inspection requirements.

I want to know what a 100% stock EB with no tune and drag radials will run. My money will be on times in the 13.40's at around 100-101mph.

On the flip side, the 2.3 EB ran 12.56 and trapped at 109.17 mph. Ford's official curb weight for that model with a stick is 3517 pounds. With the list of mods (some which add weight and some remove weight) and a driver I think total net add of weight would be around 250 pounds for an as run estimated weight of 3767 pounds. At that weight you would need a good driver, great traction and about 375-380 hp to run those numbers. So I think we're looking at a 60-65 hp increase with the off road exhaust and tune.

Don't like the four banger, eh? Lol

That's the great part about a factory turbo car, they pick up (usually) a bunch of power with two to three basic and inexpensive mods. When it comes time to inspection, throw the cat back on and retune. BAM, the bitch just passed!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Love that they rowed their own! like a mofo should!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Don't like the four banger, eh? Lol

There fine, but if it's my money it'll be a V8 every time. I always go for the biggest engine in a vehicle I can get.

Bigger engines just don't work as hard to make the same power. To me that's longevity in the bank. Besides potential power is still tied to the ol' adage "no replacement for displacement".

That said I am impressed with the outcome and wish the 4 cylinder guys luck. I'll applaud their accomplishments just the same

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I think a tuned 2.3L will be running pretty damn close with a stock 5.0 if you ask me. The 2.3 is just a stroked 2.0 and you can already get impressive gains out of just a tune on the Focus ST's. Given that it is lighter it should preform pretty nicely.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I noticed they gutted them as well... Another fun fact, they stated the Supercharged version is bone stock with just the supercharger (half shaft's, etc.) but there are no mufflers...? If you notice there are two dumps before the rearend (3:05 in the video).

2011/5.0

Reaction score
Ya the stock 2011 heated leather power seats in mine weigh 60lbs each

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
My passenger seat has to be 50-60 lbs I pull that bitch out for the strip.
It takes about 4 minutes lol

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Last week Greg and I gutted his friends car for the track - the passenger seat, rear seat, spare donut and jack and that was 160lbs

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I noticed the interior as well. OR exhaust has to be a good 20-30 pounds too! Either way I think its an awesome video and good job to FR for making it. I'm want some more info on the half shafts/sub frame stuff. Considering they put them on the EB and it pulled a 1.6, I'm thinking this is an absolute must if anyone will Drag the car in any form.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back