The hits just keep on coming...

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Well, I decided to continue with the install of my s/c, just skipped a few sections to try to get the rest of the car done. Got to the mounting of the nuts in the front crossmember for the intercooler just to find out the ass clowns at the ford stealership installed 2 bolts that are twice as long as the rest and 1 was missing all together...this leaves me 1 bolt to mount the intercooler. To make matters worse, I tried to mount the billet pump bracket to the metal bracket only to have the bolts go part way in and hit some slag from when the nuts were welded on. Now I have to grind the nuts off the back and install new bolts and nyloc nuts. I was going to move on to the fuel pump and wiring, but I figured I better stop while I was ahead....just isn't my weekend.:samuri:

On a plus note, props to whipple for such a well put together/complete kit! Everything is heavy duty and they didn't skimp on anything. 2 thumbs up whipple!

Last edited:

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Well, I decided to continue with the install of my s/c, just skipped a few sections to try to get the rest of the car done. Got to the mounting of the nuts in the front crossmember for the intercooler just to find out the ass clowns at the ford stealership installed 2 bolts that are twice as long as the rest and 1 was missing all together...this leaves me 1 bolt to mount the intercooler. To make matters worse, I tried to mount the billet pump bracket to the metal bracket only to have the bolts go part way in and hit some slag from when the nuts were welded on. Now I have to grind the nuts off the back and install new bolts and nyloc nuts. I was going to move on to the fuel pump and wiring, but I figured I better stop while I was ahead....just isn't my weekend.:samuri:

On a plus note, props to whipple for such a well put together/complete kit! Everything is heavy duty and they didn't skimp on anything. 2 thumbs up whipple!

I'm a little confused. Has you car had repair work done that would lead to the dealer having something to do with incorrect bolts? Are you sure you are working on the correct studs? Again, I just installed an 07 kit and had no issues. There is a definite difference between the 05-06 and 07 kits. You only use two of the coupling nuts on the 07 and I believe you were sent an 05-06 kit which would have 4 coupling nuts for the heat exchanger. The coupling nuts on the 07 mount the water pump and the heat exchanger goes directly on 2 of the bumper studs. The bottom two. Call with questions.

Sam

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Are the brackets the same for mounting the intercooler as the 05/06? One of the bolts is missing on the front, my car got hit 2 weeks after I bought it...guy hit the passenger side. Took out the suspension on the passenger side, fender, and bumper. I had complaints with the dealership already...extra couple hundred miles on my car, the bumper sags under the drivers headlight, pulled like crazy to the left. Last time I talked to them, they said they could wedge something in the bumper to push up the sag.:tdown: If you have a pic of yours, I'd appreciate it. The details on the 07 are vague.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
Are the brackets the same for mounting the intercooler as the 05/06? One of the bolts is missing on the front, my car got hit 2 weeks after I bought it...guy hit the passenger side. Took out the suspension on the passenger side, fender, and bumper. I had complaints with the dealership already...extra couple hundred miles on my car, the bumper sags under the drivers headlight, pulled like crazy to the left. Last time I talked to them, they said they could wedge something in the bumper to push up the sag.:tdown: If you have a pic of yours, I'd appreciate it. The details on the 07 are vague.

Yes, I believe the brackets are the same. I need to remove the splash shield to take pictures. I'll see what I can do. If you can take pictures of yours and post I can walk you through it. The 07 is not supposed to have bolts in all the holes that is why Whipple supplies nuts and bolts to mount the exchanger. Take a couple of pictures of your mounts that the bumper reinforcement attaches to

Sam

RedFury

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I received little/no help from Whipple or the vendor from whom I ordered my kit. You will just have to use common sense to get through some sticky points of the install. The instructions were very good though - probably 95% complete. I made notes of any problems I had and sent them to Whipple to help them update their procedure. I don't think they incorporated any of my suggestions. Anyhow, I'll post my observations here - maybe they will help in the areas I had trouble (e.g., you'll see I had the same question about the idler pullies you mentioned in another post).

Don't even think about going ahead to the fuel pump wiring tonight if you are in a foul mood now - things are only going to get worse! Start on the beers and save it for tomorrow!:bigbeer:

Attachments

• Whipple Supercharger Installation Notes.txt
    4.6 KB · Views: 8

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I know there is a bolt missing because there is a hole and there is a bolt on the other side. It's not a big deal though if I don't even use them for the 07 install. Thanks for the help guys, I hope to work on it some this evening, but this cold is kicking my ass which doesn't help. I just don't think it is meant to be this weekend....hahaha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back