Suggestions: 18/19" Square setups with a lip

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised ccw can't make you what you need. The shape of the classics must be the problem. They made my 505's fit perfect with a 20x10 inch up front and tons of clearance.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
CCW Classics are just not a good wheel for large brakes. I may just see if I can order one wheel as a test fitter in 18x10.5 (or 11) and see what it looks like with a 5/8" spacer.

Did some renderings of what I envision as I've been looking into a GT500 front end swap. Don't mind the untidiness of the chopping. I was too anxious to see what it would look like. Both of the cars were GT500's with stripes. So I had to take the color out and remove the stripes to get a good idea of a solid color.

Here is one with Jongbloed Aero 305

photoshopgt500.jpg

Here is two with CCW Classics in motion - I photoshopped the larger dish of the rear to the front since this car originally had a staggered setup.

(my favorite)
ccwwheels.jpg

ccwrear.jpg

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
Go through with either. Dear lord that's straight money

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Go through with either. Dear lord that's straight money

That second pic looks disgustingly good...

That's what I said. I couldn't stop myself from staring today while in class.

Talked to Dan at CCW today. I am trying to get a raw single wheel to test fit.

So far we are at these specs:

18x10.5 with a 1.5" Lip and will use a 5/8" Spacer to clear the front Brembo Brake. With the 315/30 Tire and 2 degrees of camber in the front it would protrude 1/4" in the front, which will look fine. The spacer would have been needed anyways with a 18x10.5 in the front even without the Brembo brakes because the backspacing is at 7.75" and that would not clear the front suspension. With the space it would move the backspacing to 7.125"

Here is a picture of a 18 with 1.5" lip.

4937331434_f97d5a0dac_z.jpg

But... I'm digging 2" Lip. It sucks because that would then just put the wheel about 3/4" out.
4074573024_d30e90a41c_b.jpg

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
No offense to Dan, but John is the guy to speak to. He's got the numbers down straight out of his head... He's scary good. I spoke to two other guys there before I spoke to John, and he is the only person I'll talk to now...

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
Get coils or air (roughly same size strut.) and go with less offset to keep it in. I love spending your money

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
2nd pic....... yes

If Mikey approves, then consider it bought. :naughty1:

Have you looked at true forge wheels? They make some really nice stuff.
These are the chicanes
http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/?content/pictures1/Wheel+Gallery/Wheel7lg.jpg
And the rs10
http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/?content/pictures1/Wheel+Gallery/rs10x.jpg

Both a mesh style wheel,they aren't cheap but neither are any of the wheels you have referred to yet.lol

I was interested in the TF wheels, specifically the RS10's but I found out they only go up to 19x10's and the stepped lip on the CCW's looks much better. Plus without a visual aid of them on a S197 it makes it hard for me to visualize.

In essence, I fell in love with the CCW's over other wheels (besides the Aero 305's) because they are like a combination of BBS wheels and the FR500C Fiske wheels.

Get coils or air (roughly same size strut.) and go with less offset to keep it in. I love spending your money

I planned on air, but now leaning toward coilovers. It will hopefully all come together next summer... great works just takes time... and my money.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
I realize that the spoke design may allow more lip, but just as a motivator, here is mine with a 2 inch front lip and 3.5 inch rear lip. Tons of room all around...

271033_10151037088417124_437629989_n.jpg

581518_10151037088212124_953066440_n.jpg

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
CCW or I will come to your house and eat all your milk and cereal...I will.

If I let you down the least I can do it let you ransack my breakfast supply

I realize that the spoke design may allow more lip, but just as a motivator, here is mine with a 2 inch front lip and 3.5 inch rear lip. Tons of room all around...

That looks really nice on your ride.

Thankfully the step lip design on the CCW Classics allows an illusion that the lip looks larger.

In the image I photoshopped -

502.jpg

CCW said that the rear lip is 2" which I am planning all around. I'm trying to setup a phone call with CCW when I get some time this week so we can finally settle.

I am changing my mind on the finish though - Thinking about a gloss black face and a brushed lip or polished lip.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
I have hypersilver on mine, but take a peek at the titanium finish. Saw some matte titanium centered classics with polished lips on an import at a car show, and it was a very good combination for a dark colored car...

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
That looks really dark for a hypersilver, I thought it was hyperblack at first.

I talked to John today on the phone from CCW and he is a great guy to talk to.

I explained to him that it will be more of a street car and he explained to me the concerns of running a Classic on the S197. It's unfortunate as it is a spectacular wheel, but as far as looks with a 1.5 lip at max (in front) it would not be the best look for that wheel and there were a couple other things that would pose problematic for it hence it is not worth spending $3K for and worry about fitment. I told him how I'm not planning on pulling the trigger till early Spring so we will keep in contact and see what else I can find from them.

We talked about the SP16's either the A or R and how they could do a 18x11. So I'll keep doing my research and see what I can come up with next.

Last edited:

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
BOO!!! those would have been badass!

Your telling me. :dead2:

I had my photoshop as my desktop wallpaper so now I'm sad. I must study for my mid-term now and not try and get distracted with this, but the Jongbloed's are looking more promising now.

BlackDragon

Large Member
Reaction score
They look dark because I requested black barrels. Darkens them.

That sucks about the classics. I was looking forward to seeing them...

-Ant

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
They look dark because I requested black barrels. Darkens them.

That sucks about the classics. I was looking forward to seeing them...

-Ant

Either way, they are a great looking wheel on your ride.

Contacted Fikse seeing what they could do with a Profil 10 - These are the wheels on the FR500GT car

ford-mustang-fr500-gt-2006-1.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back