swflastang05's build thread

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Wow!! I am so jealous!! I would love a full 3" exhaust...but with my retarded center exhaust I am stuck with 2.5" catback. sigh

Very nice!! How is the clearance over the axles? I got some tapping with the passenger side over axle. :(

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Wow!! I am so jealous!! I would love a full 3" exhaust...but with my retarded center exhaust I am stuck with 2.5" catback. sigh

Very nice!! How is the clearance over the axles? I got some tapping with the passenger side over axle. :(

Center exhaust??

Clearance over the axle is kinda tight, but after spending some time messing with it I think I have it pretty good. I can wiggle the pipes all around and they don't hit anything, hopefully that will still be the case with the car running!

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Center exhaust??

Clearance over the axle is kinda tight, but after spending some time messing with it I think I have it pretty good. I can wiggle the pipes all around and they don't hit anything, hopefully that will still be the case with the car running!

Sort of centered... Its the ROUSH square tips and its further center than stock.

Yeah, same thing, I installed everything, wiggled it and everything seemed fine until I started driving it and the suspension started compressing...CLUNK!! sigh lol

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Sort of centered... Its the ROUSH square tips and its further center than stock.

Yeah, same thing, I installed everything, wiggled it and everything seemed fine until I started driving it and the suspension started compressing...CLUNK!! sigh lol

Ah, now I know what you meant! I hope mine doesn't CLUNK, I hate that!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I'm still at least a week or more out waiting on my parts from Procharger but in talking to Michael @ L&M and Lito they both agree I can seat the rings N/A since I have a centri blower, so I placed a cone filter on the end of an old Fox Pro-M intake and connected to my old SC plumbing, a revised tune from Lito and viola! Time to crank, after one last priming cycle, all 8 quarts this time though - thanks for the tip 05stroker!

Ready to crank "N/A" soon as get get my revised tune!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
It's alive! After a couple tune revisions Lito gave me the okay to do a couple runs with it, first outing was 2 or 3 3rd gear pulls to 5k, then after a cooling period the second outing was 3 pulls to 6k. So far all is good, no leaks, no unusual noises, etc. Oil looks great, etc.

It's great to drive it again after a 3 month build. First time my car has moved on its own power since the beginning of June.

Paps

forum member
Reaction score
How is the feeling powerwise? Noticeable? Or same as before but def stronger?

Congrats! After that you and beachmonkey jumped into build, now my turn!
We've almost same goodies (cp, boss 302 rods....)

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score

Haha I jumped into mine months ago, it's just been a slow process with work and school and parts debation. The car has only been down for just under 2 months.

But yes, identical parts lol. It's a good combo!

lito

forum member
Reaction score
That's great. I wonder how much the intercooler helps while na? Probably a little.

Nothing, is a delta game, if the intake is "ambient" and passed thru an IC that also has ambient temps, the variation is zero.

What I assume is that is terrible NA car, just like a turbo car lag, sucking air thru an endlessly long drinking straw.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Awesome man! I'm happy for you! I'm hopefully not to far behind.
Thanks!

Actually immediately off the line I can tell there's more power, but it soon falls off since there's on SC right now lol!

awesome! you need some retrofits on that stang!!
lol

Nothing, is a delta game, if the intake is "ambient" and passed thru an IC that also has ambient temps, the variation is zero.

What I assume is that is terrible NA car, just like a turbo car lag, sucking air thru an endlessly long drinking straw.

^^yes, it sounds means as hell, but it's pretty slow since the entire motor was build for boost, all clearances, cams, etc. and I'm sure having it suck the intake air through all that plumbing is slowing it way down too. Heck these are my old pipes that shrink down to 2.5" in some places, way smaller than a stock intake pipe! lol

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Still don't have my new SC!!! Supposedly will ship sometime this week. But did get some other things done while waiting including a new FRPP radiator and slim fan & shroud from Procharger to clear the new larger discharge pipes. The radiator was quite a PITA to install, I was surprised! I suppose if it was going onto an otherwise stock car it would probably be easier but I ran into all kinds of clearance issues since it pushed everything forward slightly which resulted in my IC being pushed into the back of the bumper, needless to say I spent a good amount of time cutting for clearance. All in all it came out good though.

Also decided to go with a 12 rib SC belt system and after the radiator install I only had about 3/4" clearance b/w the fan motor and 8 rib blower pulley so I remounted the new fan inside the shroud via 1.200" spacers, came out great and gained a ton of clearance! Still a mile of room b/w the fan and the radiator too.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Is this fan slimmer than the 2013 GT500 FRPP fan? I just installed one this time around, I've had it laying around the garage for over 1.5 years. I bought one as soon as they became available. Its quite a bit slimmer than the stock fan.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Is this fan slimmer than the 2013 GT500 FRPP fan? I just installed one this time around, I've had it laying around the garage for over 1.5 years. I bought one as soon as they became available. Its quite a bit slimmer than the stock fan.

IDK, that's the fan I was considering first then I learned Procharger has a special fan & shroud they offer with the sides clearanced for the vertical dicsharge pipes so I went with that one. If you look closely in the pics you can see what I'm referring to.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Okay that's great and all, but how much was it lol

Fan & shroud was about $400 shipped. Not too bad, especially considering I didn't have much choice if I wanted to actually be able to install my new discharge pipes! :beer:

Edit: you can also see in the pics where I tried to cut my OEM fan to make more room, and after all that it still wasn't even close to enough! I didn't really want to cut the shit out of a brand new GT500 fan either.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
Fan & shroud was about $400 shipped. Not too bad, especially considering I didn't have much choice if I wanted to actually be able to install my new discharge pipes! :beer:

Edit: you can also see in the pics where I tried to cut my OEM fan to make more room, and after all that it still wasn't even close to enough! I didn't really want to cut the shit out of a brand new GT500 fan either.

Definitely not bad, I say. I finally got a new press break so I'm going to see if I can get some material and make me a shroud and see how that goes.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I received a big box of goodies from Procharger yesterday, however a couple parts are WRONG!! Argh!! The 12 rib crank pulley has 4 bolts instead of 3 and an extra 6 rib section, IDK what that's for, and the degas tank is wrong too! Not to mention some missing bushings. Now I gotta send that stuff back and wait another week for the correct parts! Still no F1-A head unit either, I'm getting sick of waiting!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back