So I'm search retarded...

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I can never find what I'm looking for so I'll just ask this question that's most likely been asked 100 times already. Here lately I've really been banging the axle on hard take off so I want some lca relocation brackets to correct my geometry (lowered about 2"). Can I get by with stock lca's? I really don't want to fuck with the adjustable lcas and and upper mount.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
If you're lowered that much I'd say you need to adjust the pinion angle, and the only way I know to do that is with adjustable upper control arm. Some people do the adjustable lowers too. I haven't yet, but I have the BMR adjustable UCA and their mount. Beefy stuff.

20151209_BMR-UCA6.JPG 20160702_BMR_UCA-7.JPG

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
I've been running these springs for 3 years though. Will the lca brackets throw my shit outta whack?

Anti

forum member
Reaction score
While Gabe is not wrong, I have the bmr relo brackets on mine. I am launching hard all the time. I drive it like I stole it and have stock lca's. No issues.

Last edited:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Well, rear LCA relo brackets have the job of changing the angle of the rear LCAs, with the target being the rear mounting point to be lower than the front. This plants the rear tires into the ground on a hard launch.
I can see that causing a change in the pinion angle, so that's something where adjustable LCAs would be able to "adjust" to the required length. If my tired brain has it right, for the rear axle to not rotate at all when using LCA relo brackets, the LCAs would need to be longer if mounted to a lower-than-stock point in the rear.

So they do different things. But after doing one (the relo brackets), you kinda should do the other (adjustable UCA or LCA) to correct pinion angle.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Well, rear LCA relo brackets have the job of changing the angle of the rear LCAs, with the target being the rear mounting point to be lower than the front. This plants the rear tires into the ground on a hard launch.
I can see that causing a change in the pinion angle, so that's something where adjustable LCAs would be able to "adjust" to the required length. If my tired brain has it right, for the rear axle to not rotate at all when using LCA relo brackets, the LCAs would need to be longer if mounted to a lower-than-stock point in the rear.

So they do different things. But after doing one (the relo brackets), you kinda should do the other (adjustable UCA or LCA) to correct pinion angle.
The way my drunk brain is working, my pinion angle is currently fucked up due to the 2" lowering springs. I'm just wondering if the lca brackets will increse the fuckery.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, UMI makes a non adjustable UCA that is a little shorter just for lowered S197s. If you are lowered 2” did you trim the jounce stops?

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
As Midlife Crisis asked:
Did you cut your bumpstops after lowering the car?
That sounds exactly like your issue.

Steeda also used to make a fixed length upper control arm for lowered cars as well.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
I can never find what I'm looking for so I'll just ask this question that's most likely been asked 100 times already. Here lately I've really been banging the axle on hard take off so I want some lca relocation brackets to correct my geometry (lowered about 2"). Can I get by with stock lca's? I really don't want to fuck with the adjustable lcas and and upper mount.

Yes, you CAN use your stock LCAs. The relocation brackets are designed for fixed length LCAs so you'd be OK to use either the middle or even the lower bolt holes.
It's the lowering springs that alter the pinion angle and you need an adjustable UCA to correct it. You'll also definitely need to trim the jounce stops because you'll otherwise be hitting them well before the springs are in full compression.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
my :2cents: if you lower the car 2" you should make the needed upgrades to fix your pinion

angle.

this is a great resource I've posted countless time.

http://cherod.com/mustang/HowTo/LCA _adj.htm

image002.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back