Ride Height Issue with 05-10 Struts on 11-14 Mustang

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
We typically see about a 1/2" rake with our springs.

Typical ride height for a 2011+GT is:

Front: 28.550" - 28.875"
Rear: 29.450" - 29.550"

So yes, even with lowering the rear 1/4" more...you will still have a rake.

Just went out and measured. I'm actually 1" lower in the front than the rear. I think the OP is onto something when with using the 05 to 10 struts. Having the rake doesn't bother me but it is definetly noticeable.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ran out to the parking lot and took a picture of my Pony.

Steeda Ultralite Springs, Maximum Motorsports Caster/camber plates, and Koni Yellows. I'm running '05-10 front struts with the adapters from Maximum. This is how my car sits.

uploadfromtaptalk1369171829980.jpg

The front does not seem too low to me at all. What CC plates. And stut mounts is everyone running?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ran out to the parking lot and took a picture of my Pony.

Steeda Ultralite Springs, Maximum Motorsports Caster/camber plates, and Koni Yellows. I'm running '05-10 front struts with the adapters from Maximum. This is how my car sits.

View attachment 42175

The front does not seem too low to me at all. What CC plates. And stut mounts is everyone running?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

GT500 strut mounts.

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
The common denominator is definitely the struts themselves. My car sits lower in the front with the str's than it did without. I ran my FRPP p springs for about 15k miles before swapping them with the 05-10 Koni strt struts. I'm thinking about getting FRPP k springs for the rear only to level it out a little and calling it a day. There is no issue whatsoever with the ride height or handling, just that I think my car looks a little funny and even with the 1" drop front and rear there is still a large gap between my fender and tire in the rear

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just did some measuring.

Koni's are 1/4" shorter.

I love my job. (Playing Inspector Gadget)

Hani

forum member
Reaction score
Good info on this thread especially that I'm upgrading suspension soon.

Koni's are 1/4" shorter.

Great job you have :thumb:

is this for both Koni's 05-10 and Koni's 11-14 being shorter than OEM struts?

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score

Koni's are 1/4" shorter.

Interesting. Thanks for taking the measurements.

Edit: to be clear - do you mean that all Koni's are 1/4" shorter than their OEM variants, that the 05-10 Konis are 1/4" shorter than the 11+ Konis, or that the 05-10 Konis are shorter than the 11+ OEM struts?

Last edited:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why isn't my car sitting too low in the front, then? Is it because of the adapters that Maximum Motorsports provided with my plates?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
From Left to right:

2011+ Stock / 2011+ Koni / 05-10 Stock / 05-10 Koni

The Koni's both measured the same, from upper strut bolt to lower spring perch.

The stockers both measured within 1/16", from the same upper strut bolt to the perch.

As you can see, I set the calipers to the length of the stockers, and compared it to the Koni's....and it appears the Koni's are atleast 1/4" (more around 5/16") shorter. That should almost be a linear effect, causing the front to be roughly 1/4" lower with the Koni's.Glad I could help.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Sky, your front doesn't seem too low.....but your car definitely has a decent rake to it.

I would say it had a little more rake than it should, but I can say that these cars work well with rake, so I wouldnt be worried at all.

Here is another pic of a similar car, with the same springs. It may be just me, but your car definitely sits different than this one:

2011-09-26_08-25-59_479.jpg

3vstang

forum member
Reaction score
I installed sportlines in January. Put the koni yellows on about a month ago and also noticed a slight drop up front. I like it though. Actually, I'd like to go lower.

Thanks for the measurement Kelly.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sky, your front doesn't seem too low.....but your car definitely has a decent rake to it.

I would say it had a little more rake than it should, but I can say that these cars work well with rake, so I wouldnt be worried at all.

Here is another pic of a similar car, with the same springs. It may be just me, but your car definitely sits different than this one:

2011-09-26_08-25-59_479.jpg

The car had a rake from the factory, so I just assumed it was still supposed to have one with the lowering springs!

I have had difficulty getting it on a 2-post lift before. I had to drive the front wheels up on boards...

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I know they have rake, stock, but yours seems to be a little more pronounced.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'm not worried about it. I also think the -2.0 degrees of negative camber I have up front makes it look a bit lower than it actually is.

fun4me

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I though my car looked lower than the 1.1" that Hotchkis advertises, but never cared cause it looks good.

Now, someone just has to chech the other struts availabel for this chassis.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back