rear emblem repaint(pretty sick)

myeleanor

Resident Shrink
Reaction score
spoiler3.jpg

stock05

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this with a black mustang with silver stripes ? I'm wondering how it would look on mine, but unsure how it will look with the silver and everything else blacked out.

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
The link for this diy is not working. The site is down for maintenance or something. How do you remove the emblem and put it back on? What grit sandpaper do you use to rough up the chrome?

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The link for this diy is not working. The site is down for maintenance or something. How do you remove the emblem and put it back on? What grit sandpaper do you use to rough up the chrome?

there is a write up on how to remove it, somebody did the same thing with a black one, and if i can remember right they took it off with like fishing line, all it is, is double sided tape that is holding it on.

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
That or take like a flat head and put a shamee underneath the flathead and go along all sides untill it pops off and no it doesn't scratch paint if done RIGHT. You could always use a fishing line if not comfortable like said before but I personally didn't like that trick.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score

Dude its so simple and easy. I used some fishing line and with a sawing motion took it off. There are two alignment pins in the middle, so realize that when sawing through it. Start at top, then go to middle, then go to the sides and bottom. Mine was off in like two minutes......really easy. I then used some goof off to clean off the gouey residue. I used some fine grit paper I had in the garage, not sure of the number. I then sprayed it with some black spray paint meant for plastic. I did not clear coat as I tried that on my GT's and it added a greyish tint I did not like. I used some double stick tape I got from Napa for body molding to mount.

Its a really easy mod and takes very little time. Go for it.

patrick

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I did this a few weeks ago. I used satin black paint instead of flat black. Flat looked too gray to me and gloss looked too plasticy. Pretty easy mod. I think it turned out pretty well. Here are some pics:

PA140036.jpg
PA140037-1.jpg

Looks great man !

07BLACKStang

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got all the supplies to do it this weekend I am also going to tint the tail lights and install the clear corners on the front. Can't wait till its done! Thanks for the tips guys!

Reaction score
It's the California Special rear bumper. The diffuser and bumper are one piece.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

DirtyDan

Perpetual Propulsion
Reaction score
These came out pretty good... however I just bought a flat black blackout panel and I kinda think it would look crappy to paint it black now... the factory chrome doesn't look bad though, it'll go with my new wheels being chrome. Haha!

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Did you paint a silver ring around the center of the emblem?
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Nope masked off the center of it. That's the trim ford had around the stock one.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can buy the front pony already painted from a lot of vendors.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back