QUESTION!

281express

forum member
Reaction score
so ah does anybody wash their car with car wash soap with wax...and then they wax? or do you use regular car wash soap w/o wax then you wax....cuz i want a mirror finish but right now im using turtle wax carwash soap with wax followed by turtle wax itself but i notice when i wax the car it takes away the finish from the carwash wax so then i put on a quick detailer but ive only done this once so yeah..opinions

Redwolf

Reaction score
First of all, get away from Turtle Wax products. The top brands are Mothers, Meguires, and Zaino. I use the "Reflections Top Coat" series in Mothers brand. The other two brands are top notch also. Wash your car with a quality wash from Mothers, Meguires, or Blue Coral without wax. Buy a Mothers Clay Bar, follow the directions, then wax the car with a liquid wax. Also be sure to use only microfiber towels to wash, dry, and for applying and removing wax. The spray that comes with the clay bar is also a detail spray to use anytime the car gets light dust on it.

flaming70vw

forum member
Reaction score
There have been some good write ups on here. So try and find those. At least your waxing, but the turtle will not make her shine. I have used Klaase and Poor Boys with great results. The better stuff is also easier to work with.

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I tend not to use any of the products sold at autozone or retailers like that, but the one product I will use when I'm out of my optimum wash is meguiars gold class car wash, its a real thick-syrup like soap which is what you want, its very slick and leaves a nice finsh after the wash. The only wax I use on my car personally Pinnacle Souveran, if I had to use one from the store though I guess it would be the meguiars NXT wax 2.0, I used it a while back and it worked pretty well, just a little tough to get off. Stay away from all those turtle products and their cover up brand "ice" products, all that stuff is garbage.

Thanks,
Ryan

pwd72s

forum member
Reaction score
I agree with the others...back in my concours d' elegance days, as a joke, I'd place an old can of turtle wax & a washcloth near the cars. Meguires or Mothers for me...usually a coat of cleaner wax, followed by a coat of pure carnuba.

Don't know if I'll be as fussy with this Bullitt tho...this one's gonna be a driver. I'm done with garage queens.

Last edited:

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I tend not to use any of the products sold at autozone or retailers like that, but the one product I will use when I'm out of my optimum wash is meguiars gold class car wash, its a real thick-syrup like soap which is what you want, its very slick and leaves a nice finsh after the wash. The only wax I use on my car personally Pinnacle Souveran, if I had to use one from the store though I guess it would be the meguiars NXT wax 2.0, I used it a while back and it worked pretty well, just a little tough to get off. Stay away from all those turtle products and their cover up brand "ice" products, all that stuff is garbage.

Thanks,
Ryan

How do you like the pinnacle wax?

Right now I'm using bananna gloss with petes 53 and it's absolutely stellar but I've always wondered how pinnacle souveran would compare.

Btw turtle wax is pretty lame... The only thing I use from them that's worth a damn is the F21 interior detailer and the bug & tar remover.

paydirt

Roll Racer
Reaction score
dude the pinnacle wax is phenominal if your looking for something to give you an instant gloss and shine. Its longevity isn't so great though, I usually re-apply everything 3 to 4 weeks depending on how much I use the car, its an easy on easy off process though that smells great and has great results every time.

Racer X

forum member
Reaction score
Zaino, Zaino, Zaino. I have used EVERY product you can think of during my illustrious car ownership career. I got some Zaino car wash, and some of their other products plus some of their border-free towels. Holy Shit! Best stuff money can buy, AWESOME results, bar none. $25 for 3 towels, worth every penny. www.zainobros.com

LuckyH

forum member
Reaction score
3487533811_3513462fb5_b.jpg

3487542395_7880f0dfab_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3663/3487542395_7880f0dfab_b.jpg
3488617809_b306c8fbde_b.jpg

I use Klasse products and they hide light swirling/scratches very well. The only thing is that the Klasse All In One is a cleaner. Do not use this after you have put wax/glaze down as it will remove it. Also from what i understand AIO cannot be layered only the sealent glaze (SG). However once the cleaner (AIO) is used you can use products to bring out the depth, i would suggest using natty's (or another quality color/depth enhancer). I've seen great results with natty's when used on dark cars, it really brings out the depth (if you have a light color car it's near impossible to get the depth of dark color cars, normally your paint will just look more shiny or "wet"). And then top with SG. I live in florida and during the summer months Meguiars gold class, meg. high tec yellow #26, and NXT 2.0 have not been nearly as durable as the SG. Another thing is a lot of your off the shelf waxes will have some sort of cleaner in them. These can and will take sg (and whatever is below it i.e. nattys) off. I've done it with NXT 2.0 within the past month just to try it out and see how well the NXT 2.0 holds up in comparison. Also some car wash soaps can do it as well (the mr. clean has been the worst in my experience, takes wax off within a few uses), i would recomend using meguiars gold class, it foams really well and seems to provide good lubrication. To keep the swirl marks minimal i would use the "two bucket method". Go get two 5gal. buckets from lowes/home depot. Use one for soap and the other to rinse your sponge/rag of dirt . Also they sell grit guards which will keep the dirt from agitating and keep it at the bottom when you use either bucket.

Cliffnotes- Use two bucket method. What wax you should use depends on how much its exposed to the elements and what color your car is.

doogie

forum member
Reaction score
dude the pinnacle wax is phenominal if your looking for something to give you an instant gloss and shine. Its longevity isn't so great though, I usually re-apply everything 3 to 4 weeks depending on how much I use the car, its an easy on easy off process though that smells great and has great results every time.

I bought the Pinnacle wax based on my brother's recommendation and I could not agree more!! It is not cheap, but goes on like butter and makes a for a great finish as my Alloy paint has never popped like it did after applying this stuff. I applied Menzerna micro polish first with a Flex DA and the final result was unbelievable!

Topdownnospoiler2.jpg

GTfront.jpg

I also use the Klass All-in-One for our 2 Honda DD's and it works great. Easy on with the polisher and leaves a nice, fairly durable finish.

281express

forum member
Reaction score
the car is black....garaged at home everyday...short drive to school like 9 miles so that and when it sits in the parking structure...thats its exposed time to the elements

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
I wash mine with my own bucket and Meguiars soap, and once a month I clay with Meguiars and wax with NXT 2.0. I've been using it for years and I like how it works. I wish I could get some more high end stuff but this does the trick for my budget.

DSC00266.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00268.jpg

IMG00080.jpg

DSC09996.jpg

Last edited:

281express

forum member
Reaction score
ok so i just notced that in the afternoon i could see all of the horrible swirl lines..and theres a lot of them! like the previous owner had fun with the buffer every wash..do you guys think a clay and carnuba would clean it up? or scratchXthe whole car?

281express

forum member
Reaction score
well imma wait till mid spring to actually detail thoroughly but i saw on another forum that this is howi t goes....
1. Wash
2. Clay
3. Clean - DC#1, with ScratchX for swirls.
4. Polish - DC#2
5. Wax - DC#3, or your favorite wax.
6. Wax - Remember two coats of wax is recommended.

soooo what do you guys think?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back