Suggestions: 18/19" Square setups with a lip

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
So I was going to go staggered with the Vossens, but decided that I would really like a square setup instead. I am looking at a couple possible options, but would like to see some suggestions too.

I am looking for either a 18" or 19" with a width of 10 all around. I would like the wheels to have a large lip too.

So far my top pick is a set of CCW Classics, but I am curious to see what else I could get for that money or less.

728631192_MzZjf-L.jpg

I don't mind a wait time either for something custom, since I don't plan to mount them till spring.

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
thats crazy because all morning i was actually looking for the same thing, and was actually really intrigued by this picture. Have you looked at some sp500's, you can never go wrong with ccw classics. I was thinking for the time being to get my fix i might just run LMR's 18x10 +40 fr500. A little bit more aggressive offset and super cheap

sub'd

neema

forum member
Reaction score
Nice first preference. CCW classics are great at oozing performance and class at the same time. if you don't have big brembo calipers up front, you should be able to get big lips all around. if you're considering CCWs, then consider jongbloeds:

dsc0040el7.jpg

GT700KRontrack.jpg

you could get forgestars too

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I looked at the sp500's but only like them staggered. The joegbloods are nice too but I love a mesh pattern, I contacted ccw a while ago about bbk's and the classics and while we both think they won't fit properly with say my brembos i am opting for a really aggressive offset so it could possibly work. If not then I may look at smaller brakes. I really love the way the classics look all together but can't decide on a finish, satin silver, hyper silver, hyper black.... Just not sure.

neema

forum member
Reaction score
the classics are a timeless wheel, and no one really has them on here. if you pull off the right width and tire height, they could look really cool. if you man up for an aggressive offset, camber will be your friend in the front. with a modest camber setting (2.0º) you should be able to run an 18x10 et 30 all day long. i run 19x10 et 28 at that camber setting and the tire tucks in nicely at the top of the fender with a 285. if i were to run 18s, i'd go for square 18x10.5s with different offsets front and rear (so it really fits correctly) and run a 305/35/18. camber will be needed. otherwise, the offset needed to clear your brembos up front will poke substantially more in the back when there's really plenty of room in the fender to go a little more inboard.

just thinking about it makes me second guess why i'm getting 20s!

06gtmustang316

forum member
Reaction score
the classics are a timeless wheel, and no one really has them on here. if you pull off the right width and tire height, they could look really cool. if you man up for an aggressive offset, camber will be your friend in the front. with a modest camber setting (2.0º) you should be able to run an 18x10 et 30 all day long. i run 19x10 et 28 at that camber setting and the tire tucks in nicely at the top of the fender with a 285. if i were to run 18s, i'd go for square 18x10.5s with different offsets front and rear (so it really fits correctly) and run a 305/35/18. camber will be needed. otherwise, the offset needed to clear your brembos up front will poke substantially more in the back when there's really plenty of room in the fender to go a little more inboard.

just thinking about it makes me second guess why i'm getting 20s!

hey man i was looking at 18x10 +25 and its good to see that you are running a 19x10 +28 and able to tuck a 285! It gives me a better understanding that i won't have too bad of a problem fitting these. But my question is, what tire size are you running in the rear, and how much is it sticking out. Ive wanted an aggressive stance and have been looking high and low and I'm pretty sure the 18x10 +25 will look amazing. Post pics if you have any! Thanks

neema

forum member
Reaction score
hey man i was looking at 18x10 +25 and its good to see that you are running a 19x10 +28 and able to tuck a 285! It gives me a better understanding that i won't have too bad of a problem fitting these. But my question is, what tire size are you running in the rear, and how much is it sticking out. Ive wanted an aggressive stance and have been looking high and low and I'm pretty sure the 18x10 +25 will look amazing. Post pics if you have any! Thanks

i'll start by saying i have et28 up front because i have 15mm spacers to clear brakes. the wheels are et43, which is how the back sits at the moment.

