Mustang vs duramax ?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The boss at work has an 08 3/4 chevy with a duramax with 750hp and over 1000 ft lbs of torque to the tires and I think I have him talked into racing my mustang. I have to wait until he gets it back from the shop though, he broke the crank a few weeks back so it may come back with even more power. I think it will be a close race since he is alot heavier but should be interesting. What do you guys think will be the outcome? Btw, my car has a paxton with 500rwhp and some suspension mods.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You will beat him..But im not sure how bad...Its a truck, so its not at all aero efficient obviously, so that will come into play also if you race up to upwards of the 130 mph + mark..

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should beat him with your 500rwhp. But believe me, that Dmax done up like that is no slouch. I've got an 08 D'max with DPF delete, programmer, meth injection etc.... and it's beat many a stock mustang up to 100mph. Much after that and the size of these trucks starts to get the better of them.
Even still you better know how to drive, and don't be surprised if he pulls away on you the first 300', assuming he launchs in 4 wheel drive.

FYI
If he's making 750hp then his TQ numbers are way over a 1000. More like 1400+

Last edited:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know the torque numbers a up there, he just didn't want to tell me the real numbers until after we race.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If he really has the numbers you said, be worried. I've seen low/mid 10 second trucks before. You might be very surprised.

Like I said, you may beat him, just don't go shootin your mouth off too much until after the race, cause it'll be a close one. Good Luck!

Last edited:

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I know he is running those numbers, we discussed what all he has done and another guy at work said he has spent almost $30,000 in mods. He bent the factory rods so he had aftermarket rods and pistons installed. He is running 48 pounds of boost, it is a wicked truck, watching him take off out of the parking lot makes me wonder if I can take him. He has done some suspension work to make it hook up too.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am thinking it will be close and a little nervous he may just win.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run mine to about 37psi, that's pretty much the most a stock turbo will put out on these trucks. Just over 400rwhp, and 800ft/tq. I know how fast mine is..........and I'm not on a "smokey" tune.

I'd love to see the video!!

Have fun & good luck!

Last edited:

andrewrj

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
depending on power levels it may be closer than you think from a dig. Make him race from a roll and you should smoke him, lol.

bigastrk

Reaction score
I hate to say it but if he has that kind of power and a sheet to prove it, you are probably screwed. It will probably be a good race but I think he will take ya in the bottom if he hooks but if not you will have a damn good chance. With that much torque out of the hole you may be in for it. Let us know what happens though.

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am still waiting for him to get his truck back from the shop but I think he is just as excited as I am to run them. I am thinking he will spin when the turbo spools up and I should get the holeshot, atleast that's what I am hoping. I haven't seen the dyno sheet but I believe him. This truck is no joke, it is wicked. I would trade my mustang for it without thinking twice.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back