Paint sealant

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Sorry, going to whore nano resins again. Lasts 18mo-2 years or so. Can add gloss with reload sprays and add more hydrophobic properties.

No brainer. Take the time and protect your babies the right way :D

Detailing tech has evolved.

A few questions for you because I am super interested in this and feel stupid not knowing about it sooner.

1) Is this stuff okay to put on clearbras?
2) Is it still worth using if your paint is in less than ideal condition? Not totally torn up but say: a good amount of swirling (black car), some nasty rock chips here and there, not tons, but a few good ones that went down to the primer and two on the door that went straight down to the bare metal.
3) If i just touch up those spots and use the nano resin over it, would that actually be alright?
4) What happens if I apply this stuff to my windows? Does it make it super awesome and anti-fog?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
A few questions fore you because I am super interested in this and feel stupid not knowing about it sooner.

2) Is it still worth using if your paint is in less than ideal condition? Not totally torn up but say: a good amount of swirling (black car), some nasty rock chips here and there, not tons, but a few good ones that went down to the primer and two on the door that went straight down to the bare metal.
3) If i just touch up those spots and use the nano resin over it, would that actually be alright?
4) What happens if I apply this stuff to my windows? Does it make it super awesome and anti-fog?

1. Clear bra safe. The resin can protect all surfaces. Clear coat, trim, windows.

2. If you apply to less than perfect surface then you are protecting that surface. If you take a buffer to the car after the resin is on, its gone. Nothing else will remove it.

3. See above

4. Yes! It does awesome things to windows. I drove home in heavy rain, did not even need my wipers. Also look into their reload sprays.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Negative. It hardens up good. But you can still get water spots.

As for sealants, I just tried Vitreo. I liked it. It had to sit for a while, but the end result looked good.

Cooter

forum member
Reaction score
You guys better pick up some BlackFire Wet Diamond before ProperAutoCare closes down for good soon. Well, to get it at a discounted price. Someone else will pick up this line. No telling who yet.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You guys better pick up some BlackFire Wet Diamond before ProperAutoCare closes down for good soon. Well, to get it at a discounted price. Someone else will pick up this line. No telling who yet.

It's $25 bucks. Is this "discounted?" I'm just wondering as I've never bought or used it. Any discount codes?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

The Premium Finish Care Line, maybe?

I bought some and I hope I get it. I would imagine so anyways. I just can't see anyone letting the Blackfire line just die. It's became such a popular line in a very short time.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
A few questions for you because I am super interested in this and feel stupid not knowing about it sooner.

It would be crazy to put it on your car if you have swirls, etc. Buff all that stuff out first and then apply it so you have a nice finish that is protected AND swirl free. No point in locking in the swirls with the resin.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Keep in mind guys the Nano Resins also protect against swirls too. So if you have a less than perfect washing session, your chances of inducing swirls are diminished.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is a sealant necessary for a car that is always in the garage, gets driven about 4 times a month and never sees rain?? I compound only when needed and I use a good polish by hand and then a couple coats of NXT twice a season(Mar-Nov)..Regular cleanings in between with some spray wax..

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Is a sealant necessary for a car that is always in the garage, gets driven about 4 times a month and never sees rain?? I compound only when needed and I use a good polish by hand and then a couple coats of NXT twice a season(Mar-Nov)..Regular cleanings in between with some spray wax..

NXT is a sealant, not a very long lasting one though. You have a black car, you hood surface temperatures can get to over 200F in a summer's sun. Synthetics can usually withstand higher temps.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NXT is a sealant, not a very long lasting one though. You have a black car, you hood surface temperatures can get to over 200F in a summer's sun. Synthetics can usually withstand higher temps.

Oh shit, I thought is was like a wax..So I guess I am sealed, lol..:crazy:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Oh shit, I thought is was like a wax..So I guess I am sealed, lol..:crazy:

Not really... NXT is like the diet coke of sealants.

for about $5 more, you could order a better product that gives a nicer finish, and lasts longer. A lot of guys push Blackfire Wet Diamond. I've been pushing nano resins a lot, since theyre just that amazing, but not for everyone.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So basically its not that good?? Even though I love diet coke..haha..

Well, from a detailing snobs perspective not at all. You'd be amazed how good some of the online boutique products are vs. OTC and not too much more in cost.

NXT was designed for someone to wipe on and wipe off, for people who want more than what a basic wax offers, but arent really into durability, shine etc.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back