New to S197FORUM

05moneypit

forum member
Reaction score
Don't really know why I didn't sign up on S197FORUM till recently. I've had my GT since November of 2004, been on the other mustang forums and yellowbullet for years. I know quite a few guys here already from the other forums.

Little history on the car. Bought it new in Nov of 04 and kept it stock until early 2006 then did the basic tune, exhaust and appearance thing. Spring of 2007 I got a Paxton Novi 2200 kit from Brenspeed and the obsession started. Car got totaled in early 2008 and I rebuilt it and it has continued to morph from there into more of drag car than a DD.

I've pretty much seen everything that can go wrong with one of these builds from my own personal experiance. Currently building the 4th short block for the car. First two were with a Teksid block that wouldn't keep the main bearings in it because of a bad line bore job by my machine shop. Last block was a WAP and we found the limit on how much power that block would take before it gave up. I had a TKO600 with a McLeod twin disc in it for awhile but it proved to be to hard on driveline parts with sticky tires. Switched to a PA 4R70 MVB with a brake and a 4200 stall PI converter.

Aside from building another short block this winter I am currently building a new rear that we are narrowing 1.5 inches with 9" flanges. Going with Moser 35 spline axles and a spool. Rear end that is in the car now has a Detriot locker, Moser 31 spline axles and FR 3.90 gears and has held up well for 3 years but it's time to get rid of the C clips.

Engine combo is a standard bore stroker at 10:1 cr. Heads have had extensive porting work and have all the normal performance parts. I run Comp stage 2 blower cams with a custom set of adjustable cam gears. Fuel sytem is now a return type with a trunk mounted cell and Aeromotive A1000 pump and race fuel. I'm still running the Novi 2200 but have done a bunch of mods to belt routing, eliminated AC, moved the PS pump to the AC location and run an electric WP without the belt on it. It has made 25psi of boost at 7200rpm. I've been doing my own tuning with the SCT pro racer software for the last couple years with a lot of help from Mike at PowerHouse Automotive.

Car has gone a best of 9.76 @ 140 with a 1.37 60' but I mostly just want to race a 10.50 index class with the http://www.renegaderacingassociation.com/index.html so I keep the boost to 20 PSI for that.

Here is a photobucket link to some pics of the car.

http://s763.photobucket.com/user/le...ibrary/?&_suid=136378785364705356114806923917

Here is a vid of the baseline dyno pull a couple years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6GKIxfnmfE

Sorry for the long intro post.

Lee

Last edited by a moderator:

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome, car looks sick man. Very interesting to see the transformation in your Photobucket pics.

downtime!

IAMKONABLUE
Reaction score
Welcome in Lee! I just joined over here a short while ago too. Looking forward to seeing the car run in May.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back