On ramps for winter, LT header gaskets, trans maintenance

deezdrama

forum member
Reaction score
Im going to pull it and straighten it out, I ordered a 2" to 2 1/5” lap joint clamp and will high temp silicone the joint before clamping it.
Probably unnecessary but this would always bug me.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately that's what U bolt clamps do. Those pipes are crimped together now, you'll have a hell of a time getting those apart without cutting anything. It might leak but otherwise it should be fine, most H pipes have a smaller diameter crossover anyway.

deezdrama

forum member
Reaction score
Got the tune file today. No leaks and sounds pretty good to me wide open with no mufflers so i think ill be happy with the steeda branded stingers which by the way are 4 weeks out untill shipment ... Oh well, im not driving it for a few months.

On to the next project... Suspension.

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions!
:beer:

deezdrama

forum member
Reaction score
Been awhile..... just got the steeda axlebacks a couple weeks ago and got them installed yesterday.
Heres a comparison of muffler delete axlebacks and the steeda (borla stinger) axlebacks

No drone noticed at all. They are very deep but a little tame.... Im hoping they get a little louder once broke in but very happy with them so far. I kinda miss no mufflers but it was obnoxious on cold starts and sure the neighborhood hated me ;D
Last week with no mufflers I started my car at work to leave and about gave a guy a heart attack who was walking behind my car lol.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back