On Menu: Heads, Cams, and a side of NO2

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
I'm about to start a fairly mild build and wanted to see your thoughts/opinions/criticism/etc.

Car: 2012 Mustang GT 300A 6M 3.73s

Current Mods:
JLT CAI & Catch Can on Pass. Side
BBR 91 Oct Tune
ARH 1 7/8" LTs with catted X Pipe
Flowmaster Hushpower

Somewhere in UPS: MGW Shifter

The plan:

I bought a set of Stage 3 Comp Cam NSR NA cams with limiters. I also have a set of heads on the way to Livernois to get CNC'ed. I was going to do Livernois Springs but would the Boss Springs be enough/ a better choice? For reassembly I was thinking or purchasing the Ford Racing Boss 302R Cylinder Head Change Kit M-6067-M50BR.

Currently sitting all over my living room is a Nitrous Outlet Hardline Kit, NO purge kit, NO Blow off tube, Nitrous Express Dual Stage Progressive Controller, and Nano 4500 Nitrous Assist system. Still want to buy a fuel pressure cutoff switch, the NHRA blow off valve, and an electronic pressure gauge. Still undecided as to how big of a shot I want (75?....100?). Any suggestions?

I'm looking into purchasing a set of 47 lb FRPP EV6 injectors. Would these be enough? Will I need any other upgrades to the fuel system such as KB BAP?

I've thought about adding a throttle body to the mix. The thought of the Boss intake manifold has also crossed my mind. Thoughts on either one of these?

I still have no idea what I'm going to do as far as tuning.

I will do suspension/ tires a bit down the road.

It'll be a weekend car with track visits at least once a month or more if time permits.

What do you all think?

BlackMamba03

forum member
Reaction score
There is hardly any difference between the GT and Boss springs. You should go with the Livernois springs. Also, if you're going with a nitrous kit then you'll need colder spark plugs. As for throttle bodies, there are a few good choices. I'd install the Boss manifold also. I'd look at Jon Lund or stick with BBR for tuning.

nenegt

forum member
Reaction score
You gonna have to post a video of that beast. We wanna hear that exhaust.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will let you know how his car is doing, my brother seems to have moved to Mexico....

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score
525aedb6.jpg

Almost.

08StangGT_CS

forum member
Reaction score

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good luck with a video i was 10 ft from the car and he wouldnt start it, lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back