Oil pressure

Cossiedriver

Autobahn User
Reaction score
Hi folks
I wonder if anybody of you could tell me what oil pressure your 2011 5.0 will produce at these rpm's:

Idle, 2000 and 3000 and at which rpm the pressure reaches its peak and what is the maximum pressure....

I need to know this for a friend of mine who what's to use a 5.0 oilpump in his gt500

Thanks for your help guys

Joerg

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
5.0 oil pumps have been breaking a lot. Id keep his oil pump and put a set of billet hardened gears in it.

five0three

forum member
Reaction score
and that denotes "alot"? this is how the rumor mill starts grinding...

2010GT

forum member
Reaction score
The only oil pump issues I have heard was from a shitty dampner from a certain company, which caused harmonics to eat the oil pump. As far as I am concerned the 5.0 oil pumps are just fine. As for the Ops original question, I am not really sure what the pressures actually are.

Cossiedriver

Autobahn User
Reaction score
hm, it it would be nice if we could back to topic..... nobody with a oil pressure gauge in his 5.0?

2FST-4U

forum member
Reaction score
The only oil pump issues I have heard was from a shitty dampner from a certain company, which caused harmonics to eat the oil pump. As far as I am concerned the 5.0 oil pumps are just fine. As for the Ops original question, I am not really sure what the pressures actually are.

exactly what this gentleman said the only one that i have heard go out was the kenne bell car.. i have not seen or heard of any other 5.0 oil pumps fail. if any others have failed i have not seen anything on any of the forums.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back