New 600 Cubic Inch 1000 hp motor build

SonicGT

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
The quick disconnect is yes but they make 2. Its the shorter "mini"
Then the hub is not NRG...the NRG hub did not match as well in my opinion and it put the wheel too close

What hub did you get? If you had the normal quick release you think the hub would be fine? Thinking of putting one on my car.

GI Joe

Reaction score
What hub did you get? If you had the normal quick release you think the hub would be fine? Thinking of putting one on my car.

yea it works because I had that standard height quick release first hub first..Paul has that on his car

GI Joe

Reaction score
started the car this evening:
Had a couple little issues on start up.
- I clearly haven’t figured the carburetor out and how much pedal it wants to start up. Since the dominator has no choke it takes some throttle to start it…
- Had a small coolant leak around thermostat housing “O” ring. Some RTV will fix that.
- One of the screws around the jets is pissing gas out around the top. Weird…it did that on the dyno too and he tightened it. I wonder if these things just naturally get loose over time…You can see it in the close up near the end of the video.

Whats interesting is the car ran for 7 minutes with no fans or water pump on. At 7 minutes it just started to hit 150 degrees and I turned the W/Pump on and found the coolant leak….and turned it right off. Since I also have 2 elec fans I’m gonna say I don’t think Im gonna have any issue with heat and I should have plenty margin. The triple core radiator is awesome.

When I put the car in gear the rpms dropped 100 rpm…Sounds like I’m real close on the converter stall too then

I guess the new license tag says it all.................

http://s635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/gijoe05_photos/?action=view&current=startup2_zps6fd252cf.mp4

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome build! Gotta love all that displacement

Think youll ever convert it over to EFI? Looks like your manifold is setup for it with injector bosses.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
- I clearly haven’t figured the carburetor out and how much pedal it wants to start up. Since the dominator has no choke it takes some throttle to start it…
- Had a small coolant leak around thermostat housing “O” ring. Some RTV will fix that.
- One of the screws around the jets is pissing gas out around the top. Weird…it did that on the dyno too and he tightened it. I wonder if these things just naturally get loose over time…You can see it in the close up near the end of the video.

Whats interesting is the car ran for 7 minutes with no fans or water pump on. At 7 minutes it just started to hit 150 degrees and I turned the W/Pump on and found the coolant leak….and turned it right off. Since I also have 2 elec fans I’m gonna say I don’t think Im gonna have any issue with heat and I should have plenty margin. The triple core radiator is awesome.

When I put the car in gear the rpms dropped 100 rpm…Sounds like I’m real close on the converter stall too then

http://s635.photobucket.com/albums/uu79/gijoe05_photos/?action=view&current=startup2_zps6fd252cf.mp4

Yeah that is not good. Never seen that before---it also looked like it was coming out from under the screw that keeps the squirter on. There should be a small gasket under that screw---is that missing?

Other then that, the motor sounds really good--you will have fun with that thing. That intake is quite a bit taller then mine, pretty awesome.

Last edited:

luv2cheat

forum member
Reaction score

The squirter (what's leaking gas) shouldn't get loose. Be sure there is a small gasket on the top and bottom of it. Most of the time the top one will be inside the tapered part of the squirter itself.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Well the problem was the accelerator pump discharge nozzle ( squirter someone mentioned already) had a busted gasket...
shooter_zps103872c8.jpg

GI Joe

Reaction score
just a note of irony...so I get rid of all the computer stuff because I grew up with carbs and can deal with them pretty well. So I need a simple gasket for an accelerator pump discharge nozzle screw and cant find one at ANY local parts stores. They hardly carry anything for carbs now days..LOL:damnit:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Just by the rebuild kit---that way you will have spare parts, extra gaskets, etc, if you ever need them.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Just by the rebuild kit---that way you will have spare parts, extra gaskets, etc, if you ever need them.

Hey Paul I thought about that. But the Pro systems screw that goes there looks slightly different than the Holley one I dont know how it could be though...Maybe I'll just do that.

GI Joe

Reaction score
ran the car today for the first time
first run 6.18 @112.98

2nd run 1/4 mile 9.48 @ 143.56

Mike K

WANNA BE FAST
Reaction score
Nice! First time at the track with the new setup? If so that is impressive. How much more do you think is in it?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back