Need to rent dyno time

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Ready to have my car tuned by lito, but need to rent a dyno. called and emailed around, but nobody wants to or can rent it. I have a feeling that they want to tune my car themselves, but that would be so unfair to lito who got my car running to the point it is now.

I am asking the s197 crew to help me out. Just want t enjoy my car and not debate wether I should part it out because of a tune.

Sent from my EVO

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't understand this post; what is it you want us to help you with and who mentioned anything about parting it out because of a tune....?

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I need some places that have an opening for a dyno rental and allows remote tuning.
Parting out and going all stock with no headaches was passing thought after the last tooner blew my shit up.

I cannot data log in my area. There is not a safe location that I can do the required runs legally.

Sent from my EVO

This, just go out with some friends on a road with a buddy driving ahead and a buddy behind to watch for other cars and cops.

That is a thought, but here in ny, if there is any cop around, it could be called racing and their goes my car.

Not gonna risk the tickets or getting my car impounded. will wait till I can have it properly tuned on a dyno.

Where to go that does not feel they are being screwed by me having my tuner remote tune my car. it is not like it is a bad ass build with multiple mods. simple cams, blower and exhaust. Yet seems tough for the common tuner.

Sent from my EVO

Last edited by a moderator:

ctt326

Brenspeed Hater
Reaction score
That is a thought, but here in ny, if there is any cop around, it could be called racing and their goes my car.

Not gonna risk the tickets or getting my car impounded. will wait till I can have it properly tuned on a dyno.

Where to go that does not feel they are being screwed by me having my tuner remote tune my car. it is not like it is a bad ass build with multiple mods. simple cams, blower and exhaust. Yet seems tough for the common tuner.

Sent from my EVO

I mean have somebody quite a distance in front of you and behind just driving normal. Have contact with both and when the coast is clear get on it.

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Might have to do that if I cannot get a dyno. Hell. maybe I will go buy one that is on a trailer.

Gonna get in touch with lito and see what we can decide.

Sent from my EVO

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm sure someone is gonna come thru and help you. I wonder if anyone on here with a dyno will even rent it to you on a Sun. If you need a tow I have an Expy with a hitch, lets get this done, the season is upon us in NYC!!!!

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If you can't find anyone to rent dyno time and don't end up doing street pulls, try to find a couple friends with treadmills!

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I talked to Dan at real speed. he is booked for the next two months. Not gonna call mustang tragic, off the list.

NYC, pa, ct, will travel. just woukd need a trailer. Palladin06 will tow it....thanks frank.

Was considering going to e-town for a test and tune and log there.
Thanks guys. I am sure someone has a hookup at a shop. Looking for a little karma.

Sent from my EVO

why not just dyno it and log it.

Then go on the street for the small stuff?

Can't find an open dyno. That is the issue, they do not like remote tuners for some reason.

Sent from my EVO

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
Washington state? Thank you, but how about east coast.
Also going to drop the boost from 19 down to 15 and swap the bbr cams for stockers. Will see what happens, but will keep the current setup until the final tune.

Sent from my EVO

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
Datalogging

Dude it's not like your going to be going 150mph you will just have to get on it in third gear throughout the rpm range like 2500-6k Do it getting on the highway . Sounds like you are making something so simple Into something it doesn't need to be ! Why do the mods if your not going to get on the car anyways?

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I get on the car, but safety plays a roll here. I am not a young kid. Tomorrow I will test out what that pull is. If I can do it safely I will.

Sent from my EVO

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
Does it have to be a dyno? What about an emissions tester with the rollers ?

Wicked One

forum member
Reaction score
I thought about that Steve, but not sure if lito can tune off of that. Most are gone since they changed the law. but it so, let me know of any that still have them.

No emissions for my car though, registered and insured in Florida.

Sent from my EVO

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back