My long awaited build... (I don't think 56k exist anymore) So lots of pics...

Boozshey

Reaction score
Got the catch cans today and had a strong oder of fuel. So much for no leaks. Had 3 small leaks in the fuel lines. Bought some o-rings today, I hope that will solve the problem. Replaced the fuel filter real quick before work. Hope to seal the leak, mount the catch cans and do the headers tomorrow...

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Got the catch cans today and had a strong oder of fuel. So much for no leaks. Had 3 small leaks in the fuel lines. Bought some o-rings today, I hope that will solve the problem. Replaced the fuel filter real quick before work. Hope to seal the leak, mount the catch cans and do the headers tomorrow...

Damn this progress is insane man, you are moving right along. Have fun with the headers tomorrow! After the headers, what else is you going to be doing until its back on the road?

Boozshey

Reaction score
I need a vacuum cap, headers, catch cans done, and put it all back together to get it on the road. The other things are suspension and cosmetic...

memphisstylee

Reaction score
A friend on another forum(EagleStroker) pointed this thread out to me since I did a wire tuck in December and yours is definitely lookin good! Subscribed and looking forward to seeing the completed pics!

-Scott

Boozshey

Reaction score
Just got back from the powder coater... Everything looks great. I will post pics later.

Dread53

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice work, boss.

And to think, my ex said I was never very 'inspirational'!

Haven't spent 2 1/2 years suffering in Ft Lauderdale (in my Ranger with no a/c), I'd say anyone down there that actually removed it is crazier than anyone that tries doing this kind of job! I used to carry one of those little thermometers used for checking a/c ducts, and the AVERAGE temperature on the console while driving was 106.

Boozshey

Reaction score
Got the Cam Covers on, fixed the fuel lines, dropped the exhaust, took out the stock H-pipe. Got the driver side exhaust manifold off. Got hungry so break time...

brakes1.jpg

camcovers1.jpg

camcovers2.jpg

camcovers3.jpg

camcovers4.jpg

camcovers5.jpg

camcovers6.jpg

motormounts-1.jpg

This is the Water Temp sending unit...

tempsender1.jpg

tempsender2.jpg

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
This is the Water Temp sending unit...

tempsender1.jpg

tempsender2.jpg

Where was that located? I just bought a temp gauge today and was gonna put it in but it got dark out. Also was it a stock place you put it in or did you have to drill it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

LOOKIN AWESOME SO FAR BRO!

Boozshey

Reaction score
i like the wrinkle on the covers,who did them and how much was it,ive been debating on doing mine.

$80.00.. However he may charge more next time. He said he had to put two coats on them cause the damn porous metal these are made out of. http://www.sharpcustomcoatings.com/

Looking bitchin'!

Rotors like that is what I want to go with the next time I need brakes.

They are the BAER Decelerators, I had them powdercoated black. Also had the slots and holes powder coated...

Where was that located? I just bought a temp gauge today and was gonna put it in but it got dark out. Also was it a stock place you put it in or did you have to drill it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It's Autometer Part# 2268, it's a pre-drilled plug on the driver side towards the rear. You can access it from under the car. Just have a bucket ready cause you will lose alot of fluid when you take it off.

Also here's from autometer...

Water Temp Location and/or Thread Size
for 4.6 engine(s)
Look below the last freeze plug on drivers side (left side) of the block. There will be a threaded in plug (16mm x 1.5). This can be accessed and removed from under the vehicle. For electric gauges use an Auto Meter model #2268 adapter. For mechanical gauges use an Auto Meter #2275 adapter.

2NY

icedesign
Reaction score
It's Autometer Part# 2268, it's a pre-drilled plug on the driver side towards the rear. You can access it from under the car. Just have a bucket ready cause you will lose alot of fluid when you take it off.

Also here's from autometer...

Water Temp Location and/or Thread Size
for 4.6 engine(s)
Look below the last freeze plug on drivers side (left side) of the block. There will be a threaded in plug (16mm x 1.5). This can be accessed and removed from under the vehicle. For electric gauges use an Auto Meter model #2268 adapter. For mechanical gauges use an Auto Meter #2275 adapter.

thanks bud!

Boozshey

Reaction score
Headers on, Exhaust rehung, intercooler tank mounted... starting the breather cans.

headerscompare.jpg

stockhpipe-1.jpg

headers2.jpg

headers3.jpg

Stage 8 Locking header bolts.

headers4.jpg

headers5.jpg

headers6.jpg

Stage 8 Locking header bolts...

headers7.jpg

Battery location intercooler tank...

tank1.jpg

tank2.jpg

Trimmed battery tray...

tank3.jpg

tank4.jpg

tank5.jpg

tank6.jpg

tank7.jpg

Last edited:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Really would have liked to be there at your house today but I totally forgot that it was my Goddaughter's birthday. I know I'm a bad person for that but I will for sure help you on Monday whenever you have time.
The car is looking better day in and day out. Wish you guys could be here for it, it really is amazing in person if you see where it started and where it is now. I commend you Bruce not only for your service but also for this build.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back