New 600 Cubic Inch 1000 hp motor build

wickdgt

Reaction score
Dave, good job driving it. 6.18 off the trailer, ha, ha. Then a 6.09 1/8 mile and 9.48 on the second pass not bad at all. Lets get the front end align. When we go out next time. We are going to bring up the two step up and the shift to 7000rpm and see what the motor likes, then we go from there. This is my prediction, if everything goes right and we get the right spot, on the motor I say car will run 5.90s 1/8 and 9.20's in the 1/4. Stay tune!!!

Edgar

GI Joe

Reaction score
Dave, good job driving it. 6.18 off the trailer, ha, ha. Then a 6.09 1/8 mile and 9.48 on the second pass not bad at all. Lets get the front end align. When we go out next time. We are going to bring up the two step up and the shift to 7000rpm and see what the motor likes, then we go from there. This is my prediction, if everything goes right and we get the right spot, on the motor I say car will run 5.90s 1/8 and 9.20's in the 1/4. Stay tune!!!

Edgar

oh yea thats right... for all your help too.....

GI Joe

Reaction score
Couple pics from the track

so the number say at 3825# that the car is making 885 to the wheels ( and acually more time clearly left in it because I short shifted and left too low on the converter...so I say for sure its got some 35's in it and 28's on a cool day.
But at 885 thats 82 hp loss through the tranny or about 8.75% loss

track3.jpg

track4.jpg

track.jpg

001.jpg

GI Joe

Reaction score
Nice, it will only get better also.

How was the DA?

I dont know because we forgot to check prior to leaving...also forgot my go PRo
:rant:
the track is at 183 ft and the temp was 83 DEW POINT WAS 60 AND HUMIDITY WAS 48%..Thats all the data I got for the day

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Mmm very nice. We need some more video of this car setup :)

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good God Man!! Do I need to go down there and video for you??!!

But you are right, I can hear it, and as I suspected, you can definitely hear you shifted early, which will make a big difference next time you go out. If you shift at 7200-7400 that will make a big difference because when you shifted at 6500, your rpm dropped too low.

GI Joe

Reaction score
Good God Man!! Do I need to go down there and video for you??!!

But you are right, I can hear it, and as I suspected, you can definitely hear you shifted early, which will make a big difference next time you go out. If you shift at 7200-7400 that will make a big difference because when you shifted at 6500, your rpm dropped too low.

yes I deserve shit for that crappy WALMART phone video..LOL but It had one of the best sounds for me to hear lauch and shift...LOL
Also
Paul if you listen close you can hear the same thing on the launch. Even at a4500 launch its not up on the converter as high as it could be...So yes, the shift point, and the launch rpm increased and a little help from the weather and I might get a nice surprise.

Back