swflastang05's build thread

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Lol, I should have just ordered a whole new Stage II kit from them, rather than trying to piece together and upgrade my Stage I kit, which after everything is said and done the only parts I'm reusing will be the 3 core IC and some misc bolts & brackets, oh well you know what they say hindsight's a bitch! :thud:

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I was able to at least get a few miles on it this weekend, new motor has about 90 miles on it now, 110 more and I get to change the oil, yeah! Also was able to install the new DS loop after extending the bracket 1/2" to clear the 3" exhaust. New hood arrived Friday afternoon, test fit today, looks bad azz!
DS loop extended brackets

Modified Lakewood loop installed

New hood fitting

I think I'm gonna leave the lower billet grill off and use the IC for a grill this time :)

Picked up some axles on the parts FS forum for a good price, should be here tomorrow, hopefully my parts from Procharger this week too!

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
Awesome!!!!

Tell me more about your driveshaft safety loop!!

I had the BMR loop that bolts to the tranny x-member but it hit right smack in the middle of the "X" of my new 3" o/r X pipe, there was no way to make it fit so I had to get rid of that loop and replace it with another type. I found the Lakewood model #18005 attaches to the frame rails and looked like it would work however when I went to install it I found I still needed about 1/2" more clearance over the "X", therefore extended the vertical loop brackets by 1/2" then it fits perfectly.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I'm sure the OEM seals are fine, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that, lol! vitons are supposed to be better for high heat, high performance applications and they don't cost much more than OEM so I went with them.

BeachMonkey100

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure the OEM seals are fine, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that, lol! vitons are supposed to be better for high heat, high performance applications and they don't cost much more than OEM so I went with them.

I've seen them all sorts of prices. I got mine from Brian Tooley racing for like $32 bucks for 24. The viton seals to be specific lol

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I finally got everything to install my new blower this week, including the new blower! Holy cow it only took about 2 months to get it~ Anyway, got everything installed and have been working with Lito on the tuning. I ran into a snag though with a stupid coolant leak at the lower fitting on the expansion tank, I reinstalled that sucker 4 or 5 times, wrapped it with teflon about half dozen times and it still drips after the system pressurizes. So I pulled the tank so I can try to figure something out for it this week. I would have the fitting welded on but it's brass, maybe I'll try to find an aluminum fitting IDK.

AutoXRacer

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome!! Looks so clean!!

Is that the MSD 2 Step RPM launch thing...? The one that comes with a harness that plugs between the coils and coil harness?

How does it work? Is it good? Do you recommend it?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
My Procharger tank used to leak when it was under pressure. I found it to be a weld on the bottom back side. Do you have an air compressor you could use to test it at about 30 psi?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back