25 offset is going to be super aggressive up front. start getting comfortable with the fact that you're going to need to run a decent (minumum ~2º) amount of camber. before that though, find a rear wheel with a higher offset--et 25 will protrude and there's nothing you can do to overcome that besides bodywork or narrowing your axles. if you want to use a meaty tire, then mid to high 30s will be your best bet for a 10" wheel in the back. if you want to stretch some 245 or 255 tires, you can probably get away with ~30, but this is just me guessing. you're going to have to experiment yourself.

stretching your tires helps, but i drive the $hit out of my car, so no babying my precious tire beads for me. they need to be able to slide, grip, hit rumble strips, etc... hence the square sidewall.

here's et28 up front with 1.2º of camber. tire doesn't tuck, but i never rubbed because of stiff springs. note the rear wheel at et43. this is without my panhard bar perfectly centered. there are guys here than run et38 with 285s and they're doing fine. you may have some more mm's of wiggle room, but again, it'll be up to you to take the leap and try.
IMG_0171.jpg

this is with 2º of camber. i realize the car is under compression, but still, you can notice that the tire tucks into the fender with no drama. the panhard bar was centered in this picture (again, take this with a grain of salt due to suspension being loaded from turning)
2012-07-July%2520July-01-2012-SpeedVentures%25204-Blue%25201005am%2520CLI_8005.JPG

sorry for the thread jack. back to big lip 18/19" wheels!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That's some great advice Neema. I did not consider getting two different offsets. Having a 305 all around would definitely be awesome however I would like to be able to rotate them. I could probably do a spacer, but that wouldn't be ideal for the money spent. For right now I guess I will stick with the thought of the classics and get some numbers down to see what we can do as far as the math on the brakes and offsets.

Every time I see your current setup, I want something with a dish so much more. Hopefully I can survive the wait with my stock 18" rims and spacers, lol. 2 degrees of camber would look nice and aggressive and the top of the wheels right at the arch.

Just need to now sell these Vossens I have and get some $$ to put down... lol. What 20's are you going with?

neema

forum member
Reaction score
Just need to now sell these Vossens I have and get some $$ to put down... lol. What 20's are you going with?

rotiform blqs. i realized it was time for a set of dedicated track wheels, so these will be DD wheels. i'd love to get some ccw classics for a track wheel, but i'm afraid of how well the car will drive on a lighter wheel/tire setup and not being able to switch back :)

regarding different offsets front and rear, you should look into it. i know you want to be able to rotate, but your fitment will be more spot on if you can run the correct offset in the front and rear. a spacer works too, but spacers have always been a pet peeve of mine, especially if you're going to drop some coin on wheels.

gallopingford: just go with CCW classics. there--i made up your mind for you

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Fair enough. I think I'm going to go with a lighter finish.

18x10.5 (if all checks out)
I do want a nice thick tire, like a 40 profile
Either gunmetal finish or satin silver
Just need to figure out brake situation

Just need to sell both these sets of wheels I'm sitting on and tires and I should be golden.

Last edited:

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I have 18x10 Shelby Redline wheels on all 4 corners for my track tires.

redline-wheel-1024.jpg

front-corner-tire-1024.jpg

Mustang-img_5838copy2.jpg

neema

forum member
Reaction score
any updates?

edit: nvm, read what you said in another thread.

as far as other options, i don't know of many besides the custom wheel manufacturers i.e. forgeline, hre, etc

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
any updates?

edit: nvm, read what you said in another thread.

as far as other options, i don't know of many besides the custom wheel manufacturers i.e. forgeline, hre, etc

I was about to pull trigger but may need to hold back since I need to buy a new Mac and other stuff and possibly a truck in the fall.

Hcbr929rr2

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen a few pics around on the internet of xxr 521's 18x10 +25 all the way around, it looks pretty good personally, I like the color options they have, flat gunmetal is pretty wicked looking

Pardue

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen a few pics around on the internet of xxr 521's 18x10 +25 all the way around, it looks pretty good personally, I like the color options they have, flat gunmetal is pretty wicked looking
Here is a picture of my car with 18x10 +24 in the rear to give you an idea of the offsets look like. I personally love the look but some may not.
FR500Stang033.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Bringing it back up, decided to start looking again as I plan on keeping the car and do some serious work on it when summer rolls again.

Looking at the CCW's again, I still am not 100% on them. I also looked at some 18x11/18x12 Forgestar F14's

IMG5474-L.jpg

Looked at the HRE's but am not sure and I do have an offer on the table for some FR500 Fiske's for $1500, but I don't know if I want to mess with the stud conversion.

Also, I started looking at the Forgeline wheels - Those are just beautiful.

mmfp_1103_08_o+kenny_brown_csr_69_2005_ford_mustang_gt+front_driver_side_low_view.jpg

MCP-1110-NOVA-04.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back