The Jalapeno, our 2005 GT build thread

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
Finally got around to changing all of those stupid blend actuators. Had to add Freon to get it bowing cold again so there most likely is a leak. When it starts to get low again, I’ll dye check it for leaks. For now, just going to keep trucking’.

Still sitting on the total 6R80 swap but my wife isn’t sure if she wants to swap it now. Wish she would’ve thought this over more before I bought everything but what do you do? You start to consider TR-6060 swapping the car.

Other than that, I have a pretty significant exhaust leak so I’m considering a new set of headers and removing the 3” MBRP cat back in favor of another 2.5” system for ground clearance. Installing a DLG1 soon to monitor AFR and tie into the SCT for tuning. Switched the black dash fascia panels out for the grey, GT Premium versions. The clutch pedal lever to slave cylinder coupling snapped in front of the house and I replaced it with an aluminum one. Car shifts differently now meaning the “gritty, vague” engagement is gone and it doesn’t pop out of gear now. Suppose that meant it wasn’t fully engaging the pressure plate!
IMG_7032.jpeg
IMG_7069.jpeg 70605557220__F3C68A6C-2271-47B9-BD4C-F3E9D48DA470.jpeg
IMG_7079.jpeg

Paint and new wheels are on the horizon!

Last edited:

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
I think my defrost to panel blend actuator already failed. AC is only blowing in the floor and will only switch to defrost. Checked the harness connector and it was securely fastened. Pulled the fuses to reset the system but it didn’t help. Put my had on the actuator and tried each position on the switch. Didn’t seem to be doing anything. Has to be a defective part.

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
Been awhile.

Suddenly, this car became the stepchild of the fleet. Wound up parking it last September and drove my SN95 until my F-150 delivered early October.

IMG_4413.jpeg

The front tires are shot and I still need to replace the x-pipe. That is exactly where we will pick back up. I’ve acquired a Magnaflow “Tru-X” and will be ordering Pypes 2.5” exhaust pipes. I’m not totally sure what will be done for an axle back yet.

IMG_3377.jpeg

She sat for so long that the battery died.

IMG_3636.jpeg

Now, she’s nestled into the carport for a 6R80 swap and I’ll report back when I have more to speak of.

IMG_4405.jpeg

IMG_4402.jpeg

white95

boost or bust
Reaction score
The date is set. We will be 6R80 swapping Sunday, 25-February. We will at the least have the hard install completed. I’ll button up the wiring and such later, if we don’t get to it.

IMG_4816.jpeg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back