Suggestions: 18/19" Square setups with a lip

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
You probably just need coilovers to fit 315s....I'm planning on 305s some camber and the extra room coils give should allow you to do it

Well it wasn't the front that would be a problem, although I do plan on coil overs or air, but it was the rear that would be the problem since the shock would probably be in the way of a 18x10.5

OkieSnuffBox

forum member
Reaction score
I was planning running a 315 all around but after doing research I found I may need the GR 315 kit, so I'm waiting to hear about that.

Kind of doubling back and looking at Jongbloed wheels now. A little bit of overkill, but I did find them for a good price.

My inner hater wants to ask:

Do you need/will use 315s, or do you just want to say you have 315s?

DRock

Reaction score
Well it wasn't the front that would be a problem, although I do plan on coil overs or air, but it was the rear that would be the problem since the shock would probably be in the way of a 18x10.5

Doubt it. With the wrong offsets maybe but oeople run 11s no problems. Look at steeda

neema

forum member
Reaction score

Bro, I run a 12" wheel out back. Your car has a little more room in the rear wheel wells than my car. You'll have room for 315s. No need to mess with the shock. the Griggs and cortex kits have issues because they run true coilovers in the rear, so the spring is what is reducing clearance. If you run springs on adjustable collars in the stock location, you're fine.

On that note, why not 11s? With a 315 on a 10.5", you'll have almost the same width and clearance issues, only the shape of the tire will sit a little differently on the wheel than on an 11" wheel. Guaranteed you'd need at least ~2° to bring the tire flush with the fender. If you're not down for that, try 305s on 10.5s.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Doubt it. With the wrong offsets maybe but oeople run 11s no problems. Look at steeda

Bro, I run a 12" wheel out back. Your car has a little more room in the rear wheel wells than my car. You'll have room for 315s. No need to mess with the shock. the Griggs and cortex kits have issues because they run true coilovers in the rear, so the spring is what is reducing clearance. If you run springs on adjustable collars in the stock location, you're fine.

On that note, why not 11s? With a 315 on a 10.5", you'll have almost the same width and clearance issues, only the shape of the tire will sit a little differently on the wheel than on an 11" wheel. Guaranteed you'd need at least ~2° to bring the tire flush with the fender. If you're not down for that, try 305s on 10.5s.

I guess I was over thinking it, lol. I just hate when I purchase something then need to make more adjustments for getting it to work. I don't want that crap to happen to me, again.

I would rather do the 10.5 than the 11 since I'm already pretty wary of doing 2 degrees of camber with the 10.5 and I think the 11 would be just that little bit that would be too much (yeah it sounds silly).

I'm really held up though now since the brake clearance issue with the CCW's. Going to have to wait it out again, lol.

DRock

Reaction score
I guess I was over thinking it, lol. I just hate when I purchase something then need to make more adjustments for getting it to work. I don't want that crap to happen to me, again.

I would rather do the 10.5 than the 11 since I'm already pretty wary of doing 2 degrees of camber with the 10.5 and I think the 11 would be just that little bit that would be too much (yeah it sounds silly).

I'm really held up though now since the brake clearance issue with the CCW's. Going to have to wait it out again, lol.

2 degrees of camber really isn't that much and while you can say more is excesive and stupid, so is 10.5s on a non road race car.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
2 degrees of camber really isn't that much and while you can say more is excesive and stupid, so is 10.5s on a non road race car.

I did not mean to imply that it was too much as in excessive and stupid. I meant it would poke too much for me. As for the 10.5 all around, I just like how it looks.

Anyone can argue with me that it is pointless for me to do since I don't race around all the time (which I do agree is a waste for a setup like this to some extent), but I've never been satisfied with staggered wheels on my car. For a road car individuals merely just choose what we like what looks the best.

Last edited:

neema

forum member
Reaction score

the only time 2º looks like a lot of camber is when we look at the car and see the difference between the front and the solid axle rear with no camber. most cars look just fine with 2º of camber all around, but when it's just up front, some may think it can look a little overly aggressive sometimes. that said, i run 2º of camber, no big deal

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
the only time 2º looks like a lot of camber is when we look at the car and see the difference between the front and the solid axle rear with no camber. most cars look just fine with 2º of camber all around, but when it's just up front, some may think it can look a little overly aggressive sometimes. that said, i run 2º of camber, no big deal

That is exactly how I see it all the time. It doesn't bother me though. Personally I like how a SRA looks with a fixed angle, I just hate when it comes to adjusting the PH bar perfectly.

DRock

Reaction score
I did not mean to imply that it was too much as in excessive and stupid. I meant it would poke too much for me. As for the 10.5 all around, I just like how it looks.

Anyone can argue with me that it is pointless for me to do since I don't race around all the time (which I do agree is a waste for a setup like this to some extent), but I've never been satisfied with staggered wheels on my car. For a road car individuals merely just choose what we like what looks the best.

I'm not saying its dumb or useless by any means. I'm going to have 11s all around! Why? Because it will look cool. End of story. I was just saying if your going to be excessive with the width might as well go a little more and be excessive with camber too

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Ah, I read you correctly now. Misunderstood that.

Just for the hell of it, I am seeing how a BBK will fit now with a 18x11 and a 2.5" lip, since we could move it out .5" - That may be the game changer.

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
Ah, I read you correctly now. Misunderstood that.

Just for the hell of it, I am seeing how a BBK will fit now with a 18x11 and a 2.5" lip, since we could move it out .5" - That may be the game changer.

Yea bud wasn't dogging you just trying to get you to push your limits :)

neema

forum member
Reaction score
Yea bud wasn't dogging you just trying to get you to push your limits :)

i second you on pushing limits. plus, if it comes out looking nice, i will probably copy you in some form :)

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
i second you on pushing limits. plus, if it comes out looking nice, i will probably copy you in some form :)

I cant figure out if we are bad or good influences ha

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I asked and it wouldn't matter. Seems like the face is just a template and has a fixed offset and the inner and outter lip is what is adjusted.

I would just need a 5/8" spacer to clear the Brembos.

:-/

neema

forum member
Reaction score
they can't leave some extra material on the backpad of the face? it's not a big deal, but you don't want to run spacers if you don't have to.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
they can't leave some extra material on the backpad of the face? it's not a big deal, but you don't want to run spacers if you don't have to.

I messaged someone who is running them on his GT500 and yeah he is running spacers like they said. They said no matter what I need spacers for large brakes. I'm looking back into Forgeline wheels and so far Jongbloed's are becoming my first pick. So budget is $3-4k.

Holding off on this purchase till March/April since I will be retiring it from DD duty in May.

Last edited:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I sent you a message. Take a look at COR forged wheels. I should be able to get you a great deal on those.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back