Shelby Wheels! Get them While they last!

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Hey Cam, MRT has 05-09 GT500 new full long blocks for sale for what I think is 7900. I'm heading to MI so let me know, I could grab one for ya and trailer it back down. Just give them a call.

That's not a bad price at all for the longblock. Does that include the new wiring harness for the 4.6 to 5.4 conversion?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Hey Cam, MRT has 05-09 GT500 new full long blocks for sale for what I think is 7900. I'm heading to MI so let me know, I could grab one for ya and trailer it back down. Just give them a call.

I appreciate it man. I'll let you know, but buying the entire donor may be easier since it will have it all together.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Funny

I never bought my wheels to sell
But I have followed used Super Snake wheels on ebay and other forums

You couldnt touch these wheels for less then 1k per wheel used and some even had a small amount of rash and still brought over 1k

Seems odd that they wont sell for that on e bay now?
I have seen the the wheels selling for $3500.00 Tops
one guys auction didint meet the reserve he topped out at $2750.00 in bids. But he did want $300 in shipping

But all of the wheels at $3800 and $3900 are not selling with Buy it now

just thought it was an interesting observation

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
CA_12191211065666-L.jpg

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Many of these guys bought wheels to profit off them. There are few if not many aftermarket parts that appreciate in value. People are crazy who bought like 4 sets of these wheels to sell them later. Call me a jackass if I end up wrong but a $10k initial investment in wheels... That's just comical.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Many of these guys bought wheels to profit off them. There are few if not many aftermarket parts that appreciate in value. People are crazy who bought like 4 sets of these wheels to sell them later. Call me a jackass if I end up wrong but a $10k initial investment in wheels... That's just comical.

I think the original wheels would have been a good investment, and highly collectible, but this last run has turned into the '94 Pace Car of wheels. Everyone and their dog bought them as investments and now the market will almost forever be flooded with "brand new" alcoas that everyone thought would be worth a ton of money because they're so rare. The reality is, they're not rare at all now as everyone (and their dog) has a new set tucked away (except me).

I'm curious to see how it plays out over the next few years. I personally don't think this is the last run of Alcoas we'll see out of Shelby. I really do want a set because I think they look killer, but not because I think they have any sort of collectible value. I don't personally care if everyone on my block had them on their car, I want them on mine, and that's all that matters to me.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score

Cam
I couldnt agree more, I have to bet the guys buying them to make a profit are kicking themselves now.
I will say,I feel what we paid is a fair price for a Alcoa Forged wheels.
But now I wonder if this will kill the value of original SS wheels?

I found a local guy with a set never mounted and are black from Shelby
I like the idea of the factory finish being black versus me powder coating my new wheels. But we are still off on his asking price.

I think the original wheels would have been a good investment, and highly collectible, but this last run has turned into the '94 Pace Car of wheels. Everyone and their dog bought them as investments and now the market will almost forever be flooded with "brand new" alcoas that everyone thought would be worth a ton of money because they're so rare. The reality is, they're not rare at all now as everyone (and their dog) has a new set tucked away (except me).

I'm curious to see how it plays out over the next few years. I personally don't think this is the last run of Alcoas we'll see out of Shelby. I really do want a set because I think they look killer, but not because I think they have any sort of collectible value. I don't personally care if everyone on my block had them on their car, I want them on mine, and that's all that matters to me.

I also bought these because I think they are one of the better looking wheels on our cars.
I hope you score a set
And I also hope they continue to produce these wheels in the future

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
My guess is that the SS Alcoas will keep value since that engraving is much desired. The black Alcoas will be worth a lot more, since its factory done. I would like to powder my new ones black if I end up picking up a 12' GT500, but not sure yet.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I'm just going to wait until one of these people needs to sell their 50th Ann. wheels because they're hurting for money, then BAM! I'll have the right wheels for my car. My car is a '12, so I kinda like the 50th anniversary script on the reissues.

If any of you guys need a grand in a bad way, hit me up... lol.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
I'm just going to wait until one of these people needs to sell their 50th Ann. wheels because they're hurting for money, then BAM! I'll have the right wheels for my car. My car is a '12, so I kinda like the 50th anniversary script on the reissues.

If any of you guys need a grand in a bad way, hit me up... lol.

That is funny.

I'll match that offer and raise you $1500.

is that above and beyond what I paid?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
gotcha yea my total was like $2650.00 shipped

And that's what I want to pay. Did you buy caps as well? I've got a "buddy" trying to sell me a set saying he's in them $3k right from Shelby. I'm not buying it (or them) for a second.

Makdaddy

I am Dysfunctional
Reaction score
Yea that was with center caps. Shit they are like $160 just for them

That's some buddy you got. I could see maybe a couple hundred more then he paid

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Paid $2,574.92 delivered with the caps

Did not buy them as an "investment" bought them to put on the car. But gotta wait until I can find some more cash for the rubber

CA_12191211065259-L.jpg

CA_12191211070039-L.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back