Quick pulley question

Cmarris

Reaction score
I got a 2005 gt with intake, charge plate deletes, longtubes, off-road xpipe, 4.10's and a tune. Was looking at picking up a set of underdrive pulleys and wondering if it would really be worth it with the other mods I have done, thanks in advance

JUSTA3V

Moar Throttle!
Reaction score
You're going to get opinions on both sides. I personally put a set on and liked them. I felt the car rev quicker and had no negative side affects. I had the same mods as you.

Others will tell you they do nothing and to save your money for twin turbos or something.

Gh0stRep0rt

forum member
Reaction score
Dont spend the money for new ones, if you can find the one you want used and cheap get them lol. Thats what i did.
You wont notice any power change on the car, now if you are planning of going s/c later on. Than dont waste your money on the pulley.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I got a 2005 gt with intake, charge plate deletes, longtubes, off-road xpipe, 4.10's and a tune. Was looking at picking up a set of underdrive pulleys and wondering if it would really be worth it with the other mods I have done, thanks in advance

Underdrive pulleys will net an 8-10rwhp gain with no downside so as long as you don't plan to add a supercharger later on, go for it. Make sure you buy top brand pulleys that are SFI approved e.g. Steeda, BBK.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Felt they were not worth it for this car, later removed. Based on your mods I would suggest maybe aluminum driveshaft for next mod.

SpecOps13

3rd Childhood Thing
Reaction score
I put Roush under drive pulleys on my 05. It also has 4.10 gears. The AC was blowing sub 30 degrees before and is now mid to upper 30's. Didn't notice any power gain in the seat of the pants. Charging and Engine Temp about the same.

slow06stang

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I did not notice a difference. I later removed them for Pro Charger install. Figure out what you want to do with car and go from there. You will find some parts are a waste of money and have to be removed for other stuff to work. Good luck

W1ldcat

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do the aluminum driveshaft. You would be surprised how heavy the stock is. A great mod.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Is this tech?

I would just go electric H2O pump. You will probably free up just as much power as underdrives without losing any AC efficiency or decreased electrical output. And increase cooling capacity. Best of both worlds IMO.

Back