The Official LostSoul Thread!!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I assumed so based on post #21.
Yea sorry just reread the hole thing but i am still intereseted in the comp. test #s when my motor went down they were as follows 1-4 right at 200 and 5-8 were all over the place like 155, 160 , 150, and 140 or something like .

Last edited:

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
I don't think he got to the compression test. Just the leak down.

I had plans on Sunday, but it might get changed. I will find out tonight and let you know. If we both can prove it and get others on board we should have a lawsuit I hope :-/

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
By the way the head gasket that MMR sells are the Felpro and after all I have heard about them since I bought them I have decided to go with the Ford head gaskets and Ford oil pump on my build insted of MMR after the wrong main bearings coming with my kit and setting be back 1 wk even though they said they would get them out overnight I am a little disapointed with MMR at this point.

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If we both can prove it and get others on board we should have a lawsuit I hope :-/

Ted,

You're not going to sue anybody! This sucks, but really, if you want to play, be prepared to pay. You'll have an impossible time proving the tuner did something wrong. There are just tooooooooo many variables.

Like...... "I told Ted, not to run that gas, but he did anyway....."

You get my point? Suck it up and build a better one.

It's not a total loss at this point. If it's not scored up too bad, you go .010 over with new pistons and rings, and reuse everything else. You down a few grand for some parts and machine work, not the same as the total destruction of the last one. Don't forget to run the correct head gaskets this time.

lostsoul

Reaction score
I cant build a block that a tuner cant destroy. I let the first tuner off the hook for hydro-locking my car. "If" this is tune related and the same "trick" was done to my car that blew other cars it might not be that hard to prove it. I cant swallow another few grand and let someone else off. If its something else then thats fine. I was told there was no issue with the head gasket. If it is something on me then I will suck it up.. if its another tuner issue even if I dont win I will put the money to give them the same stress I have.

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
What kind of Lawyer would you go to...you wold have to go to someone that knows the intra-ka-cies (sp?) of engines...i thik there are none out there.....but you never know. Another thing is if you go after him with the "little trick" that he puts on....I hate to say it...its been fine on mine so far {knocking on wood right now}

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
You're not going to sue anybody! This sucks, but really, if you want to play, be prepared to pay. You'll have an impossible time proving the tuner did something wrong. There are just tooooooooo many variables.
I tend to agree. The odds of being able to prove anything negligent or malicious are slim and none. And it would cost more for a lawyer than it would cost to fix the motor.

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score
Ted, Buddy, maybe talk to Ravi about this...maybe he is reading these posts go to the source first before oblirating it. I now your angry, so am I, it totally f%^&ing sucks. We all got the SYT working, it was fun shooting guns and drinking beer and burning frogs. Ticks, and runover cats... See if SFI will support you on this you never know. You got me, Stanley, and Screman 03 (where ever he is at) involved in this. That engine was sound; No need for a preemptive stike if there is no threat.

Now give me a hug:leghump: you big teddy bear.

BACNBLAK

Old and Wise(guy)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tough Break

Tough break Ted, but that's racing. My advice to you is suck it up and move on. You go around finger pointing too much, no one will want to work on your car.

Impact 5.0

Don't hate..Appreciate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ravi will give him the run around just like he did to me... here is my story about ravi and his tunes...
http://www.ca-mustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9833&highlight=boom
http://www.ca-mustangs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10186&highlight=boom

Plus 3 other people who have had the same exact experience with him... what tuner would tune a car to its max (7 psi at 453rwhp) claim its safe and then re-nig when his tune goes bad. Then admits it could have been part his fault when you put the fact to him. Ravi is not to be trusted and neither should his tunes... If we can’t sue there are other ways to settle this.. Look at Apex.. The shop finally went out of business because of the shady work by the former owner.

Plus I don’t think Ravi can afford another law suit from a customer with a messed up car.

We might not be able to sue him but I am sure B.A.R would like to hear about these issues.

Last edited:

lostsoul

Reaction score
I sucked up the last one and moved on. Its hard to move on with a built engine that is junk after 5-6K miles on it and hardly any racing much less driving on it. Call me stupid but before I throw down another 5K+ on another engine I would like to find out why this happened. IF this happened a few years down the road then maybe I can understand.. but not with this many miles. As for pointing fingers I'm trying not too but things are leaning one way now. Many people worked hard to get the SYT up and running. I wont just suck this up. I want to know who would blow 8-10K and accept shit like this? Don fought.. CK fought and many others. Dont get me wrong.. I have appreciated ALL of your guys help, but losing the first engine after 8K miles and now a built one at 14K miles. Thats just magical BS. This was not a racing issue.. this is not an its and old engine and worn out. This is an F' up. If its a tuning issue then they should be held accountable. Especially since I had and PAID them to fix the same issues. So far I have not heard it was a head gasket issue. We will look into that again.. if It is MMR will be hearing from me. But I will not suck it up and bend over. I have PAID to play already.

bscottie

forum member
Reaction score
there is a tuner in Oakdale that I have talked to, shops name is Performance dyno tuning,(uses the predator) since I couldnt get the interest up to get Doug out I think I will try these guys, I had an SFI tune myself, didnt have any issues but didnt run it very long, only complaint was not leaving user functions unlocked. hope you get your troubles worked out

don_w

Reaction score
Call me stupid but before I throw down another 5K+ on another engine I would like to find out why this happened.
There's nothing wrong with trying to find out why it happened. That's what you should do.

But, it's the thought of spending 5K or 10K or whatever on a lawyer... and then still having to pay for an engine rebuild anyway. That doesn't make much sense to me. The only person who wins is the lawyer.

lostsoul

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with trying to find out why it happened. That's what you should do.

But, it's the thought of spending 5K or 10K or whatever on a lawyer... and then still having to pay for an engine rebuild anyway. That doesn't make much sense to me. The only person who wins is the lawyer.

Your right Don (as always)... I'm still steamed about it and to think of letting another person F me like that drives me crazy. If it is the tune I just paid 1K (two visits) to kill my built motor?? I dont know ... we will see where it goes.

don_w

Reaction score
Your right Don (as always)... I'm still steamed about it and to think of letting another person F me like that drives me crazy. If it is the tune I just paid 1K (two visits) to kill my built motor?? I dont know ... we will see where it goes.
You can always follow my lead, and trash companies in public. Like this:

DON'T BUY DYNATECH!!!

and

ALLSTATE SUCKS!!!

OK, I feel better now...

The Dizzel

comming at cha' with NA
Reaction score

Belive me ted, Dons right. you know my situation...over a year diealing with a lawyer, he got 4k and i got 2k after endless bullshit...i had to pay for so much court fees and lawyers on the oposing councel will take it way for from the actual reason as to why you are suing. BBB is the way to go or (not sure what it is) BAR. figure out what went wrong, I dont thinks its a headgasket....water/oil mixture ya know. what happend, two plugs burrned up.... hmmm preignition...hmmm timing issue....Ravi why did this happen and what are you going to do about it.....ya think?

lostsoul

Reaction score
Well for now.. I have to worry about tearing the engine apart... again... I got beers at the house! :evil:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back