The Beast on the Bottle Build Thread

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Well....

Where do I start?

Oh shit. Reading this thread as a duplicate [except for color] to my car, and thoughts, not realizing it was started a year and a half ago. Then I am reading along and realize: oh shit, this is my neighbor. Later through reading I am thinking: damn, does everyone buy wheels from Bruce?

I have also been debating NOS [vs. DOB].

Back to oh shit, your my neighbor.

Then, thoughts to messages to Bruce about and engine he is building and wants to sell. You might want to check his price on it.

I will toss up a build thread [kinda] when my baby is out of the body shop.

Last edited:

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Ya I just saw your intro thread a couple days ago. Welcome to the group man. I used to hang out a lot in Yelm when my buddy Matt was living out there.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
It's been a while, but progress is just about to start ramping back up again. Picked up this low mile CHP 5.1L Pro Street stroker shortblock from another member for a good deal. Hopefully I'll have this thing cleaned up and seeing boost in no time!

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Here's another update on what's possibly the worlds slowest build. Just realized it'll be a year from my last update as of tomorrow. Jesus that's sad lol. I've been trying to hide some of the major portions of this build but I figure at this point most have forgotten it exists or already have an idea what I'm doing.

Car is a 5.1 CHP forged stroker build, breathing through a 70mm On3 kit that a buddy hooked me up with brand new in the box for a song and a dance. I also added a FRPP TB and Bruce H gave me a screamin deal on a beautiful FRPP Intake Manifold. Fuel system at this point are 39lbs injectors (whatever terminators come with) and BAP. I'll probably upgrade that later but not sure yet. At this point all the piping is coated, the longblock is all bolted up and torqued down, and will hopefully be in the car this week. My goal is to get at least one pass in before the winter but at this point who knows.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
I'll have to look into the damper and billet oil gears. Injectors and better pumps are definitely on the list. I'm planning to swap out all the Chinese On3 parts within the next couple years so we'll call this Stage 1 lol. My ultimate goal is 10's, don't care if its 10.0 or 10.9 as long as its a 10. But my second goal is to not go cage, which is pushing me to stay a lot closer to that 10.9.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
God damn this a sight to behold. First time the engine has been in the car in just shy of 2 years. Time for a beer.

roberts

forum member
Reaction score
looks good. u need to get with Jeremy h about a fuel system be the easiest and prob the cheapest!! Build looks good also! Keep up the work!

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Thanks man! It took forever but it's definitely coming along nicely. When the time comes for a fuel upgrade I'll hit him up. The cars been down long enough at this point that as soon as it runs I'm gonna be driving/racing the tits off it for probably a good year before I start thinking about more upgrades.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Engine and transmission are officially in and carrying their own weight. Not gonna lie I'm starting to get pretty god damn excited!

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
If anybody's still reading this, sorry this has become so drawn out. As you probably guessed my motivation just died when this car went down. Still plugging away at it though and hoping to hear it come to life sometime this spring, if not a lot sooner. All the accessories are now installed, wiring harness is hooked up with the exception of the coils and injectors, and slapping the intake manifold and fuel rails on tonight. Pan had been punched and tapped for the oil return on the turbo. Oh ya this an On3 kit, honestly couldn't remember whether I ever mentioned the power adder or not but there it is. Hoping to have the kit on and buttoned up either this weekend or next and get this bitch ready for tuning.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Holy shit we have progress! Going to clock my turbo tonight and try to finish up the cold side and intercooler. Can't figure out how the hell On3 expects me to mount the intercooler with those brackets so I may just be fabbing some up.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
tell me when I can stop by to check this beast out....
Hopefully it'll be hitting the streets soon and we can hit a meet our something. If nothing else it'll be at the NWN race event in Shelton in early September, or I'll set it on fire lol.

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Got some more progress tonight. All the pipes are finally on and mocked up. Now I can finally see where I want my intercooler and can start working on a mount. Still have to tighten up and seal all the hotside connections, but I'm getting closer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back