Paint sealant

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
HellsBells said:
Seer, thanks for your comprehensive explanation. And wow on the cost of the resin. Let me understand this though. Please correct me if I'm wrong:

1) Apply resin, $40 a pop, maybe more since I am clumsy at applying things in a thin coat. This will harden and create a protective layer that lasts, let's just be conservative and say one year, though you say 18-24 months is not uncommon. Would applying twice or three times create a thicker and longer lasting layer? Or is this a waste of money/time?

Even with waxes and sealants, thicker coats does not mean more protection or longer lasting. Once the product hazes and you wipe it off, only what remains on the paint is what you have protecting you. Anything more than a thin coat is a waste.

The resin applies in a different way. Damp MF cloth and spray 3-4 sprays on it, then spread in a 2'x2' area. Wait a few seconds wipe off, and repeat if needed. Removing is a little difficult, as it applies in a wet haze.

Apply the resin once, then use the booster spray as you see fit. If you layer a wax on top of it, you will gain the properties of that wax on top, until it wears away.

HellsBells said:
2) Then the refresher or booster spray. What exactly is that? Does that add to the resin and layers on another coat? Or does it just spruce it up to make it shiny? And if so, without the booster spray, does the finish look dull?

There truly is no such thing as layering, get that Zaino marketing out of your head please. It boosts the durability, adds a deep shine, adds strong anti static and hydrophobic properties to the top finish. Without the booster (Reload) spray it looks like an extremely reflective finish. Looks a lot like Zaino, Blackfire Wet Diamond etc.

HellsBells said:
3) Can you reapply more resin at anytime or must you wait until the previous application wears off or you buff it off? And by buff it off (to remove it) do you mean this requires a DA? Or can you buff it by hand?

The resin needs a bare surface to bond to, so "layering" coats on top of it is not really possible. You need an abrasive chemical to remove it, i.e. like a Polish, Compound, along with a polishing pad. Buffing with your hand is just asking for micromarring, so I'd recommend a DA.

I'll add another question. When the resin starts to wear off (if you don't buff it off) will it look like clear coat pealing off since it probably won't wear off evenly? Or does it just wear off and disappear evenly?

No, its just like a wax or a sealant in this sense, it just starts to disapear.

This resin stuff sounds like the way to go, and like you stated will make sealants a thing of the past.

Call me stupid, but you can still layer a wax on top of the resin stuff correct?

You can, but you tend to temporarily lose the properties of the resin. The booster sprays really let it mimic most high end carnaubas.

Last edited:

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Ever since I got my porter cable and pads I throw down 1-2 coats of Poorboy's EX-P sealant and let it cure between each coat, followed by Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26. Any thoughts on this combo/how it can be improved?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Ever since I got my porter cable and pads I throw down 1-2 coats of Poorboy's EX-P sealant and let it cure between each coat, followed by Meguiars Mirror Glaze #26. Any thoughts on this combo/how it can be improved?

plenty of ways, depends on your budget. I know this isnt helpful at first, but depending how you answer certain questions, will depend on how much improvement you will get.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of Wolfgang Sealant? Is it any good?
I am actually selling a bottle of it slightly used. The 3.0 variant is good for the money. Looks a lot like blackfire but buffs off easier

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
BFWD walks on water, turns water into wine, destroys entire cities, has x-ray vision, has a 14 inch dick, cures cancer, creates life, has it's on dimension, and if you put it on your body you become invincible.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
BFWD walks on water, turns water into wine, destroys entire cities, has x-ray vision, has a 14 inch dick, cures cancer, creates life, has it's on dimension, and if you put it on your body you become invincible.

Nano resins, can walk on fire, turn water into beer (better imo), destroy entire continents, no need for x-ray vision it makes women's clothing just fall off, has 3 20" penises, kicks cancer in the ass, creates life and destroys it, has multiple time traveling dimensions and if applied to your body turns you into a Seer :D

j/k

This was a fun and pointless post.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

:roflmao::roflmao:

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Nano resins, can walk on fire, turn water into beer (better imo), destroy entire continents, no need for x-ray vision it makes women's clothing just fall off, has 3 20" penises, kicks cancer in the ass, creates life and destroys it, has multiple time traveling dimensions and if applied to your body turns you into a Seer :D

j/k

This was a fun and pointless post.

Well, the idea of that resin makes me sad because you answered that wax takes away the properties. Does that make my Dodo supernatural worthless if the car has the resin sealer?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Well, the idea of that resin makes me sad because you answered that wax takes away the properties. Does that make my Dodo supernatural worthless if the car has the resin sealer?

It doesn't remove the property permenantly. But the wax would be sitting on top.

If a bird took a poo on your car, it will eat through the wax, but the resin would still be there protecting the paint.

What would you lose is the immense water sheeting effects until the wax wore off.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
plenty of ways, depends on your budget. I know this isnt helpful at first, but depending how you answer certain questions, will depend on how much improvement you will get.

Well I'm not at the level where I can afford a $2,000 bottle of wax...even if it is refillable for life, but I've got maybe....$500 tied up in my PC, pads, and microfibers....then maybe another $500 in actual detailing supplies. I'm interested in the nano sealant i've heard you talk about before, sounds like that shit kicks ass and is worth the $60.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Well I'm not at the level where I can afford a $2,000 bottle of wax...even if it is refillable for life, but I've got maybe....$500 tied up in my PC, pads, and microfibers....then maybe another $500 in actual detailing supplies. I'm interested in the nano sealant i've heard you talk about before, sounds like that shit kicks ass and is worth the $60.

That it is :D

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score
Just gonna post some pics of the detail job I did over the weekend since I want to whore out Poor Boy's black hole. The car was very swirled before and the improvement is amazing. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics.

Wash
Claybar
Poor Boy's black hole (Done with PC and white pad)
Dodo Juice Blue Velvet
Lucas Slick Mist

IMG005.jpg

IMG006.jpg

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I am actually selling a bottle of it slightly used. The 3.0 variant is good for the money. Looks a lot like blackfire but buffs off easier

IMO Blackfire Wet Diamond is slightly better but Wolfgang 3.0 is still right there. It's a good product without a doubt. Give me the choice of the two and I'm taking BFWD.

Oh Ok so it is good but if I Wanted a better one I should go with blackfire. :thanks1: for the answers Seer, NastyStang and DKS!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Oh Ok so it is good but if I Wanted a better one I should go with blackfire. :thanks1: for the answers Seer, NastyStang and DKS!

Theyre pretty similar in appearance. Wolfgang wanted a deep looking Sealant, when they did their 3.0 formulation. From what the forums say, they went after sealants like blackfire when they made it.

Both are awesome products.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back