Shelby Wheels! Get them While they last!

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
It was mentioned recently in a thread they are around 36 lbs each. Just short of a boat anchor.I would like for someone to verify that though.

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Whats the point of stocking up on these (statement). They will never gain the value the originals did for a few reasons: More quanity produced, different engraving and doesnt even say "Alcoa" on them, less "authentic" for the kool aid drinking Shelby owners, and the reasons just dont make me want to buy a set for myself nor for investment.

Also, Shelby hasnt even released its non-preorder inventory yet. So soon as they do the prices will drastically drop and the investors will start dropping prices to liquidate on their investment so they dont lose bigtime

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I agree. I plan to use mine in the future or sell them to a personal friend who agreed to buy them from me for what I paid. I've been watching the sets on eBay and they are going for $3,750 +/- That is over a $1,000 markup.

Greed, I hope it comes back and bites many in the ass.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Not worth the price.

Your right they really aren't. They are one of my top favorite wheels as far as looks on the S197 but that's literally all they have. The width offered is lame, and the offset and backspacing doesn't make sense.:crazy: I bought them with the intention of putting them on a Shelby in the future but decided that another wheel with better specs would be correct instead.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I really really wanted a set, but in the end, their weight and offset really turned me off. I decided to go with a nice square 20x10 silver Avant Garde M310 set. Not forged and not as cool, but half the price and better fitment.

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Hopefully Kool-Aid time will come to an end soon

kool-aid.gif

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
I would love to have a set, but I drive my car a lot and I'm not putting a $3500+ set of wheels on just to screw them up on the streets.

However, if I can get them for under $2k I might have to think about it. lol

Cobra Drifter

Carbon Driven™
Reaction score
Doubt they will ever sell for less than new prices unless its a used set. Maybe you can get lucky and get a new set for same as new purchase price

My new build wont accomidate these wheels anymore so I opted not to buy nor invest.

46Tbird

forum member
Reaction score
Used is fine. Most of those guys don't do much more than polish the paint anyway, lol.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I really really wanted a set, but in the end, their weight and offset really turned me off. I decided to go with a nice square 20x10 silver Avant Garde M310 set. Not forged and not as cool, but half the price and better fitment.

As much as I like your 18x10 square setup, I think that the AG's will look perfect on your car. I'm really trying to find another type of wheel to go with other than F14's or RTR's but the styling and price is too good to overlook.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back