Spark blowout

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
Alll of you running big boost 22+ pounds what are you galling ou plugs at . I was having belts lip issues but the car still falls on its face up top

I run the ngk gapped at.28. Should the gaps be closed up more .

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
Alll of you running big boost 22+ pounds what are you galling ou plugs at . I was having belts lip issues but the car still falls on its face up top

I run the ngk gapped at.28. Should the gaps be closed up more .

You can definately close it up more and it will likely help but if you daily drive the car you may want to consider two sets of plugs, one for the track and one for the street as it may start to foul if it sits in traffic.

I gap at .032.

I suspect when you get on the dyno you will see the reults of spark blowout at the boost levels you are planning to run, and although you may not feel it driving around it can be seen in the dyno graph.

Are you running 2 step colder plugs? At 22+ psi you might need to drop down a heat range.

Dropping a heat range won't help spark blowout, but it should help to control detonation.

I presume you mean .028
I'm at 20-21 and run .028 as per Jon Lunds recommendation.

I dropped mine while the car was on the dyno from .032 to .028 and while it did help there was still blowout happening, however I agree that for a daily driven car .026-.028 would be as low as I would want to go otherwise fouling may become an issue.

gt08vapor

forum member
Reaction score
My first post was on my phone, sorry for it being so crappy. I use one step colder gaped at .028 the car is in kill mode always. i think i will gap them down a bit and see how she goes.

You could boost 2+ cars with that much. Nice!

i am maxing my D1 out, i need a F1c

Last edited by a moderator:
Back